Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Lockback posted:

In the US this role usually is $75k-$85k in Minnesota.

Why are you specifying Minnesota?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Armauk posted:

Why are you specifying Minnesota?

To give some context as far as what the position pays in the US (the other hiring location is MN, as opposed to NY or Silicon Valley or something). The UK tech salary structure is very different but this at least gives some context as to where this would be if someone were to be familiar with how US salaries tend to be.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

My company is now looking to hire a replacement for my current position, since I've accepted a position at another company. You can view the listing here on Angel or here on LinkedIn

quote:

Front End React Developer
$80k – $100k • No equity
Fundamental Interactions is looking for a web developer to work directly with company management and senior technical staff building out a suite of web based trading and market administration tools. Successful candidates will be expected to thrive in a fast paced environment and take ownership of features, processes, and Q&A to meet customer requirements.

Minimum Requirements:

1-2 yrs prior experience building web applications in an enterprise setting
Prior experience building production applications with React.js
Experience or interest with React Native mobile development
Experience working with REST APIS
Experience working with and building on top of real time bidirectional Websocket APIS
Some experience interfacing with end customers in a B2B context, and project management is a major plus
Excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills
Responsibilities:

Design and develop software programs to meet business requirements, perform testing, and fix bugs
Work closely with product and client teams to understand business requirements and propose technical solutions
Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve production issues
Work in agile team environment and coordinate with other departments
Organize and track system enhancement requests
Perks:

Excellent benefits package
Flexible work environment
Opportunities for career development and growth

We are open to new developers looking for their first position as well, so do not be shy. If you do apply, please do so through either the Angel or LinkedIn link and shoot me a PM or email at john @ finteractions dot com to let me know and I will push you up through the process.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

Verisimilidude posted:

My company is now looking to hire a replacement for my current position, since I've accepted a position at another company. You can view the listing here on Angel or here on LinkedIn

We are open to new developers looking for their first position as well, so do not be shy. If you do apply, please do so through either the Angel or LinkedIn link and shoot me a PM or email at john @ finteractions dot com to let me know and I will push you up through the process.

I sent you a PM about this!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We have a full time remote Very Senior/Lead level DevOps/infrastructure/build engineer role that just opened up. Company is in California but open to fully remote engineers in most any well populated state. Pay is very competitive with latest SF comp rates

PM me for details

Tech stack would be terraform/AWS/Jenkins/python/Django/postrgres

Pretty independent role and the manager is awesome, I followed my current manager here from another job and he's a 20 year veteran and quite good at his job and highly motivated to keep you happy with good work life balance

Edit: hiring immediately

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 20, 2022

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

See your face upon the clean water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!
My Experience:
  • About a decade of technical support and customer service work utilizing SQLServer and a bunch of other skills that probably won't translate into the web development field.
  • I have been dabbling with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for years but just finished a 3 month intensive Full Stack Coding boot camp and want to get to work.
  • I'm good with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS and only getting better. Also skilled with Bootstrap and experienced with React.
  • Currently I'm working on learning PHP programming and finding my way around WordPress.

What I'm Looking For:
  • My First Junior Front End Developer job. I'm looking for a job that's going to help me to continue honing my skills and not expect me to be able to do everything at first.
  • Also if that job helps me learn then it's really the ideal spot for me.
  • A healthy work culture is appreciated too.

What I'm NOT Looking For:
  • -Anything on the Senior side of things, and preferably nothing back end.
  • I know my way around MySQL and NoSQL, but I'm definitely not confident enough to apply for any positions where those are heavy requirements.

Where I Live:
  • Outside of Atlanta, GA.

Where I'm Looking:
  • A remote job would be great so I wouldn't have to deal with a commute, but I could probably handle a hybrid situation in the Atlanta area.

When I can Start:
  • Immediately.

Requirements:
  • Competitive pay and benefits.
  • Good work environment.
  • Lots of chances to learn and grow within the company if possible.
  • Remote is a bonus.

