Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
[Got someone]

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

wwb posted:

We are hiring a Systems Administrator in Washington, DC for a major industry trade association. You have seen our ads. This is frankly a wet dream of an operating environment -- we have a very, very well funded department with very, very minimal red tape. You get the chance to work on some interesting, cutting-edge projects [raise your hand if you have IPv6 in your office?]. The management team -- my boss and I -- are both jaded, dyed in the wool IT types who will keep the suits off your back and will never sell you down the river. Now, we do work very hard here, but you get to see the results first hand. Etc, etc.

Here be the job description:

Interested? Email me at wyatt dot barnett at gmail

Emailed as well.

Pantology
Jan 16, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Who: A VMware/Cisco/EMC Partner
Where: Chicago, IL
Title: Sr. VMware Engineer

My company is looking to add a VMware guy to the post-sales/delivery team. Standard job description follows. Contact me with any questions.

Summary:
  • Responsible for implementing, tuning and maintaining VMware based solutions.
  • Implement VMware vSphere for server consolidation and virtualization.
  • Perform installations, conduct on-site and remote operations, create documentation and provide knowledge transfer for projects.
  • Apply technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, utilities, etc.

Job Qualifications:
  • 5 -7 years of overall IT experience in medium to large environments
  • Ability to grasp problems quickly and apply their experience for problem resolution and provide recommendations.
  • 3+ years experience designing/implementing Virtualization technologies
  • Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) environments
  • Good understanding of SAN, NAS and Network technologies
  • Strong skills in integration of related technology with business and computer systems.
  • Experience working in a high-availability clustered environment.
  • Learn and maintain current and in-depth knowledge VMware technology.
  • Experience configuring VMware HA and DRS
  • Experience with Windows Operating systems from a system administrator perspective including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL.
Technical Skills Required:
  • VMware ESX/ESXi3.5 and 4.x
  • VMware VI3 and vSphere 4.x
  • Windows Server 2003, 2008
  • Daily Support of Back-ups, set up of VMware VMware HA, monitoring, etc
  • FibreChannel Switching
  • SAN Configure, Maintain, Monitor
Preferred Skills:
  • VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
  • vCloud Director
  • Lab Manager
  • SRM
  • View
  • NAS, SAN, Fibre, Snap tools
  • Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008
  • Active Directory

Gelob
Jun 9, 2006

Who: Limestone Networks Inc.
Where: Dallas, TX

Feel free to PM me or add GOON in your subject so we know where it came from.

quote:

Programmer (Full-time, long term)

We are looking for a skilled PHP5 programmer to maintain and develop components for a new commercial software product that does hosting management.

Must Haves:

* proficient in PHP5, Javascript, CSS, HTML, XHTML, and XML
* understands object-oriented style programming
* can work with MySQL databases and develop complex queries
* some basic Linux knowledge (using SSH, understanding permissions, can run scripts from the command line, etc.)
* ability to provide at least 40 hours a week of dedicated work
* solid written and verbal communications skills
* local to dallas/fort worth area

Preferred:

* proficiency in AJAX
* experience dealing with dedicated hosting backends
* experience working as a professional PHP programmer
* knowledge of and experience with various browser quirks and oddities

Please submit a resume and a cover-letter in your initial email (please link to any websites you have worked on). The hiring process could consist of several phone interviews, a possible in-person interview, reference checks, and a review of PHP5 and Javascript code you have written.

Compensation is based on experience and expertise. You will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. You will be working for a company based in Dallas and working at our offices in downtown Dallas.

This is an exciting new, fully funded startup. You will be working on the leading edge of software development in a fun and challenging environment with other people who love their jobs.
Serious inquires only. No recruiters.
Send to employment at limestonenetworks.com

Position Filled by a goon, Thanks!

Gelob fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 26, 2012

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Gelob posted:

Who: Limestone Networks Inc.
Where: Dallas, TX

Feel free to PM me or add GOON in your subject so we know where it came from.
I'm not a programmer, but the website lists a Technical Support Engineer position for the Dallas office. Do you have any pull with that department, by chance?

