Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.
Job Seeker

I feel a little weird posting this here, since I feel much less qualified for any technical job compared to the average SH/SC poster, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

My experience: 3 years of over-the-phone tech support for flower shop businesses across the US and Canada (managing routers and VPNs, cleaning viruses from WinXP and Win7 machines, troubleshooting hardware failures, that sort of thing). No certifications or formal technical education; these things were all learned on the job. Before this job, I was one of the salespeople at our local Apple Store for a year, and before that it was a series of non-tech jobs like waiting tables and being a barista at Starbucks.
What I'm looking for: This is a tough one. I have a few ideas in mind but my main goal is to make more money than I am right now, which is only $12.35/hr full-time. I could handle doing another tech support job--which I would likely need some extra training for, as my current job seems pretty basic compared to most tech jobs--but I would also like to try my hand at something more creative such as graphic/web design (zero experience there, but willing to learn).
What I'm NOT looking for: Call-center (talking on the phone is fine, but I don't want it to be the basis of the job), retail, part-time, contract/seasonal.
Where I live: Oklahoma City, OK (north side)
Where I'm looking: OKC or the surrounding area. I could also work from home remotely, if that's what somebody's looking for.
When I can start: Late January/Early February, and with at least 2 weeks' notice for my current employer.
Requirements: Full-time, full health/dental/vision benefits (I'm married, with a baby on the way later this month, if that helps)
Can be reached via: PM or email chris.alan.gonzales@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Pressed Rat posted:

Job opening in Centennial, CO

Who we are: A small company (about 30 people) that provides adaptive computer systems for nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The systems are Windows-based and run on the HP TouchSmart platform.

Job title: Technical Support

Job description: Mid-to-entry-level tech support. Provide remote technical assistance and perform computer repairs. Position is full-time, M-F typically 9am-6pm, with some flexibility.

It's kind of a "mom and pop" sort of business, very fun company with some chill people to work with. The owner sometimes bring in beer for the tech team. Being a small company, you'll have to wear many different hats as the saying goes, but it keeps things interesting. The company is growing and has been around for over 10 years so you don't have to worry about it blowing away in the wind. It's in the "elder care" industry, which is booming at the moment. You'll have to see the inside of a nursing home from time to time, so if that's a problem then you might want to look elsewhere, but in tech support you're pretty much insulated from it. This company is new to having a tech support department at all, so there's a lot of room to bring your own contributions to the table as they develop procedures.

Duties include:
Provide customer support via phone, email, remote session, or etc.
Troubleshoot hardware, software, and connectivity issues
Provide instruction to customers in the use of computers and applications
Perform computer repairs and upgrades
Email account administration
Assist with shipping/receiving/tracking of repair items
Manage, track, update, and run reports on service tickets
Occasional on-site repairs or maintenance

Skills:
Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Highly organized and able to multitask well
Able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences (old folks)
Proficient with Internet applications, E-Mail, FTP, Web Browsers
Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
Patience with frustrating or stressful customer situations

Can be reached at: tech at in2l dot com

Man, I wish you guys were in Oklahoma instead of Colorado. This job sounds like it'd be right up my alley.