Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

So no chance of any sort of relocation compensation? This would be a natural step for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

I would be very surprised if a helpdesk position qualified for overtime exemption, also the salary floor for that went up to like 47k last year or so.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Watch MJP quit their job for one of these even though they're overqualified.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Job Seeker

My experience: 3.5 years in a desktop/warehouse support role for a large specialty distributor. Currently attending a full stack web development bootcamp on nights and weekends which covers HTML, CSS and JS and some modern frameworks on the front end, .NET / C# / Azure / SQL on the back end. Will be finished early 2019, or could transition to a full time day class and be finished earlier if I could work outside those hours.

I seem to have a natural aptitude for understanding data manipulation more so than visual design.

What I'm looking for: Another desktop support or VERY junior dev position where I can rapidly learn as I go, preferably with room to grow.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales

Where I live: Nashville, TN

Where I'm looking: Greater Nashville area, prefer no more than 20-25 mile commute.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: 35+ preferably 40+, regular business hours or entirely outside them, good benefits package a big plus

Can be reached via: Forums PM or email: johnachor @ gmail . com

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Dross posted:

Job Seeker

My experience: 3.5 years in a desktop/warehouse support role for a large specialty distributor. Currently attending a full stack web development bootcamp on nights and weekends which covers HTML, CSS and JS and some modern frameworks on the front end, .NET / C# / Azure / SQL on the back end. Will be finished early 2019, or could transition to a full time day class and be finished earlier if I could work outside those hours.

I seem to have a natural aptitude for understanding data manipulation more so than visual design.

What I'm looking for: Another desktop support or VERY junior dev position where I can rapidly learn as I go, preferably with room to grow.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales

Where I'm looking: Greater Nashville area, prefer no more than 20-25 mile commute.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: 35+ preferably 40+, regular business hours or entirely outside them, good benefits package a big plus

Can be reached via: Forums PM or email: johnachor @ gmail . com

If anyone knows a recruiter in my area or anything I'm not picky at this point.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Figured it's never too early to put these feelers out.

Job Seeking

Education: 9 months into a 12 month dev bootcamp, completed the front end section (HTML,CSS,Bootstrap,JS,jQuery,React) and currently working on .NET Core back end technologies using C#, with MS SQL Server coming soon. Expect to finish at the beginning of 2019. Not married to the tech, willing to learn what your shop needs. I appreciate both functional and OO principles and love working with data a bit more than front end design.

Work experience: 4+ years of desktop support in Windows shops, with my current role including some simple web update duties. I know several ticketing systems, a modicum of AD, and various other Tier 1/2 helpdesk necessities.

What I'm looking for: Junior dev work. Open to freelance work but really looking to land a full time gig. I believe I'll be a worthwhile investment to the org that hires me, as I'm addicted to learning opportunities in this space.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk

Where I'm looking: Nashville area or remote, will be open to relocation upon completion of dev course.

When I can start: Two weeks post-offer if full time, freelance as discussed

Can be reached via: PM or thread post

Dross fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Better that than someone like Cavalry whose whole MO is to sue you immediately. I’ve dealt with more debt collectors than I’d like to admit over the past two years and some are definitely better than others, regardless of whether the industry as a whole is inherently predatory.