Gelob
Jun 9, 2006

brc64 posted:

I'm not a programmer, but the website lists a Technical Support Engineer position for the Dallas office. Do you have any pull with that department, by chance?

I do, but we are really trying to get a programmer in the door before we begin hiring more support staff. Feel free to apply for the Technical Support Engineer position but it may be a month or two before we actually hire. Its possible you could get an interview before then though.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Anyone from Long Island good with Linux, VMware and SAN? I'm leaving my position with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and I need someone to fill it.

quote:

Position Description
Senior Systems Engineer

CSHL is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with expert skills in the areas of Linux systems engineering, SAN/NAS management, and VMware technologies. Candidates will serve as a member of a dynamic team of engineers/administrators who are responsible for the design, implementation and support of IT systems in a high availability enterprise environment.

Duties involve hands-on hardware/software installation of new environments, the enhancement of existing systems and the replacement/restructuring of legacy systems. Candidates must possess professional documentation skills.

Position Requirements

Previous experience in the following technologies required: Enterprise level large scale NAS/SAN, Linux (Red Hat/CentOS preferable), VMware, Apache, MySQL, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SSH, SNMP, Strong scripting skills (bash, Perl), C and/or C++.Knowledge of a configuration management system such as Puppet or Chef is desirable. Previous experience in the following technologies highly desirable: High Performance Computing (HPC), Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), IBM AIX. A Bachelors degree in computer science or related field is preferred.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Heck, why not give this a go?

My experience:
Education
  • Currently studying in my final year towards a B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Systems (Forensics and Security) with 1st class grades in first 2 years of study.
Employment
  • 1 year internship working within a large (currently 105,000+ employees) organisation with Unix-like LDAP and web servers, as well as Active Directory. Utilised Perl, HTML and JavaScript in order to develop features, bug fixes, and resolve security issues for a web based LDAP interface, and to modify and create extensive background task and report scripts. Also versed in generation of Change Management documentation, user documentation and proper utilisation of source code version control.
  • Multiple short-term IT technician positions working with a variety of technologies, including Windows servers, email setup and web development. Also hardware troubleshooting and repair.
  • 2 years helpdesk experience.
Other technical skills
  • Experienced with Windows and Linux operating systems, networking and firewall setup, data recovery, virtualization of machines (mainly for development purposes).
  • Currently utilising Python for final year university project, previously also used Java and C++. Proven capable in picking up new programming and scripting languages and their syntaxes.
  • Capable and eager to learn and implement new skills and technologies.
Recent Achievements:
  • Winner of Cyber Security Challenge UK QinetiQ SMB Network Defence competition 2011.
What I'm looking for:
A job within an IT department suited towards a graduate with some previous work experience and a keen interest in continuing to learn, improve, and progress. Preferably in the field of security, networking, or positions that offer advancement into consultancy roles.
What I'm NOT looking for:
Entry level help desk positions or purely programming positions.
Where I live:
Nottingham, UK
Where I'm looking:
Southern England, UK, including London; though open to other countries and areas if the position is suitable.
When I can start:
September/October 2011, post-graduation.
Requirements:
Health insurance outside of the UK.
Can be reached via:
This thread, rohaq at dearinternet dot com

multigl
Nov 22, 2005

"Who's cool and has two thumbs? This guy!"
We reposted our earlier position:

Looking for Developer

Who we are: University of Arizona Financial Services Office
What we're looking for: A programmer with python/obj-c skills or generic oo background and a desire to learn
Opening date: 2/15/2011
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, Retirement, Qualified Tuition Reduction for you and your spouse and your children. This job is salaried.
What you will do: Work with a small team of developers on web based, and mobile based applications that assist FSO, and the University at large
Contact: http://www.uacareertrack.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=200408

UACareerTrack can be funky, so you can can PM if you need some assistance.

update I just wanted people to know that you do not need a degree for this position; you can use the QTR to get your degree

multigl fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 17, 2011

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Looking for new job again!

My experience: Three years of tier-two support, about five of Windows admin/desktop support. About halfway to a MCSA currently, which I plan to upgrade to a 2008 cert.