Can Be Reached via:
I'm also looking on LinkedIn, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm not actively looking but maybe I can get some good advice and I certainly am open to exploring options.

My Experience:
Oh boy - everything? Well over a decade in tech, mostly with Vendors / MSP / Disti. I straddle the line between tech and business and my current role can be best described as a consulting enterprise architect. I have direct experience in management, sales, presales, professional services, customer success. My current day could involve anything from writing orchestration code to running a sprint planning session to helping my customer interview other vendors to see which one would fit best in our stack (yes this happens) to running an executive briefing with my account manager or SE.

I've reported directly to CEOs; I've led teams as big as a dozen people; I've presented at ISC West; I've started and been put in charge of more than a couple greenfield departments; I've had customers threaten me with guns. If there's a customer facing role in a company, I've probably had that title at some point. I'm very comfortable wading neck deep into something nobody has done before and being the pointy end of whatever needs to get done. I can recognize when something needs an expert more than an inch deep and I'm usually pretty good about not sticking my (or my company's) dick in the trap of getting over my own skis. Basically, you can trust me to manage a relationship and getting the other party to trust me without making an rear end out of either of us. I can explain complex topics to simple people and sometimes I'm even successful!

On the technical side, my current employer is a NoSQL software vendor and my background is heavily in data monitoring/analysis/mastering, event systems integration (especially around security events, but anything really), security (both info and physical), and building systems with lots and lots of very fast storage before you could just throw money at Amazon to do it for you. But mile-wide definitely describes me well and I've touched lots and lots of things at least once.

My current customer has renewed my contract every quarter for the last 3 years straight and you need to save me from them before I lose my mind

I have a big beard and look like someone who knows extremely specific things about obscure technologies, except with more frequent bathing.

What I'm Looking For:
I want to make the jump to senior management / strategy and make real tech bro money. I want to go in and really get to discover and understand an organization's challenges and actually have the ability to fix things. My philosophy is that the company I work for is my customer - it's my job to analyze and advise and improve processes, regardless of what my title is. I love finding unique things to tackle. I've never worked for a company without creating a new role that didn't exist before I proposed it, and I'm very proud of that.

I'm comfortable talking to that completely unreasonable person you don't want to deal with. I might not be able to get them to see reason, but I will at least be able to translate their incomprehensible demands into English. I do well in situations where everything is a mess and it's a 5 alarm fire and I have to fly to LAX at 5 AM the next morning to unfuck everything. I don't prefer those situations, but I've done it a lot and I'm more than happy if I can turn them into a positive outcome.

I might be open to an architect role if it is a really good fit with a company I really like.

What I'm NOT Looking For:
I love hard technical problems but I don't want to be shoved in a windowless room to pump out code. I'm not a devops engineer and I don't want to write your product for you. I'm happy to help an engineering team understand real world requirements and make sure their plans and designs align with what customers actually need and aren't just building to a spherical cow in a vacuum.

I love assisting the sales process but I don't want to be a Sales Engineer or Account Manager again. I've done that and I want something with a bigger impact.

I love customers but I don't want to be in charge of a single one. That's what I do now and I enjoy the work but I want to help manage the forest, not water a single tree.

Where I Live:
Buffalo, NY baby! But I'm happy to travel a reasonable amount (My post history in the business travel thread has many examples of not-reasonable amounts). Please do not fly me across the ocean in coach - it's my one non-negotiable.

Where I'm Looking:
50%+ Remote unless you will make me a literal millionaire (RSOs only count if you're already public)

When I can Start:
Negotiable. I'm not in a rush to leave because I really do enjoy my company and my customer. I'm trying to figure out options for my next major career move, so I'm willing to put in the time to make sure it's right.

