Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Heck, why not give this a go?

My experience:
Education
  • Currently studying in my final year towards a B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Systems (Forensics and Security) with 1st class grades in first 2 years of study.
Employment
  • 1 year internship working within a large (currently 105,000+ employees) organisation with Unix-like LDAP and web servers, as well as Active Directory. Utilised Perl, HTML and JavaScript in order to develop features, bug fixes, and resolve security issues for a web based LDAP interface, and to modify and create extensive background task and report scripts. Also versed in generation of Change Management documentation, user documentation and proper utilisation of source code version control.
  • Multiple short-term IT technician positions working with a variety of technologies, including Windows servers, email setup and web development. Also hardware troubleshooting and repair.
  • 2 years helpdesk experience.
Other technical skills
  • Experienced with Windows and Linux operating systems, networking and firewall setup, data recovery, virtualization of machines (mainly for development purposes).
  • Currently utilising Python for final year university project, previously also used Java and C++. Proven capable in picking up new programming and scripting languages and their syntaxes.
  • Capable and eager to learn and implement new skills and technologies.
Recent Achievements:
  • Winner of Cyber Security Challenge UK QinetiQ SMB Network Defence competition 2011.
What I'm looking for:
A job within an IT department suited towards a graduate with some previous work experience and a keen interest in continuing to learn, improve, and progress. Preferably in the field of security, networking, or positions that offer advancement into consultancy roles.
What I'm NOT looking for:
Entry level help desk positions or purely programming positions.
Where I live:
Nottingham, UK
Where I'm looking:
Southern England, UK, including London; though open to other countries and areas if the position is suitable.
When I can start:
September/October 2011, post-graduation.
Requirements:
Health insurance outside of the UK.
Can be reached via:
This thread, rohaq at dearinternet dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

brc64 posted:

Haha, I guess I need to be more clear, since both of you misunderstood my reason for asking. I'm no developer.. I just needed to know which section to stick the posting in the OP. The "discuss the finer points over tea" comment made me think he might have been looking for somebody he could meet with in person, so I just needed clarification. But to anybody else who might be interested in the position, I'm sure your endorsement is appreciated!

Wow, I've officially been maintaining this thread for over 2 years now.
Is there any chance you could add us job-seekers to the first post? I'm not expecting much from this thread, but it'd be nice if we were easier to find from the first post.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Cizzo posted:

I'm not qualified at all to answer this but one of my relatives is a programmer for IBM and let's just say they don't really have a relaxed life. They will come home and work through the night while also receiving calls from other programmers to assist in resolving programming issues. This might only be the case because they are pretty up there but a stressful life nonetheless. They can't even have a regular vacation without bringing their work with them :|

It may be less stressful than practicing medicine but it's still stress nonetheless
Jesus gently caress, remind me to never work for IBM.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
[Position filled! Thanks for all the interest!]

Rohaq fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 13, 2012