Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

ragzilla posted:

Looking to hire 1 new NOC tech in the Indianapolis, IN area

Who we are: LightBound, a local ISP/VoIP CLEC.
Location: For this job, close to downtown Indianapolis about 2 blocks from the new stadium.
What we do: Colocation, Dedicated Internet Access, VoIP (we're an Indiana CLEC offering business services).
When: Soon. We're backfilling someone who's switching departments in January, so we'll want someone soon to get them trained.

The position is for shift work, 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours on, 12 off. Night/Weekend shifts you'll be the only person here (but the wifi is 54mbps wide open and direct to the internet). M-F is a bit busier.

Requirements: Be familiar with how the Internet works, you don't need to know the nuts and bolts of BGP, OSPF, or the internals of the TCP or IP headers (although any and all of those are a plus), but at least be familiar with the difference between a router and a switch, TCP and UDP, and how many addresses there are on the IPv4 internet- or at least have enough knowledge that you could figure it out if you sat down with a calculator. High school degree is fine, college degree not required as this is an entry level position.

If you're interested, submit a resume to jobs at lightbound.net
(I'm not directly involved in hiring, but if you have any other questions my AIM/ICQ are in my profile)

Any entry level positions available right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

ragzilla posted:

Whoops forgot to update that posting, we've filled that position but I believe we'll be hiring again with the same requirements in 2Q. Or maybe sooner if you have SQL/some sort of programming experience.

Unfortunately I don't. Just adds to the fact I need to get my rear end back in school, I suppose.