Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DawntoDust
Dec 11, 2006

Glory is Fleeting,
Obscurity is Forever
Job Seeker

Support contract buyout tomfoolery happened and I opted to switch between two MSPs to stay on the same contract in light of a global pandemic. $New_MSP laid off 80% of us back in fall, it doesn't look great going forward, and I'm way past learning anything new here. I'm getting bombed with LinkedIn recruiters wanting to talk and then backing out when I don't have like >5 years production experience in what I'm interested in. It's past time for a change.

My Experience: Technical problem solver for like 18 years. Field technician/IT & AV work for ~10 of those years.
Currently doing enterprise video-conferencing integration/support 2 years @ $Mega_Corp, also self-training for not having to touch wires or assets assigned to other people as often.
I can linux/unix command line well enough, use a bit of python on top, understand how version control works, I understand most of what I'm looking at with Terraform or Ansible. I'd def like to learn more in that Infra as code space. I'm friendly and I get along well with people, you'll like working with me.

Certified AWS Solutions Architect Associate, should also be certified as an Azure Administrator Associate within a month or so, probably could grab a CCNA with a little lead time if needed.

What I'm looking for: Tier >2 to Jr/SysAdmin/Engineer with Cloud/IaC flavor, everybody has a different name/numbering system.

What I'm not looking for: Blowing people up or Spying-on-your-Workforce companies.

Where I live: SF Bay Area, CA right now looking for full-remote but I can be negotiable about coming in infrequently.

When I can start: 2 weeks after accepting offer.

Requirements: Fulltime, Remote, & I'd love health insurance options that aren't terrible.

I can be reached by: Private messages here are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU