Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Do you want to be my boss?

My company is looking to hire a new manager for an internal infrastructure team supporting some very large Kubernetes and Prometheus/Thanos infrastructure for a rapidly growing cybersecurity company. This company has grown 3-5x in the past 3 years depending on how you choose to measure with no signs of slowing down.

The team is currently 8 people large spread over 4 time zones, but will soon be 11 people.
We have a presence in both AWS, and bare metal datacenters which are projected to explode in use over the next 2 years.
100% remote, unlimited PTO, decent work-life balance. Available to anybody in the US.

Our team supports 20 other internal development groups, and over 500 other engineers of different flavour.

PM me for more info

Methanar fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Earl of ToeJam
Jan 22, 2012

PM sent!

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

I (BlackRock) are looking for a DevOps - 3 folks in Wilmington - we don't even have the listing up yet but here we go....

Deal breakers out of the way first:

"Hybrid" - you do need to be local and while company policy is 3 days in the office a week - doing 1 day in the office a month will keep you out of any trouble. I don't enforce it at all any more than I get pushed to and hardly ever go in. We are the team that gets told the policy, shrugs and does our own thing.

Pay - ~100k base 5-20% bonuses if you are fresh out of college. Add +20k if you have experience. Hard cap is 150 base if you are the IT god for this position.

Role Responsibility
1. Change Management - You will prepare for and implement changes during the weekend change window during US hours. This is the core role that we are trying to fill.
2. Problem Determination/Resolution: Supporting and troubleshooting both batch processing and interactive user applications to ensure the high availability of the Aladdin Environment
3. Flexibility: Is able to handle multiple issues from multiple users and prioritize in terms of criticality, which to focus and resolve first. Also, being able to escalate to during critical outage scenarios, whether planned (Disaster Recovery Tests) or unplanned.
4. Communications: Engage in clear and concise communications both verbally and in writing. Effectively interacts on command bridges and calls to ensure all global team members are constantly informed.
5. Shift Work: Is willing to work a 10am – 6pm schedule during DST and 11am-7pm during the summer. Weekend work may be required on a long term rotational basis.

Experience
- A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering. Exposure to (or strong interest in)
- Solid understanding of Linux administration fundamentals; must be familiar with typical administrative commands.
- Prior system administration experience highly desirable.

- Programming experience in at least one of the following: Java, Python or Perl or shell scripting experience.
- Candidates must have a strong interest and aptitude for quickly learning new technologies and proprietary systems.

Pluses
- Strong technical writing skills or previous documentation experience and familiarity with Confluence.
- Prior experience with any of these technologies: Ansible, Apache Cassandra, Hadoop, AutoSys, Apache Spark, Apache Mesos, Microsoft Azure.

PM me any questions.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I have an interesting role I'm trying to fill, but recruitment for the right person has been tough.

Are you the type of Sys Admin that automates yourself out of a job? I'm looking for that!

We're a major VFX company, and the office is in Montreal. Maybe we can swing remote, but being Canadian at least will make this simpler.

This place has messy as hell infrastructure, with lots of fragile systems that break if you look at them wrong. No one can get anything done in a timely manner, because of how painful/tricky/dangerous all the systems are. I'm looking for someone that'll come into such an environment and start unpicking the mess, one thing at a time.

I have a team of system engineers, juniors/mids/seniors, but I'm looking for a DevOps/SysOps/Automation Engineer type person to join the team and focus on building the tools that team needs, to reduce all the toil they're currently doing. Then they can be freed up to work on more interesting poo poo than just answering tickets and rebooting workstations. I want users to be able to just fill out a form in Jira to get their stuck machine rebooted automatically, instead of submitting a ticket and waiting for a human to read it and reboot the machine. I want tools that allow inexperienced juniors to manipulate critical systems in a safe way, etc.

I even have some great potential junior candidates to attach to you, so you can coach/mentor them, as I want to build a team around this, not just have a Key Person that is the Single Understander Of The Important Script. Environment is almost entirely Linux.

Offering CAD$150K, and Montreal is a cool city to live in fyi.

email me at my username at hotmail.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a role in software engineering/frontend development!