Requirements:
Director title at a minimum; preferably VP. 250k+ OTE (salary and bonuses, not stock unless it's Amazon or something)

Can Be Reached via:
PMs, [username]@gmail.com

Other stuff I'm looking for:
Advice! If you're in senior management, I want to hear how you made the jump and what it looked like.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 20, 2022

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

My experience: 7 years VoIP telecom escalation support/project management, 3 years general IT helpdesk.
What I'm looking for: Junior Sysadmin, NOC, TechOps, something like that. My current career path has been sending me more and more into project and client facing stuff and I'd like to get back into the technical side of things. VoIP/Telecom would be a plus as I'm already entrenched in the space but I'm not picky.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level helpdesk
Where I live: Bristol, UK. I am a US citizen and have a family visa to be in the country. I don't need to be sponsored, and am allowed to work here.
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in an hour or so radius, though I'd prefer to work from home.
When I can start: 1 month notice period, other than that right away.
Requirements: Work from home would be nice, otherwise a decent pay range.
Can be reached via: PMs or email at benderchan -at- gmail -dot- com.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

E: nm

cr0y fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 27, 2022

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Extremely humane and cool company (who I work for) is hiring senior full stack devs. We are remote first, and have been for several years.

https://twitter.com/BinaryStarCA/status/1486111312975384578

thedmandotjp
May 24, 2014

Natural 1s happen!
My experience: 1.5 years as a python frontend/script developer at a research institute. Used Flask, Docker, SPARQL queries, etc.
My location: Japan
Desired location: Anywhere, looking for remote. Can adjust to timezone schedule. An off-hours role stateside would be ideal.
Salary expectations: $80,000+ (emphasis on the +)
Desired role: Junior Devops Engineer. Currently learning Kubernetes on Azure.
Certs: AWS Cloud Practitioner (July, 2020)
Other interests: Machine Learning

thedmandotjp fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 1, 2022

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Job Seeker

My Experience: Senior Network Engineer and Wireless Architect with over 24 years of networking design solutions and infrastructure architecture exp. Specializing in the installation, management, documentation, analysis, and support of small, medium, and large enterprise wired and wireless networks, as well as associated Information Technology assets in multiple industries such as military, government, healthcare, hospitality, & manufacturing both locally, nationally, and globally.
      What I'm looking for:
      [!]An inclusive company with a role where your needs fit my experience and skills.
    • Senior Network Engineer
    • Network Engineer 3
    • Network Architect role.
      Where I live: Wisconsin
      Where I'm looking:
    • Wisconsin(Madison Preferred)
    • Colorado
    • Remote
      When I can start:
    • 2 Weeks from a signed offer letter(if Remote)
    • If I have to move we can work that out.
      Requirements:
    • full time
    • I do my own health insurance
    • 401k is nice
    • I can do contract but prefer W2 and it to be 1 year in length or more
      Can be reached via: PM where I will provide my email, linkedin, resume, and if needed refernces.
      Certifications: I let many of the Cisco ones lapse due to covid and honestly if I can't pass a technical interview by now(unless you use like FBOSS or something boutique) I should be doing something else.
      What I've worked with:
      Cisco, Aruba, Meraki, Foundry, Brocade
      Wireshark, Ekahau survey software, Cisco DNA, Cisco ISE, Aruba Radius, Splunk, Solarwinds

About me:
Why ask about working in an inclusive company/area: I'm trans and the area I live in is...very traditional/rural. I'll leave it at that.

My philosophy: I'm pretty vendor agnostic. My designs usually need to be perfect and within tight project budgets, since most industry IT needs require a precise set of solutions for the different challenges they face.
There's no usual one size fits all solution(though I am obsessed with standardizing) as things are done differently in a hospital vs an automated factory vs a resort.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Dr. Honked posted:

Extremely humane and cool company (who I work for) is hiring senior full stack devs. We are remote first, and have been for several years.

https://twitter.com/BinaryStarCA/status/1486111312975384578

What is a "humane" company?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

They let the devs roam free in an open office setting rather than caging them in cubicles? Wait a minute....

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Job Seeker

My Experience: 5 years of Tier 2 tech support for UCaaS provider
What I'm looking for: Tier 3 or specialized Tier 2 focusing on more technical aspects, or a Technical Account Manager style position.

Where I live: South-eastern Massachusetts
Where I'm looking:
Boston
Providence
100% remote

When I can start:
2 weeks from offer.

Requirements:
Full time
Non-contract
No driving
Travel OK otherwise

Can be reached via: Forum PM.

Certifications: None, though I do have a bachelors in Computer Science
What I've worked with:
Directly with Asterisk, JIRA, Confluence, more generally I'm experienced in Python, aspects of Salesforce, Linux, Android, LAMP. If something's not on this list I may have experience with it and it just slipped my mind.

About me:
I believe in fast learning and absorbing information as quickly but thoroughly as possible. Very rarely do I accept the surface-level "that's just how it is"; I very much want to dig deeper and learn how the different parts interact, as I believe that that gives me a better ability to troubleshoot issues or offer insight on how they can be used.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Job Posting!

Systems Administrator in Ann Arbor, MI.

40+ year privately-held old biochemical manufacturing/R&D company.

Could fill at Senior level depending on experience. No full remote, but generous WFH available for candidates in driving distance. Microsoft / Cisco / VMware shop. Storage, Office365, Azure, Teams experience all desired. Good benefits, very casual environment - think academia, but slightly more for-profit.

PM for details.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Job Posting

Job could be in Chicago, Ann Arbor, Boston, Charlotte NC, Portland OR, Murrieta GA or possibly open to remote opportunities as well.

Need a Principal Enterprise Architect for App-Dev.
  • In-depth understanding of Kubernetes and Istio (you should be able this to teach a moron like me)
  • Ability to build a DevOps pipeline from scratch (may be required)
  • Experience with Cloud (Google Cloud Platform)
  • Apigee would be a HUGE plus
  • Able to speak to SRE concepts
  • .Net Core
  • Terraform would be nice

Definitely need someone with experience here. We are mid-flight without a pilot, basically.

Edit: I'll put my email in my profile. Best to reach me there.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Job Posting
Amazon Robotics is hiring for several IT roles. We support robotics manufacturing, ERP for a multi billion dollar supply chain, CAD, PLM, and numerous other COTS systems. We support the network stacks from both the corp and FC side of Amazon and have responsibility for AR corporate buildings globally. Some of these are my openings and some are peers.

Boston (North Reading or Westborough):
-Support engineers (network or application)
-Desktop support technicians down to 1-2 years of experience.

Remote (US): senior Systems Dev Engineer roles with deep experience in one of these spaces:
-Federated identity, IAM.
-Infra automation.
-Running monolithic COTS apps in public cloud - DR/HA.
-ERP from a major vendor.

Highlights:
-Top of market comp.
-IC career path up to Principal.
-Really interesting problem space (IMO) and chance to move the needle.
-Relocation available.
-Lots of career dev budget.

Lowlights:
-Team was understaffed until recently and there is tech debt.
-Yes, there is oncall. That said, it is extremely light. Generally <1/week.

Amazon in general has been the best work/life balance I've ever had coming from smaller IT Depts. People don't generally believe me when I say that, but there are support structures here like our incident response team that let you shut off. I was deeply cynical coming in and I'm about to hit 5 years. I've been promoted, my comp is fair, I've had the chance to make a bunch of 8 figure impacts, and most importantly there are a bunch of L4-L5 engineers running around making great money that I hired from the FC floor, and 3 engineers that I've corrupted into technical management.

PM me if interested with a few words on your experience and I can direct you to a job posting that's a good fit, set up for an informal discussion, or answer any questions.

edit with some actual posts:
https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1928964/sr-devops-engineer-robotics-digital-solutions-and-technologies
https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1928963/systems-engineer-robotics-digital-solutions-and-technologies
https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1928965/it-support-engineer-iii-rdst

KS fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 10, 2022

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Hi all, I have a position opening for a Systems Engineer II on my operations squad available at Columbia Sportswear. If you have any questions for me about the position, or know someone who may be interested, please reach out.

https://bit.ly/3rHrEFX

Our corporate HQ is in Portland OR, this position is available for hybrid in office(Portland), local remote (Portland) or full-time remote work in all US states except for: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia.

Pay range is $82k - $98k DOE

Relocation assistance is not available.

DigitalMocking fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 13, 2022

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

DigitalMocking posted:

or full-time remote work in all US states except for: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia.
That's an interesting list. Why those states?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

KS posted:

Job Posting
Amazon Robotics is hiring for several IT roles. We support robotics manufacturing, ERP for a multi billion dollar supply chain, CAD, PLM, and numerous other COTS systems. We support the network stacks from both the corp and FC side of Amazon and have responsibility for AR corporate buildings globally. Some of these are my openings and some are peers.

Boston (North Reading or Westborough):
-Support engineers (network or application)
-Desktop support technicians down to 1-2 years of experience.

Remote (US): senior Systems Dev Engineer roles with deep experience in one of these spaces:
-Federated identity, IAM.
-Infra automation.
-Running monolithic COTS apps in public cloud - DR/HA.
-ERP from a major vendor.

Highlights:
-Top of market comp.
-IC career path up to Principal.
-Really interesting problem space (IMO) and chance to move the needle.
-Relocation available.
-Lots of career dev budget.

Lowlights:
-Team was understaffed until recently and there is tech debt.
-Yes, there is oncall. That said, it is extremely light. Generally <1/week.

Amazon in general has been the best work/life balance I've ever had coming from smaller IT Depts. People don't generally believe me when I say that, but there are support structures here like our incident response team that let you shut off. I was deeply cynical coming in and I'm about to hit 5 years. I've been promoted, my comp is fair, I've had the chance to make a bunch of 8 figure impacts, and most importantly there are a bunch of L4-L5 engineers running around making great money that I hired from the FC floor, and 3 engineers that I've corrupted into technical management.

PM me if interested with a few words on your experience and I can direct you to a job posting that's a good fit, set up for an informal discussion, or answer any questions.

edit with some actual posts:
https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1928964/sr-devops-engineer-robotics-digital-solutions-and-technologies
https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1928963/systems-engineer-robotics-digital-solutions-and-technologies
https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1928965/it-support-engineer-iii-rdst

applied to support engineer 3.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

DigitalMocking posted:

Hi all, I have a position opening for a Systems Engineer II on my operations squad available at Columbia Sportswear. If you have any questions for me about the position, or know someone who may be interested, please reach out.

https://bit.ly/3rHrEFX

Our corporate HQ is in Portland OR, this position is available for hybrid in office(Portland), local remote (Portland) or full-time remote work in all US states except for: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia.

Pay range is $82k - $98k DOE

Relocation assistance is not available.

Applied!

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

ilkhan posted:

That's an interesting list. Why those states?

No idea man, just states we have no employment contracts in? I'm not sure. First time I've ever heard of anything like it, but HR is HR is HR.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

i have too many applicants now thank you

will repost if something doesn't work out

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 10, 2022

Kaludan
Jul 2, 2009
Who we are: Major Global Bank, featured in the Shadowrun tabletop as one of the hot AA corps of 2078

Where are we looking: Tampa, Florida

Position: Data Protection, DLP DAR Operations team engineer. You'll be helping manage the tool that scours Citi storage for inappropriately stored sensitive data and chase the end-users that don't respond to the automated messages or don't know how to computer. Fantastic jump into Citigroup for a professional with a security background and some office tools/scripting exp. Experience building ServiceNow automation would be a fun helpful bonus, but not expected. Would love a former MSP IT Admin or someone who knows a little bit of everything (which is where I was when I joined). Sec+ or god forbid give me someone with a proper CISSP would be fantastic too.

