Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordKain
Oct 8, 2006

Never hurts to try, good thread

My experience: Working on AAS in Comp Info Systems (less than a year left), 6-9 months as a Technician Assistant supporting an elementary school (XP based), 1 year 2 months at Comcast working in the tech support call center for Internet and CDV services (2K/XP/Vista/OX9/OSX supported), 1 year 5 months at a small company doing software testing
What I'm looking for: An IT career in any industry with room to grow, learn, and advance
What I'm NOT looking for: Part time or entry level
Where I live: West Bloomfield, MI
Where I'm looking: within 30 miles preferred, no relocating
When I can start: As soon as possible, after giving proper notice
Requirements: Competitive pay scale, usual benefits, affordable health insures would be nice
Can be reached via: PM, here, patrickwhite.jobsearch@gmail.com

LordKain fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordKain
Oct 8, 2006

As far as security clearances go, from what I've read you cannot get one on your own. It's pretty much a bitch to get because you need the clearance for a job but in order to get the clearance you need to be employed by a company willing to pay for you to get it, which are usually the same companies you are trying to work for. That, or join the military heh

LordKain
Oct 8, 2006

Reviving this, as I've just been laid off.

My experience: Working on AAS in Comp Info Systems (est grad date June/July 2010), 6-9 months as a Technician Assistant supporting an elementary school (XP and Novell based), 1 year 2 months at Comcast working in the tech support call center for Internet and CDV services (2K/XP/Vista/OX9/OSX supported), 1 year 9 months at a small company doing software testing, 1 month at Flagstar doing internal/external PC and software support
What I'm looking for: An IT career in any industry with room to grow, learn, and advance
What I'm NOT looking for: Part time or entry level
Where I live: West Bloomfield, MI
Where I'm looking: Within 30 miles preferred, no relocating
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Competitive pay scale, usual benefits, affordable health insurance would be nice
Can be reached via: PM, or better yet patrickwhite.jobsearch@gmail.com

Just make sure if you email you tag GOON onto it, so I know it's not garbage. Also, I have a more indepth resume on request to give a better idea of what I've worked with/