Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

JOB POSTING
lots of positions
Senior Business Analyst
Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst - Entry Level
.Net Web Application Developer
Mobile Application Developer
Junior Developer – Entry Level
Senior Developer
Project Manager

Who are we?
Paul Consulting Group is an IT firm creating custom enterprise web and mobile systems in Tallahassee. We've been around for 20 years, and recently we've been getting bigger and bigger contracts, so we're growing from ~20 staff to ~40 in a few years. Leadership opportunities if you have experience or stay for a couple years.

Where are we?
Tallahassee, FL, with clients all over the US

Where is the job?
Tallahassee, FL only

When: We grown fast, yo. Probably will be hiring constantly for 2 years. You can start in a week if you blow our socks off.
Remote? No.

Job Description
Our website has the job description for all jobs except Project Manager. For that, PM me.

What we actually need:
Dev positions: experience with C#, .NET, and SQL Server required. Xamarin and Mobile application experience a plus. Entry level also available.
BA positions: experience analyzing and designing IT systems. Excellent technical writing skills. Entry level also available, MBA, undergrad business, or IT degree preferred.

What's it like to work here?
Really great products that make you proud of your work. I haven't had to deal with slacker coworkers like I have at other jobs. Our existing clients trust us since they know we make good systems, so pricing new systems and convincing them of recommended system changes is easy.

We bought a larger office building in town and we're going pseudo startup style with a full bar in our conference room + ping pong + foosball

The bad
We have a fairly rigid set of job processes and HR policies. Your first couple weeks our VPPM may respond to any questions you have by saying "Did you check the processes?". No vacation first 3 months. Good individual benefits but no subsidization for spouse or dependents.

How to apply
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to careers@paulconsulting.com with the desired position as the subject. Feel free to PM me if you want me to review it first, as I'm not the hiring manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Three Job Openings in Tallahassee, FL

I don't know exact salary range, but if I had to guess I'd say $75-90k (Senior Dev, maybe higher for mobile) or $60-80k (Senior BA) depending upon experience & qualifications, and they're willing to discuss on first phone call. Annual profit sharing between 0-10% of salary, annual raises of 5-10%.

Position Type Full Time

Very rare travel

Senior Developer

quote:

Job Description
  • Designing and implementing component-based applications using the .Net Framework within established project schedules.
  • Defining system requirements, flows and interfaces based on customer needs.
  • Adhering to software requirements specifications and project timelines.
  • Adhering to established methodologies while continuously analyzing processes for improved performance and adaptability.
  • Manage Developers assigned to you by:
  • Mentoring and overseeing programming code
  • Assigning/allocating programming tasks
  • Approving timesheets
  • Performing Code Reviews
  • Assist with personnel interviews
Job Qualifications
  • Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, IS, or related field.
  • 5+ years design and development experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET, JavaScript Frameworks (jQuery, Angular, React) and SQL Server in an n-tier architecture.
  • Experience with Object Oriented Design.
  • Experience with SQL syntax and relational databases.
  • Experience working with design patterns- MVC a strong plus.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • 5+ years working in a team environment.
  • Experience overseeing other developers.

Senior Mobile Dev

quote:

Job Description
  • Designing and implementing mobile applications using Android Studio and/or XCode IDE within established project schedules.
  • Adhering to software requirements specifications and project timelines.
  • Adhering to established methodologies while continuously analyzing processes for improved performance and adaptability.
  • Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with the project teams.
  • Manage Developers assigned to you by:
  • Mentoring and overseeing programming code
  • Assigning/allocating programming tasks
  • Approving timesheets
  • Performing Code Reviews
  • Assist with personnel interviews
Job Qualifications
  • Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, IS, or related field or relevant experience/course work.
  • 4+ years Design and/or development experience with Native Mobile or other Mobile software applications, and MySQL or SQL Server in an n-tier architecture.
  • Experience with Web API’s
  • Experience with Object Oriented Design.
  • Experience with SQL syntax and relational databases.
  • Experience working with design patterns- MVC a strong plus.
  • Knowledge of the system development life cycle.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Ability to work in a team environment.
  • Native IOS and Android development languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Swift UI
  • MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server (or other relational database management system).
  • Experience with Android Studio or XCode IDE environments
  • Experience deploying apps to the App Store and Play Store respectively

Senior BA

quote:

Job Description
  • Perform systems analysis, design, testing and implementation-assistance for development, enhancement, and production support
  • Develop an understanding of the business model; define, document, and apply to the application design.
  • Work with business areas to define requirements. Translates to functional and technical design. Prepares system specifications.
  • Develop system and user acceptance test plans, scenarios, and scripts. Coordinates and conducts testing and verification, to encompass functional, operational, and performance criteria.
  • Assist in defining project objectives, scope, and effort.
  • Responsible for ensuring that the business model, functional and data design, and technical architecture are consistently implemented.
  • Expected to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the application functions, facilities, and technical architecture in order to develop and extend the enterprise system.
Job Qualifications
  • 4-year College Degree or equivalent work experience.
  • A minimum of 4 years’ experience in integrated operational business applications that implement mission-critical functionality, have high performance, availability, and data integrity requirements, and are highly user-interactive.
  • Demonstrated experience with defining requirements, translating to systematic functions, user interface design.
  • Direct experience with all phases of the system development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, test, implementation, and production support.

Work Environment:
We are a small, custom software shop with a mix of government and private clients. We have a typical mix of senior and junior staff, and the seniors are all about latest & greatest, so we've moved from webforms to MVC to MVC Core. I'm not a dev so I can't talk specifics, but I know we're also keeping up with good Git feature branching / merging practices, web services best practices, not still using 1995 sql, etc.

It's a pretty chill atmosphere. Alcohol allowed after 4:00 as long as you're not meeting a client. Folks doing group activities outside of work, notably Brazilian Jujitsu and going to concerts.

Good benefits - 100% of employee health, dental, vision, life insurance premiums, though no 401k.

PM me for information. Nonlocal candidates only if you strictly match job descriptions, we can give interviews to local candidates that are close.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Job Seeker

What I'm looking for: FT BA, product owner, other customer-facing or project management role
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything more than 50 hrs / week
Where I live: Tallahassee, FL
Where I'm looking: Orange, CA or remote
When I can start: April for Orange, mid-Jan if remote
Experience: 2 years full stack BA (small company so I did everything except coding), product owner for past 6 months and counting. Will be ~2.5 yrs and ~1 yr by the time I move. 1 1/2 years supervisor experience.
Requirements: FT, market salary, benefits, vacation time
Contact Me: PM or snumpkin@gmail.com

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Do you provide PPE and daycare?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

my cat is norris posted:

Net Health is hiring additional positions.
The Technical Project Manager listings are here:
https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...8a-9a6af3244f6d
https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...58-3fe2ce396b3e

Salaries on these two? Glassdoor doesn't look hopeful but worth an ask.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Thank you!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

my cat is norris posted:

Recruiting hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'll pester them again this week.

Thanks! It became more urgent today as my CEO made a questionable leadership decision, so I'm trawling Indeed in my free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Thanks! My current company is paying me less than that, and we've been having trouble hiring good Product Owners at our rate so I'm glad for the opportunity. I'll update my docs this weekend and apply!