DM me here or Discord @ Kaludan#3601

Woot! Filled it from the forum!

Kaludan fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 1, 2022

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I don't want to talk poo poo about your employer, but my SO worked for Citi as a data analyst for almost a year and it was hell. Ridiculous amounts of crunch, nothing was automated, tech debt that would make the federal government blush. And God forbid if your hand-made and ever-changing PowerPoint had the wrong font or color somewhere, you'd get to have an exec scream degrading things at you. I remember one time, she sent an email to someone asking if he would like to give feedback on a report before she submitted it and he CC'd her boss' boss' boss chewing her out for daring to send him an email because she was a little pissant analyst and he was bigshot McTooImportant. Absolutely toxic place, IMO, and the culture of that ran deep. Also, her exec would spend conference calls talking about his expensive apartment in NYC and how many housekeepers he has and did you know that the art behind him is worth 6 figures?

Now, that being said, Citi is a big place and if Kaludan says their department is nothing like that, I'd believe them, but I wanted to share that because she would literally break down in tears on the regular and the stress gave her stomach ulcers and my personal opinion is "gently caress that place forever."

Kaludan
Jul 2, 2009
The current team this person will be joining and I might soon have the pleasure of managing has a hard time managing a solid 4-5 hr workday as best I can tell. This isn't AML, which is one of the bigger grinders for turnover.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kaludan posted:

Who we are: Major Global Bank, featured in the Shadowrun tabletop as one of the hot AA corps of 2078

Where are we looking: Tampa, Florida

Position: Data Protection, DLP DAR Operations team engineer. You'll be helping manage the tool that scours Citi storage for inappropriately stored sensitive data and chase the end-users that don't respond to the automated messages or don't know how to computer. Fantastic jump into Citigroup for a professional with a security background and some office tools/scripting exp. Experience building ServiceNow automation would be a fun helpful bonus, but not expected. Would love a former MSP IT Admin or someone who knows a little bit of everything (which is where I was when I joined). Sec+ or god forbid give me someone with a proper CISSP would be fantastic too.

DM me here or Discord @ Kaludan#3601

Dang, that sounds dope except I'm in Dallas.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Who we are: Alpha Stone Capital, a Singapore based Capital Management Fund that trades Crypto.
Where we are: Remote and/or Singapore.

---
Job title: Devops Engineer
What we want: We have an AWS environment involved with Linux containers in Kubernetes and also run Grafana plot stuff, we need someone to help us out with a variety of automation tasks and assist with charting visuals. This is somewhat quasi-sysadmin with some coding experience being a major help. Most code is in Python today, but if you're good with Javascript or Rust would also be a major plus as well as making queries in Grafana obviously (or another platform that you find suitable). You are not going to be responsible for money (so no legal scares here), but you'd be working on systems that will be managing money for clients, basically. This means, we might be making queries using API's and websockets, or we might be manipulating accounts via a FIX API. It's also crypto, so if you know solidity then this can be a major bump and then the salary changes drastically as well. Keep in mind it's in some sort of quasi startup status right now, so things rapidly change at will. Meaning: "this software is not good, I'd like to use this instead and here's why" is totally cool with me.

Our group is naturally small, there's 2 Junior Quants who work on Python trading algorithms all day, me, a lead engineering manager (who you'd be working directly for, dude's under me and also chill), a retired FX trader who handles billions regularly, an influencer who is very hands off in the process but supportive, and another Quant on contract in Bulgaria.

So this means, hours are very all over the place, but they aren't usually 8hours/day either. This is going to be a 2nd shift from a US perspective or 1st shift for asia, mostly.

