Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Red Ken
Dec 28, 2008

by DocEvil
Whilst I am very excited at the ability of the US Army to burn money at competitive rates (especially now that the Chinese military is experimenting with similar fires), is it not possible that these fires could spread, and burn up other reserves of money aside from the intended target? I know that burning money is the mission of the US Army, I just don't see how this method will be accurate than the old lighter-and-dollar-per-soldier techniques. I wouldn't want to see civilian funds combusted by this (admittedly magnificent) new fire.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Ken
Dec 28, 2008

by DocEvil

kingcobweb posted:

Look, despite whatever liberal garbage you want to spew out, the solid truth is that militarized money-burning is fundamental to the way that America works. The more money we can burn up at once, the farther everyone else keeps their money away from us. This is good because of all the dirty germs their money could carry, and potentially affect us.

But you anti-money-burning liberals would never understand that, so just go back to your Prius :rolleyes:

OK, can we try to keep ad hominem attacks out of this debate? I'm not against the mass burning of our tax money by the US Army, and I even considered signing up as a PCE (pecuniary combustion engineer for those of you who don't know Army lingo). And I think this new fire is a great thing - I just worry that it might not be a practical improvement on current methods of destroying our hard-earned money.

(USER WAS PUT UP AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT FOR THIS POST)

Red Ken
Dec 28, 2008

by DocEvil

Goatstein posted:

This picture worries me a bit. I don't like the idea of nations like India and China having the capacity for any kind of combustion technology even comparable to ours. It's well known that China is competing for our spot - isn't it possible that they would sell the secret of fire to unstable states or even terrorist groups? I really think we ought to take precautionary measures and burn all combustible material in Chinas, for the sake of world peace.

Red Ken
Dec 28, 2008

by DocEvil
Well, I just read on the news that the 4,500th US Soldier has just died through coming into contact with the Megafire. This is, of course, tragic, but it just proves that we need to stay the course and keep the Megafire burning - if necessary, until all combustible objects on earth have been consumed by its all-devouring flames. I hardly think these brave Troops would want to have died in vain. Keepo the fire going!

Apparently a couple hundred thousand Nevadans have died too from inhaling toxic fumes from the money-pyre. A pity, but I'm sure the survivors thank us.

Red Ken
Dec 28, 2008

by DocEvil

Hyosho posted:

Why haven't you capitalized TROOPS?
Why haven't you bolded and underlined TROOPS?!