What I'm looking for: Windows administration

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales, QA, Entry-level help desk

Where I live: Tacoma, WA

Where I'm looking: Portland, OR; Tacoma, WA; Seattle, WA in order of preference

When I can start: Immediately plus two weeks notice.

Requirements: Health insurance, full time.

Can be reached via: PM, username at gmail.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
Been 6 months since I posted and I feel I should re-post as much has changed since.

My experience:
-2 years as Network Administrator/Engineer for health clinic (current position), I do everything from redoing their entire network infrastructure to fixing computers. I established an entire Cisco/Windows infrastructure from the ground up, with VPN WAN links as well for multiple sites. More details then can fit here on my resume.

- 1 year sales/support computers and networks.

-3 years of experience in Help Desk support, ranging from PC/Printer/network issues, 700+ users, worked with some Cisco switches here with the Network Engineers.

Education: I have a Bachelors in Business Admin: Information Systems, pursuing a Masters in the same field. Also, I have my A+, Net+, Sec+, and CCNA. I plan to complete my CCNA: Security in the next few months, then move immediately on to CCNP and then CCNP Security.

What I'm looking for: I am looking to get into Network Engineering. Jr. Network Engineer will work as well, so will other positions that deal with real corporate router/switch networks, preferably Cisco.

What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk. What bothers me the most is positions called 'Network Technician' and all they become are positions with Netgear retail switches in a small office of 25 people.

Where I live: San Antonio, TX

Where I'm looking: San Antonio, perhaps Austin (I would have to relocate, obviously depending on the offer this could vary)

When I can start: 2-4 weeks. I am the sole person responsible for the IT system here at my 100 user base clinic. It is pretty important I find a replacement, also I do not like to just leave places. My employer requires 4 weeks as I am considered part of administration, but they are reasonable and I could see talking them down to two weeks.

Can be reached via:jmannapp at gmail dot com OR Private Message

Bardlebee fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 18, 2011

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
Cross-posting from the developer for hire thread:

I'm looking for an experienced, fast developer who is available almost full time over the next month or so. This will be a freelance job, but will be recurring work:

What I'm looking for:

Developing in ASP / .NET
MSSQL database
MySQL and PHP knowledge helpful as we're moving and upgrading an older site (building from scratch, basically)
Asterisk knowledge a plus - http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+.NET

We're looking for a site with user accounts, paypal integration, and some custom dynamically generated content. Nothing overly complex, but it needs to be bullet proof and capable of high traffic. This will ultimately interface with Asterisk.

Contact me for more information and with a resume or experience you may have, and we can discuss the finer points over tea.

PM
treytor at gmail dot com <-- gchat too

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Treytor posted:

Contact me for more information and with a resume or experience you may have, and we can discuss the finer points over tea.

Is this posting location-specific, and if so, what location?

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!

brc64 posted:

Nope.

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

brc64 posted:

Treytor posted:

Nope.

Treytor speaks the truth. I've worked with Trey in the past and he's a great client (such as the numerous times I undertook work for him but forgot to give him a quotation before hand, he was cool with me pulling 4-figure numbers from my rear-end to put on the invoice).

The job Trey's posting about would actually be done by me (and he needs it finished and tested by April 1st), but because I'm busy this month and next with coursework he had to open it up to the lowest bidder.

Have fun, you two :)

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Hey you! Do you write software? Are you in the New York City area? Do you want an intern this summer?

My experience: Varying amounts (up to 5 years) of experience, mostly personal and academic, in C#, Python, C++, and PHP; along with standard frameworks for each of those platforms (Windows Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Qt, etc). Also experience with the major database systems (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, and SQLite). Currently pursuing a BS in computer science (also have some EE coursework...long story).

What I'm looking for: An internship this summer in software development. I like embedded systems, interesting problems, and Unixy platforms.

What I'm NOT looking for: IT work that's not related to development (e.g. CJing).

Where I live: Southern CT.

Where I'm looking: Southern CT (Stamford/Greenwich/Bridgeport area), NYC. Preferably NYC. Willing to commute or relocate.

When I can start: Mid-to-late May. I'd like to know by mid-April if I have the position.