Why you'd want to work here: We're fun as hell, it's exciting to do this stuff and you'll always be learning. Like, more than just IT stuff. You will have plenty of things to play with, and there's not going to be a rigid "YOU MUST DO THIS" scope. Want to learn some solidity but don't know it? K, let's go, we have some folks. Want to see how the trading stuff goes and help with algorithms? Okay sure. Want to look over people's code and point out where they hosed up? Okay, sure! Need to take time off for whatever? done. I pretty much run the show and give people plenty of room to do what they want. In fact, this is great for someone fiercely independent who is cool with checking in when they need guidance but kinda doing their own thing.

Why you wouldn't want to work here: Sometimes, poo poo is all over the place. Every meeting starts focused and then it will always drift into other topics because we're very heavy into research. There's some corporate bs that I personally get stuck with constantly due to regulations in general.

Salary: Salary itself is likely to be competitive but not crazy aggressive, but you'll be on the team with us that gets $$ kickbacks from trading which will change basically everything once we get going in the next month or two. I mean expectations are a fairly experienced devops person who is going to be asking for 6 figures by definition.

Contact me via PM or via https://t.me/ergonap

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 24, 2022

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm probably sounding like a broken record here, but the hiring strategy has been changing

Couple positions opened up. Full time remote, but we do have physical offices in these cities if you like that kind of thing:

SF
Portland
Durham
NYC

Some positions are also available for:

Mexico City (MC), these are technically remote but you'd need to live convincingly close to cdmx to qualify

These I have better view over/best chance of getting you in, you'd be working directly with me

Director of IT security/IT
Sr. Devops Eng (us) terraform, k8s, RDS, Aurora
Devops II Eng (Mexico City) same
Sr. Data Eng (MC) definitely owning snowflake processes

More stuff:

SWE II front end engineer (mc) - this position has an incredibly cool manager
SWE II back end engineer (mc) - django/python

Other stuff I can throw your hat in the ring but have absolutely zero knowledge about:

Data Scientist (mc)
Analytics Eng (mc) probably building stuff with snowflake

Some of you have reached out in the past I'll go through my messages again. Send me a PM if you'd like to be considered thanks

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Who we are: Alpha Stone Capital, a Singapore based Crypto Fund.
Where we are: Remote and/or Singapore.

lmao

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Oh I forgot, we pay at/above market rate, and are not related to crypto in any way

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hadlock posted:

Oh I forgot, we pay at/above market rate, and are not related to crypto in any way

When you say “market rate”, do you mean 50th percentile salary?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Like 85-100% of what you see on levels.fyi for the bay area, depending on experience and your ability to take advice from the negotiation thread

50% of bay area wages for mexico city but your English is going to need to be very good

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I'm actually not very pro crypto, it just happens to be where I am making money. I'm far more a technology enthusiast. That's a rant for another thread, so I digress and apologize to the thread while acknowledging my fuckup.

I'm still looking someone who wants to help with some regular work - the job need is truly not even crypto focused, that's more incidental. It's a pragmatic linux/aws sysadmin/automation expert that could involve py/tsc/js at times, the position is still open if someone has interest.

vvv: pretty much this. I'd rather hire a goon who does technology over a random I find elsewhere.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 29, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Please don't make this thread about the morality or utility of crypto and please don't recommend people invest in crypto. I don't want to try to enforce any sort of ban on people speaking up if a job posting is for a morally iffy company, but I also don't want to see this thread turn into D&D for employer chat. I feel like we're all mature enough to handle "yeah, but your company sucks" with "yup, unfortunately it's what I need to do to pay the bills and I just wanted to share incase anyone else has bills to pay."

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Edit: posting had expired, hope a goon applied!!!

My team has an opening for an entry-level Windows systems administrator who will be focused on supporting our SCCM MECM environment of ~6000 Windows endpoints. You can read all the details here: <link removed>

Pros: We are a pretty chill team with a great boss who truly believes in work-life balance (in fact he's on vacation right now). Outside of 3 planned maintenance weekends a year (which you may or may not even have any tasks to do during) there is no on-call or expectation that you will even glance at your email outside of business hours. You will not be silo'd in this role. Retirement benefits are extremely good (2-for-1 match of up to 5% of your salary), as is healthcare, vacation and sick time, etc etc. Managers/directors/C-levels here truly give a poo poo about you and your career. This is the university life, and we have it better than most.

