Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nene
Jan 5, 2007
Mad Scientist
Just so happens the IT department I work in has a couple of openings in the UK right now.

Who are we? We're a medium sized Media company based in the UK and USA

Where are we? We have offices in SF and NY in USA. In the UK our offices are in London and our HQ is towards the western end of the M4 corridor in England. These openings are at the UK HQ site.

What are we looking for?

1 - Helpdesk "analyst". What can I say? I'll be honest - this is your basic entry level helpdesk role, taking calls and helping users. Being a media company we're heavy with both Macs and PCs with lots of different and interesting things going on. Experience with modern Macs is a definite plus point.

2 - Perl Developer. This is working moderate level on internal corporate systems, building and maintaining a variety of applications originated in-house. There's probably scope for working on internet-facing apps too, but this isn't my team so I'm not certain. This is working on primarily Unix and Linux systems, with Perl and SQL (Oracle). There's likely to be a smattering of Java too, and possibly other languages. Pay starts at £30k.

Why work for us? So far we're pretty stable even troubled times. There are company pension and healthcare plans if you want to sign up to them. Holiday allocation is pretty generous and doesn't include public holidays in the count, so you get even more. We have a strong history of supporting people who want to move up inside the company - there are several people with the word "director" in their job title who started off on the bottom rung - and even in IT there's scope to do that.

Sounds awesome, I want to apply for one! OK, email awful dot nene at googlemail dot com. I'll send you some more details, and we'll see what happens. You can post here to discuss too, but I'm not going to be putting any info that directly identifies me or the company in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nene
Jan 5, 2007
Mad Scientist
Someone I know has just posted to a UK internet/ISP mailing list that I'm on that PA Photos are looking for a Linux sysadmin to be based in Nottingham. I don't really have any details since I'm nothing to do with them, but it looks like your bog-standard Linux admin role plus a bit of Windows AD and exchange. They say the salary is up to £25k depending on experience.

Don't ask me anything about it, because I don't know ;) I just thought I would pass it on for my fellow goons. :v:

nene
Jan 5, 2007
Mad Scientist
Just to clarify from my original job opening post, since I've had an email about it, to the best of my knowledge there are currently no openings in our US arm. If I see anything I'll post here.

Sorry, I do wish you all the best of luck.

Better news; I know this isn't exactly SH/SC fair, but I did notice a possible opening for a flash developer in the UK at our HQ site. I'm afraid I don't have any details on this at all though, since it's in a completely different department.

nene
Jan 5, 2007
Mad Scientist

brc64 posted:

I've made some tweaking to the OP

It looks like we've filled both of the positions I posted about, so it's probably best to remove them from the OP