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, derpes at brownieinmotion dot net.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 20, 2011

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Hoborg posted:

Treytor speaks the truth. I've worked with Trey in the past and he's a great client (such as the numerous times I undertook work for him but forgot to give him a quotation before hand, he was cool with me pulling 4-figure numbers from my rear-end to put on the invoice).

The job Trey's posting about would actually be done by me (and he needs it finished and tested by April 1st), but because I'm busy this month and next with coursework he had to open it up to the lowest bidder.

Have fun, you two :)
Haha, I guess I need to be more clear, since both of you misunderstood my reason for asking. I'm no developer.. I just needed to know which section to stick the posting in the OP. The "discuss the finer points over tea" comment made me think he might have been looking for somebody he could meet with in person, so I just needed clarification. But to anybody else who might be interested in the position, I'm sure your endorsement is appreciated!

Wow, I've officially been maintaining this thread for over 2 years now.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

brc64 posted:

Haha, I guess I need to be more clear, since both of you misunderstood my reason for asking. I'm no developer.. I just needed to know which section to stick the posting in the OP. The "discuss the finer points over tea" comment made me think he might have been looking for somebody he could meet with in person, so I just needed clarification. But to anybody else who might be interested in the position, I'm sure your endorsement is appreciated!

Wow, I've officially been maintaining this thread for over 2 years now.
Is there any chance you could add us job-seekers to the first post? I'm not expecting much from this thread, but it'd be nice if we were easier to find from the first post.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Rohaq posted:

Is there any chance you could add us job-seekers to the first post? I'm not expecting much from this thread, but it'd be nice if we were easier to find from the first post.

I don't know what the size limit on a post is, but I think that would be pushing it. It's hard enough to keep the job postings updated. Maybe somebody (better at this than me) should throw together some sort of SH/SC Job Wiki where we can have both in one place.

Tea and Toast
Jan 11, 2006
Makes a great late night snack!
Who we are: Web Development Company
Where we are: Edmonton, Alberta Canada, but you can be anywhere in North America as this in not an onsite position.
What we are looking for: Contract Junior Web Developer

First and foremost we are looking for someone who is reliable (no moonlight freelancers) with strong written and verbal communications skills. Must be available via instant messenger, Skype, and email during west coast business hours. We are looking for a commitment of at least 2 days a week.

We want as many of the following as possible:
Expert HTML/CSS
Basic Ruby on Rails or Advanced PHP
Knowledge of OOP and MVC
Experience with SSH
Experience with Git or Subversion
A portfolio of 3+ Ruby or PHP projects
Bonus: Expertise with WordPress
Bonus: Expertise with jQuery

How to Apply:
Send your information to ashley at agilestyle dot com. We require:

Description of which of the above skills apply to you
Portfolio, or several samples of your work (we want to see your code)
Hourly rate
Availability

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

brc64 posted:

Maybe somebody (better at this than me) should throw together some sort of SH/SC Job Wiki where we can have both in one place.

That's actually a really good idea, as long as basically every page is locked to the person that made it.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Cortel posted:

That's actually a really good idea, as long as basically every page is locked to the person that made it.

I think something like that can be put together with Wikispaces. A LinkedIn group is also a way to accomplish this but I personally don't want to associate my real LinkedIn profile with SomethingAwful and I imagine most people here don't either.

...I wonder if there would be interest in making it a more general goon job fair? Or just limit it to SH/SC and subforums for now?

e: now that I think about it, a wiki is probably not the right format.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 20, 2011

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Derpes Simplex posted:

A LinkedIn group is also a way to accomplish this but I personally don't want to associate my real LinkedIn profile with SomethingAwful and I imagine most people here don't either.

I actually find that obvious jokes aside, the goons that post in this sub-forum are pretty knowledgeable and show no mercy when it comes to making GBS threads on other people.

I dig it.

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

Cizzo posted:

I actually find that obvious jokes aside, the goons that post in this sub-forum are pretty knowledgeable and show no mercy when it comes to making GBS threads on other people.

I dig it.