Cons: It is the university life, so you're not going to be making as much money as the private sector. We are also not 100% remote. I am currently in the office one day per month, though this role may require more onsite work than mine does. There is a lot of institutional knowledge that is not well documented and processes are not always consistent between teams. Sometimes professors are assholes.

Candidates with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager and scripting experience are encouraged to apply! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

P.S. There no longer appears to be a spreadsheet in the OP so maybe we can update the thread title?

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 12, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sirotan posted:

P.S. There no longer appears to be a spreadsheet in the OP so maybe we can update the thread title?

Good call, thank you. The spreadsheet was removed because people were defacing it.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

My place of business is hiring a few roles:

1. Varying levels of Software Engineer (mostly Mid to Principal)
2) Varying levels of "DevOps" Engineers (2 mid level, 1 principal level)

We're AWS, Java (legacy, on way out), and nodefor the most part. Evolving microservice architecture with typical painpoints of a successful and growing organization.
Cant speak to the SWE roles directly, but the "DevOps" stuff is largely undergoing a big staffing and structural revamp to reflect what actually needs to happen. It's all positive shifts but there's definitely some things in transition.

Good stuff:
- Work/Life Balance is for REAL. I'm serious on this. The company pushes and lives it through and through.
- 100% remote organization from day 1; this isn't some place that half-assed the remote conversion due to COVID. You will not be asked to be in an office.
- Global company, but without extreme expectations to have weird as gently caress hours.
- Pay is on the higher end of market, and benefits also are very good.

Bad stuff:
- Lots of growth means some of our system and design (and more importantly: process) overshot the amount of strategic planning to go with it.
its really not bad; I've seen _so much worse_ - and the right folks have the right mindset around correction here so I have a positive outlook on this
- The one exception to the global timezone flexibility thing is PST is kinda the worst timezone based on our primary tech team; if youre PST prepare for an early shifted day (the only person I know in CA starts his day at 6am)

I'm sure I'll find more bad stuff; but overall - I was referred here on the merits above, and so far its matching up with them in every way.

PM is probably best contact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
We're hiring for a DevOps position on my team, junior - mid-level. It's currently a team of 5 engineers + me as the Head of the team. This is a cybersecurity company.

- 100% remote, unlimited PTO, free medical for the employee (but not family), pre-IPO company (but well out of the startup phase)

- All of our infrastructure is in AWS, GCP, and Azure, with the bulk of it in AWS.

- We are heavy in IaC using terraform. There's some stuff not terraformed but we are actively trying to move any of that old stuff into code.

- AKS/EKS/GKE used pretty extensively, and all of our clusters are managed via gitlab pipelines so any changes to infrastructure have approvals attached to them. Our team does peer reviewing for most changes.

- Ansible and saltstack for non-kubernetes infrastructure jobs

- Hashicorp Vault for all of our ssh signing, certificates, k/v storage and role assumption

- Python where applicable within our team but other teams are using a wider array of languages.

- Network is fairly complex for a cloud-centric company since we are paranoid and perform inspection on almost all traffic east-west and egress.

I'm missing stuff, but we are a pretty cutting edge shop, my team is always working on interesting tech.

We're looking for someone who has some experience with these technologies (not necessarily everything), but still early in their career as my team is fairly top heavy with senior engineers and I would like to be able to have a few of them be more responsible with architecture and design rather than day to day operations.

Salary is DOE, but over 100k plus what we cant agree on with salary can be made up with in equity. I've already hired a goon in the past and they haven't quit so I assume the job is somewhat good and cool. PM me if interested.

Sepist fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 30, 2022