I have around 3 years of professional experience as a software engineer where I focused almost exclusively on frontend development. I have worked primarily in the fintech field, but I am looking to break away from that.

My skillset revolves around JavaScript, React, Redux and other technologies. I'm comfortable learning on the job and have done so with large frameworks (React-Native) and languages (TypeScript) in a professional environment.

I would like to work for a larger, established company, but it is not a requirement.

Remote is preferable, but a hybrid position within a reasonable distance could work as well. I am located in Northern New Jersey, approximately 30 minutes commute from NYC.

Full benefits are necessary, as is a competitive salary.

I have a personal website which has a copy of my resume attached, as well as a list of my accomplishments and links to projects. You can feel free to reach me via the Contact Me button on my site, by DMing me here, or by reaching out to my email address located on my resume.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Job Opening
Title - Cloud Systems Administrator
Location - St. Louis, MO (100% on-site)
Salary - 100-120k

Description:
You will be maintaining business applications for a government customer. You should be familiar with AWS architecture, networking, and hosting. You need a solid understanding of networking, common scripting languages and Linux. On-call is once every other month. Some very occasional late maintenance periods (hours are flexible). Overtime is available (if you work over 40hrs you will be compensated). There is a 5k per year allowance for tuition or certifications.

Requirements
- DOD 8570 Certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly (or able to obtain)
- Have some sysadmin experience already OR have a degree in a relevant field

Want to apply?
PM me!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Woof Blitzer posted:

Cloud Systems Administrator
St. Louis, MO (100% on-site)
TS/SCI with CI Poly (or able to obtain)
On-call
100-120k

I wish you the upmost luck filling this.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

KillHour posted:

I wish you the upmost luck filling this.

Why

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Even though MO is a low CoL area, relatively speaking, you're underpaying for your requirements

I say this as someone who works for a company also in MO that has been struggling to fill positions

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Fool posted:

Even though MO is a low CoL area, relatively speaking, you're underpaying for your requirements

I say this as someone who works for a company also in MO that has been struggling to fill positions

Yeah, I don't want to dump on this, but this job is easily >175k, I interviewed for several full remote positions just last month for basically this job (not even requiring the clearance) that paid 175k+bonus+stock options.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

The Fool posted:

You also have to convince someone to move to Missouri to do something they can do without a clearance remotely, for more money.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

senior "cloud administrator" was $150k five years ago

anybody that can put together a hello world in terraform these days is making $120 as an absolute junior

most senior devops/cloud administrator won't get out of bed for less than 200 these days

this guy makes sure your company can make revenue day to day

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, the right question for that sort of job, speaking as someone who has set salary bands at previous companies, is “how much does it cost us if they’re bad at their job?”

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah my company loses about 3x my annual salary for every day that our website is down. Sometimes 5-8x on a busy marketing promotion day. It is not down very often. We both come out way ahead

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

+1 to everyone else saying you need to double this to get high performers. Increase by 50% and you’ll probably get decent candidates since it’s a LCOL area.

But the in person and clearance requirements are also going to really hamper you here.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Woof Blitzer posted:

Job Opening
Salary - 100-120k

Description:
You will be maintaining business applications for a government customer. You should be familiar with AWS architecture, networking, and hosting. You need a solid understanding of networking, common scripting languages and Linux. On-call is once every other month. Some very occasional late maintenance periods (hours are flexible). Overtime is available (if you work over 40hrs you will be compensated). There is a 5k per year allowance for tuition or certifications.

Requirements

Want to apply?
PM me!

If you're being honest about the "able to obtain" bit, the best case scenario is you get someone who doesn't have a clearance, works for you while the paperwork is processing, and then bounces to somewhere else for 2x-3x what you're paying because now they have skills AND a clearance.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's early yet as the job description hasn't even come together, but my team (internal IT service desk) will soon be looking for a new manager. I'm stepping down from the role because it's been 2.5 years of slowly driving me crazy, but if you love responsibility and being the "face" of IT -- and have some interest in really shaping the future of the service desk -- then this might be your role.