We could do it anonymously: make this thread require you to be logged-in to view it (I don't know if unauthenticated people can read this thread), and each ad posts a unique code or some kind of password visible to everyone who's paid their tenbux. A forumgoer is then free to contact someone over LinkedIn or some other off-site resource and exchange the password. The ad-maker knows the responder is a goon, but doesn't know which goon.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

Hoborg posted:

We could do it anonymously: make this thread require you to be logged-in to view it (I don't know if unauthenticated people can read this thread), and each ad posts a unique code or some kind of password visible to everyone who's paid their tenbux. A forumgoer is then free to contact someone over LinkedIn or some other off-site resource and exchange the password. The ad-maker knows the responder is a goon, but doesn't know which goon.

You do have to be logged in to view any thread in SH/SC, and I like that idea.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Cizzo posted:

I dig it.

Agree. I've been far impressed at the level of knowledge by the majority of posters in here.

Lister_of_smeg
May 25, 2005
Who we are: Altera
Where we are: High Wycombe, UK
What we are looking for: Unix Systems Administrator

Job Description:
As a UNIX Systems Administrator, you will provide Linux server support for the engineering groups at Altera. You will:
  • Plan, design, and manage the deployment of high available systems supporting the Engineering infrastructure
  • Deployment and support High performance Computing environment (LSF/ /Condor/Linux/Windows XP)
  • Automate routine tasks through scripting
  • Work with team members to support other engineering related issues
  • Assist with Storage and Backup operations
  • Assist with Configuration Management in our Linux and Windows High Performance Compute Environment
  • Assist with virtualization (KVM/Xen) infrastructure support
  • Administer our Enterprise Monitoring Software
  • Provide support to local and remote environments
  • Willing to travel up to 4 weeks a year

For a full description of the job requirements and details on how to apply take a look here.

If you have any further questions either pop them in this thread or mail me at lcartwright at the google mail place.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
My experience: 3-4 years helpdesk support, 2-3 years programming experience, 1 year of web development (PHP, ASP.NET, C#), 1 year of database experience (MySQL)
What I'm looking for: A stable position which makes allowances for on-the-job learning. Database or web development preferred, but anything is fine
What I'm NOT looking for: Unpaid internships
Where I live: Tallahassee, FL
Where I'm looking: Anywhere is fine, preferably in a metro area or something with good public transport
When I can start: For local offers, I can start immediately. Anything else, though, I'll need at least a couple weeks notice
Can be reached via: PM

Main Paineframe fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 8, 2011

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
It's time for a change, so what the heck.

My experience: For the last eight years I've basically run a small fixed-wireless ISP. Servers (email, Web, DNS, and so on, mostly CentOS Linux, mostly virtualized on VMware), network management (traffic shaping, routing, firewalling), wireless hardware (mostly unlicensed gear from Mikrotik and Ubiquiti). My small-town employer values customer service, so I've had my hands in a lot of local business' networks, and have at least a passing familiarity with a lot of stuff.
What I'm looking for: Something with advancement potential, and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. This pond is getting awfully small. I'd rather do more work in the systems-admin side of things than the network-admin side.
What I'm NOT looking for: Windows, if it can be helped. Entry-level help desk. On-call duties where I'm the ONLY one on-call; being part of a team rotation is A-OK, though.
Where I live: southern Illinois (about an hour from Saint Louis, MO, and an hour from Carbondale)
Where I'm looking: Saint Louis, MO; maybe Chicago.
When I can start: Just about any time, given 3-4 weeks' notice (so I can help the current employer get started on finding my replacement, and relocate as needed).
Requirements: Good medical/dental would be a giant plus, but not strictly a requirement. My current company is very small, and it's likely they'll want to keep me on the payroll for a while as a consultant or similar. This will NOT happen during work hours, but if having someone technically working two jobs is an issue, I may not be the goon for you.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, dave at technopagan dot org.