Team is small at just the 4 of us. I am likely to stick around as your team lead, so you will probably have a fairly easy time with this crew. Two of us are goons.

The CIO you'd report to is legitimately a great guy.

It'll be fully remote and pay >$80k...please PM if you'd like to know more.

Regardless, I'll share the posting here for anybody who might be interested once it goes live.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm getting laid off and I've got a couple months left before I fully get shoved out the door, so trying again.

My experience: 7 years VoIP telecom escalation support/project management, 3 years general IT helpdesk.
What I'm looking for: Junior Sysadmin, NOC, TechOps, something like that. My current career path has been sending me more and more into project and client facing stuff and I'd like to get back into the technical side of things. VoIP/Telecom would be a plus as I'm already entrenched in the space but I'm not picky.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level helpdesk
Where I live: Bristol, UK. I am a US citizen and have a family visa to be in the country. I don't need to be sponsored, and am allowed to work here.
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in an hour or so radius, though I'd prefer to work from home.
When I can start: 1 month notice period, other than that right away.
Requirements: Work from home would be nice, otherwise a decent pay range.
Can be reached via: PMs or email at benderchan -at- gmail -dot- com.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

my cat is norris posted:

It's early yet as the job description hasn't even come together, but my team (internal IT service desk) will soon be looking for a new manager. I'm stepping down from the role because it's been 2.5 years of slowly driving me crazy, but if you love responsibility and being the "face" of IT -- and have some interest in really shaping the future of the service desk -- then this might be your role.

Team is small at just the 4 of us. I am likely to stick around as your team lead, so you will probably have a fairly easy time with this crew. Two of us are goons.

The CIO you'd report to is legitimately a great guy.

It'll be fully remote and pay >$80k...please PM if you'd like to know more.

Regardless, I'll share the posting here for anybody who might be interested once it goes live.
I swear you just keep reading me with these, but I might throw my hat in the ring again.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Woof Blitzer posted:

Job Opening
Salary - 100-120k

Description:

Requirements

Want to apply?
PM me!

As purely a discussion point since you have no control what your company is offering:

I would be a good candidate for that posting, and given the current market, it would take a lot more than $120k for me to relocate to MO. Skilled IT workers are in just such high demand right now.

Woof, if you yourself posses the skills and clearance that job is requiring, you should test the market when the time is right. Lots of money to be made right now.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hadlock posted:

senior "cloud administrator" was $150k five years ago

anybody that can put together a hello world in terraform these days is making $120 as an absolute junior

most senior devops/cloud administrator won't get out of bed for less than 200 these days

this guy makes sure your company can make revenue day to day

I can't land anything remote making even 100k, is it because my only Terraform experience is outside of work? Because before my more recent job my primary experience was in Oracle's cloud rather than something anyone uses?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Hughmoris posted:

As purely a discussion point since you have no control what your company is offering:

I would be a good candidate for that posting, and given the current market, it would take a lot more than $120k for me to relocate to MO. Skilled IT workers are in just such high demand right now.

Woof, if you yourself posses the skills and clearance that job is requiring, you should test the market when the time is right. Lots of money to be made right now.

I don't want to spam the thread since you're supposed to just post openings/resumes here, but I'll make this one post. To those pointing out the pay range, obviously I have no control over the position in terms of salary because I'm not a manager. This position is junior to mid level, and it's the one I'm in now. I had both my clearance, Sec+ and polygraph paid for by the government, and I already live at the location. In my experience these types of jobs are usually filled by people from a nearby military unit (my previous job was there), but everyone I talked to already has a job at our facility since the labor market is so good right now. I know I am being a little underpaid, and I didn't expect much of a response in terms of people applying since almost everyone here is mid to senior level and remote only. I just post openings here on the off chance I can get that sweet sweet referral bonus.

Wizard of the Deep posted:

If you're being honest about the "able to obtain" bit, the best case scenario is you get someone who doesn't have a clearance, works for you while the paperwork is processing, and then bounces to somewhere else for 2x-3x what you're paying because now they have skills AND a clearance.

This is exactly what I did to get this job, so it's kind of funny you bring this point up. I did a year as a GS-11 Sysadmin (they are having trouble filling the position 3 months after I departed, shocker).