zorachus
Sep 4, 2009
"fuck protein"
My experience: 3 years level 1 help desk, 1 year level 2 help desk, 7 months as a Linux systems administrator
What I'm looking for: Linux system administration, especially in a CentOS/Red Hat-based environment. I've learned a lot at my current job but feel like there's not much room for advancement; I'm interested in an environment where I can continue to learn and start to build a career.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, and preferably not a Windows environment though I'm not totally opposed.
Where I live: Columbus, OH
Where I'm looking: Anywhere (including outside the U.S.)
When I can start: Immediately in Columbus, two weeks elsewhere in the U.S. It may be a bit longer for jobs outside the U.S.
Requirements: Benefits would be nice, but honestly a livable salary is the only requirement. I'm more interested in the learning opportunity and potential for advancement than benefits.
Can be reached via: zacwalt@gmail.com, this thread.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

zorachus posted:

My experience: 3 years level 1 help desk, 1 year level 2 help desk, 7 months as a Linux systems administrator

I know this isn't the critique your resume thread, but might I suggest you make your resume one page? :) Can you resend it to me?

zorachus
Sep 4, 2009
"fuck protein"

H110Hawk posted:

I know this isn't the critique your resume thread, but might I suggest you make your resume one page? :) Can you resend it to me?

I trimmed it down a bit and re-sent it. Thanks for the tip.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

zorachus posted:

I trimmed it down a bit and re-sent it. Thanks for the tip.

Check yo email.

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
Who we are: A financial services firm
Where we are: Victor, MT
Job Title: "IT Support Specialist"
What we are looking for:

Financial services firm seeks self-motivated Information Technology team member.

Duties include:
o Safeguarding customer information.
o Maintenance and support of Windows servers and desktops
o Management of Intranet
o Governance of Shavlik Patch Management
o Administration of various software packages
o Support internal and external customers
o Sustain LAN/WAN communication devices & protocols including VoIP

Skills/Attributes
o Understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking
o Efficient problem-solving skills
o Professional expression in oral and written communications
o Practiced ability to quickly switch concentration between projects
o Will exercise patience and calm demeanor in stressful situations
o Experience drafting Policies, Procedures, Standards, and Baselines
o Familiarity with web design style, typography, and layout.
o Comprehension of fundamental principles of Information Security
o Knowledge of security related devices such as IDS, IPS, ASA, content filter, and others

If you are interested or would like more information shoot me a email or gmail chat at tehfeer@gmail.com

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

tehfeer posted:

Where we are: Victor, MT

Voted most middle of nowhere post in this thread, I think it even beats Alaska.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

sanchez posted:

Voted most middle of nowhere post in this thread, I think it even beats Alaska.

Seconded. I'm not looking for a job currently, but keep an eye on this thread. When that got posted, I had to google it, then I slowly zoomed out repeatedly. I saw Helena, but still had to keep zooming out.

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
We about a 35 min drive from Missoula,MT so its really not that bad!

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped
My experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Maryland, 3.5+ GPA, experience in school in Java and C, 1.75 years writing performance sensitive code in C++ professionally, "Exposure" to a bunch of alphabet soup
What I'm looking for: A full time position where I get to write code. My professional experience is mostly in C++, but I'm willing and able to learn new languages and problem domains quickly.
What I'm NOT looking for: Jobs where I do not get to write code, contract work
Where I live: DC Area
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the United States
When I can start: I'll need two weeks notice for the DC Area, 4 weeks notice anywhere else
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, mdrews at gmail

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
My experience: Bachelor's in Information Systems from Cal Poly Pomona, experience with PHP, ColdFusion, (My)SQL, and I'm currently re-learning Java. I also tinker a lot with various CMS' (Magento, Drupal, Wordpress), but mostly on the design end. Basic Cisco IOS knowledge (it's been awhile, but I took quite a few Cisco classes in school). Hell, I even have a bit of computer forensics under my belt.
What I'm looking for: Web development work and/or IT work, general computer nerd stuff
What I'm NOT looking for: Contract work
Where I live: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Where I'm looking: Inland Empire, but if the job is right I can relocate to LA or Orange County
When I can start: 2 weeks notice
Requirements: Benefits; I'm married and want to make sure we're protected
Can be reached via: sean at thehouseplant.net

thehouseplant fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Anyone with extensive Aruba experience? My company is hiring for a make-or-break position in SWA, it will include travel. There are some serious eyes on this contract, success would mean being an all-star, failure would mean probably never working in SWA again.