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
*Edited: No need for extra noise. Get that referral bonus!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I can't land anything remote making even 100k, is it because my only Terraform experience is outside of work? Because before my more recent job my primary experience was in Oracle's cloud rather than something anyone uses?

To reiterate, you're asking if no professional terraform experience + no AWS/Azure/GCP experience is having an impact on your market value in devops salary negotiation?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hadlock posted:

To reiterate, you're asking if no professional terraform experience + no AWS/Azure/GCP experience is having an impact on your market value in devops salary negotiation?

Gonna add how countless people have done the cloud resume thing to show off at interviews (or showed off some other cloud project outside of professional work experience)

Caveat is how it does take a little luck in terms of right place/time to get in front of a hiring manager or referral etc who is willing to bring on someone who has a lot of drive and self study aptitude

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Eargesplitten said their Terraform experience was out of work - as in (as I read it) they labbed some stuff out. If my read is correct, not necessarily, no. Certainly not for a junior role, maybe not for a mid level role, depending on the complexity and quality of your in-lab Terraform work.

22E, Post your resume and what jobs you've applied for. Edit: But, uh, maybe not in this thread? IDK.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Contribute to some open source Terraform modules. They're generally looking for contributors, and it'll look nice on your resume.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Well, I'll throw my line out again. My place is hemorrhaging staff due to garbage pay, so now we're overworked and understaffed, and people are still leaving in droves. HR has their heads up their asses and refuse to raise our pay.

My experience: 5 years Health Data Integrations (HL7 v2 primarily, Epic EMR, eGate interface engine, Cloverleaf, TCL, Monk, *SH languages, etc)
What I'm looking for: A mid-senior level position, preferring to handle more complex coding and backend items than day-to-day HL7 setups.
What I'm NOT looking for: A job where I have no growth potential.
Where I live: Central North Carolina
Where I'm looking: Remote
When I can start: 2 - 3 week notice.
Requirements: Standards. Health Insurance, flexibility in work schedule to handle kid stuff.
Can be reached via: PM, jmruss10@gmail.com

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Want part of my old job? I'm :yotj: and leaving a Director position, where I had had a pretty flat org chart on the infra side and a very competent manager on the software dev side, who will be taking over as Director. The company will be hiring an IT Manager - Infrastructure to fill the void.

Pay: Should be pretty good, actually!
Remote?: Sadly, no. Dev staff is remote, but infra/ops team is on-site and so shall you be. Thankfully Ann Arbor's a cool town and the atmosphere is super relaxed/casual.

Responsibilities:
  • Leads and coordinates Security, System Administration, and Help Desk teams and other computer-related workers.
  • Hire and develop talent, conducts performance evaluations.
  • Develop structure and define processes within IT team.
  • Collaborates with users, vendors, laboratory employees, and managers to understand and assess computing and system needs and requirements.
  • Collaborate with leadership to define project timelines and establish priorities.
  • Communicates the goals, policies, and procedures of the company to the IT team; develops plans to implement these needs.
  • Evaluates current technology needs and recommends software and hardware improvements.
  • Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot network, servers, phone systems, and software resources to identify and solve complex issues and implement preventative measures.
  • Implement and oversee DR and GRC programs.
  • Prepares and delivers operational or project progress reports.
  • Implements and oversees operational budget and expenditures.
  • Manage team efficiency through cases and tasks through a ticketing system.
  • Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating systems and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
  • Communicates with all users to understand their needs, provide updates on their requests, and successfully set their expectations.

Desired Education and Skills:
  • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
  • 5-10 years of relevant experience in IT, including compute, storage, networking, identity and authentication.
  • Experience leading teams of 5 or more employees with diverse skillsets and responsibilities.
  • Experience controlling large IT budgets.
  • Extensive experience with Microsoft products, including Dynamics 365 SaaS ERP/CRM applications, Windows Server, SharePoint, Exchange, Office365, SCCM, Intune, Azure / AzureAD.
  • Strong knowledge of on-premise and cloud-based applications, services, and platforms.
  • Experience working in GxP environments, or similar regulatory frameworks.
  • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
  • Exceptional ability to explain complex concepts to senior management.

PM me for details, though I am no longer the/a hiring manager.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Anyone ITT got leads on entry level helpdesk in Seattle, WA (or remote)

I've got my A+, the Google support certificate off of Coursera, and a goon's skill with computers but better than a goons' social skills. Please let me know here or in PMs. :)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hi all, my company is currently hiring for a Junior System Engineer. I was hired by a goon in this very thread so I'm going to copy/update their original posting:

quote:

Who we are: A vendor that produces a multi-channel content generation tool for publishing companies, like newspapers, research banks, and book publishers. Sort of like a huge platform that combines functions like Office, Wordpress, Sharepoint, etc.

Available Jobs: Linux system admin and developers. I'm a sysadmin, and I pretty much spend all day assisting our customers setup our environments, writing bash scripts to help perform specific tasks for the systems and working with customers staff to setup and design their environments.

Where we are: NYC, Wall Street

Job Locations: NYC

What we're looking for: We need linux administrators. Someone I can set in front of a terminal, can manage to tab-complete (seriously, if you don't tab complete don't put "Linux" on a resume), can decipher bash scripting, and in general has a decent knowledge of clustering technologies, SAN storage, and basic networking. While our company develops software, your primary job will be assisting the technology staff of other companies to support our software. It's not like help desk support, you won't deal with end users, but you will be a consultant for their tier 3 in house staff. Our customers have their own huge IT departments, and we are just the experts they bring in to assist when they can't figure it out. It's nice because at the end of the day, they have to do everything and we just get to guide them.

Why it's a great place to work: The culture is very European, and not NYC IT, so you aren't worked like a dog and then not appreciated. It's a small office in NYC, we have a lot of employees, but mainly we get assigned to a customer and they provide an office space for all of us there. The company has a good pipeline of work for the next few years, and they really encourage having a life in addition to working. They think that if you are killing yourself working it's a mistake. I really like it, it's not like a super hip start up, they've been around since the 90's and are very mature. I am like my manager, he treats us like humans, has our back, and really takes care of us.

Differences from the OP: You'll be also be dealing with some AWS and possibly Ansible, with an opportunity to cut your teeth on some Terraform.

This is an entry level position. It's also a remote position though people from the NY/NJ/CT area get priority. However, remote in EST would also be fine, possible from other timezones in the mainland US but we'd have to talk about that.

I got this job 3 years ago as a windows sysadmin with decent linux chops and it has been a ton of fun, I also haven't had to fix a printer or work any kind of Helpdesk in 3 years and I'll never go back. I'm the Team Lead now and will carry on the tradition of treating my team members with respect and we have fun. Biggest assets you can have for the job is excellent problem solving skills (its ok if you don't know everything!) and a good grasp of basic to intermediate Linux concepts. This is a customer facing role but you won't be 24/7 Helpdesk, we have a hotline for that.

Mentoring is one of my priorities as a team lead, you will not be expected to jump in the deep end right away, and we are a team so we deal with problems as a team. If you're looking to build your Cloud/Linux/IaC/Ansible skills, this could be perfect for you (it was for me).

PM me or post an email address I can reach you at and I'll send you the posting.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
My Experience:
  • Senior level Windows systems administrator, been in IT 12 years. SQL, IIS, installing and supporting propriety applications. I can build servers on Hyper-V and VMWare. I can manage AD, DNS, DHCP. I've built physical servers and managed them in a datacenter. I've done so much it'd be a lot to post here, but in general I've been supporting Windows Servers and environments starting around Server 2003.
  • I manage my current employer's Azure subscription. I build servers, manage networking, CDNs, help developers with web apps and troubleshoot issues. I've been in Azure every day for the past 5 years and I've migrated 50 on-premise VMs into the cloud in the past 2 years.
  • I can read code but I'm not a programmer. I'm pretty good with PowerShell, T-SQL, and scripting in general. Haven't done anything with automation aside from a little Azure DevOps.
What I'm Looking For:
  • Focus & Specialty. I'm doing 5 jobs in 1 right now and I'm just looking to focus on being a systems engineer/administrator. I don't want to be a master of none anymore.
  • I want to do more Linux administration. Professionally I'd be considered an entry/junior level Linux guy (I've run Linux at home for the past 10 years but don't get to work on it in a professional/corporate environment).
  • Windows and Azure are my bread and butter, but honestly I'm open to just about anything as long as I have focus. Every job I've taken in my career, the technical requirements and industries have been very different so I have no problem adapting to your company's technology and processes.
What I'm NOT Looking For:
  • No Helpdesk, No Tier 1 Support
  • No micro-management. I'm currently micro-managed so a manager who understands boundaries would be a huge plus.
  • No Desktop Support or phone support (MDM). I'm not really interested in Intune, Office365, and that field of support.
  • No interest in SCCM or server patching. I spend way too many nights dealing with this now.
Where I Live:
  • Northwest New Jersey
Where I'm Looking:
  • 100% Remote Only, USA
When I can Start:
3 weeks after offer accepted

Requirements:
  • Minimum $140K + benefits (good PTO is a must)
  • An environment with a modern-thinking IT culture.
  • Great work/life balance. I understand the nature of IT requires the occasional evening and weekend work which I'm fine with.
Can Be Reached via:
PM

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Hi all, my company is currently hiring for a Junior System Engineer. I was hired by a goon in this very thread so I'm going to copy/update their original posting:

Differences from the OP: You'll be also be dealing with some AWS and possibly Ansible, with an opportunity to cut your teeth on some Terraform.

This is an entry level position. It's also a remote position though people from the NY/NJ/CT area get priority. However, remote in EST would also be fine, possible from other timezones in the mainland US but we'd have to talk about that.

I got this job 3 years ago as a windows sysadmin with decent linux chops and it has been a ton of fun, I also haven't had to fix a printer or work any kind of Helpdesk in 3 years and I'll never go back. I'm the Team Lead now and will carry on the tradition of treating my team members with respect and we have fun. Biggest assets you can have for the job is excellent problem solving skills (its ok if you don't know everything!) and a good grasp of basic to intermediate Linux concepts. This is a customer facing role but you won't be 24/7 Helpdesk, we have a hotline for that.

Mentoring is one of my priorities as a team lead, you will not be expected to jump in the deep end right away, and we are a team so we deal with problems as a team. If you're looking to build your Cloud/Linux/IaC/Ansible skills, this could be perfect for you (it was for me).

PM me or post an email address I can reach you at and I'll send you the posting.

PMing you as soon as I’m home and not phone-posting

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

navyjack posted:

PMing you as soon as I’m home and not phone-posting

I can vouch for navyjack. He's a good dude!

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I don't know navyjack at all, and I'm one of his references. Unfortunately, corporate policy restricts me from telling you anything other than "He's a good dude!"

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Internet Explorer posted:

I can vouch for navyjack. He's a good dude!

Happiness Commando posted:

I don't know navyjack at all, and I'm one of his references. Unfortunately, corporate policy restricts me from telling you anything other than "He's a good dude!"

I love you guys

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Thanks all, navy jack, I replied

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We have two devops contractor roles in Colombia I am pretty sure this is limited to Bogota, but possibly Medellin is on the table too

Pay is pretty good from what I can tell. You would be a "level 2 engineer" which is somewhere between level 1 and senior, where level 1 is above a junior

Need skills (don't lie, we can tell)

- Terraform
- Kubernetes
- Helm
- AWS

Some knowledge of RDS would be cool

PM me for details

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Ok. I'll bite, what is going on over in columbia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Bean counters and risk management people decided we should to a two tier thing where basically all the US/SF engineers are seniors, and contract everything else out

We have a bunch of eastern european contractors but until very recently (like 60 days ago) their contractor main/billing office was in moscow/belarus and I guess we're keeping our current contractors (they're awesome, have built the company from scratch for 7 years, not going anywhere, they all live in lithuania or uzbekistan now) but new contractors are coming in from mexico city and bogota because of time differences are a lot easier interacting with US staff

Given how long we've kept our eastern european contractors, the colombia positions would be long term, like year(s) assuming you're a good fit