Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Well, I've been following (and posting) in some of the SH/SC threads and need a new job myself, so I'll post my mini-resume:

My experience: Management Information Systems graduate. I have nearly a decade of in-house and on-site computer repair experience and going on 2 years of junior administrator experience. I can set up networks, servers, client machines, BlackBerries, server/domain migration (doing it as we speak), Active Directory, Group Policy, Ghost, Imaging software, QA. Currently, I (almost solely) support over 5,000 students, faculty, and staff at a major university. I can fix just about anything that consumes electricity. Spyware removal, installations, individual client contracts, you name it, I can do it. Well, except program, I'm not a coder. I'm the guy everyone goes to when there is a problem. I'm usually the one to solve it. I've gotten quite a few drinks after work for my solutions.
What I'm looking for: A full time position as a system/network admin. Really, give me a job title and a list of duties and I'll see.
What I'm NOT looking for: Call center/entry level "Computer Janitor" positions, programming, a University job.
Where I live: Tampa, FL
Where I'm looking: You name it, I've probably applied there. Basically, anywhere in the US.
When I can start: A good Two weeks notice after I know I have the job, maybe a little longer if it's a completely different location, so I can try to settle into the new area.
Requirements: Full-time, non-contract, decent paying, eligible for benefits.
Can be reached via: AIM (spookymang), email: (teeapostle @ gmail .com), or message me and I'll give you my phone number.

Edit: Man, I keep updating my info...

Ted Stevens fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 27, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Did you get to meet Wilford Brimley?

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Cavepimp, is it completely necessary to have MCP? I have A+, but do not have MCP or CCNA. Would you possibly have training for that or maybe have a 90 day window or such? I have a lot of experience as being the general computer guy. I do help desk, light admin work, some SQL, hardware, software, network. A little bit of everything.

Also, I live in Florida, but I don't expect moving help, just extra time before I can start working.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Cavepimp, where should I send my resume? I don't have platinum here and I didn't see a contact.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Yeah, me too. "spookymang" or "sentomstevens"

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Yeah. If you could give an E-mail address, I'd like to know more. I'm basically a Systems Administrator, how well would you say I'd be for this position? I want to become a Systems Engineer down the road, but some of these requirements are just insane. To the point of actually wanting Electrical Engineers only.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Maneki Neko posted:

If someone doesn't have PM, feel free to shoot me an email to vedichymn at gmail.com and we can go from there.
E-mail sent!

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I'm an "IT Guy" and I saw the letters IT in that post, I think I would be a great candidate!

Anyone looking for a Systems Administrator/ Computer Technician? I've had lots of bites, but nothing has come to fruition.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

cliffy posted:

Algorithmic complexity plays a big role in helping that professor figure out how to operate the projector in his classroom!

And you need an engineering degree to put a desk together. Get a masters' and you can become the manager of the desk engineer!

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Diocletian posted:

* Experience with ConnectWise

Bastards. I applied for a job there and after three interviews at their offices and a phone interview, they said "We couldn't find a fit to utilize your skills here." or something like that. When I followed up with them and asked specifically where my weaknesses were and why they couldn't find a fit for me, the hiring manager said "I can't tell you that! If I did, I'd lose my job! You don't want me to get fired, do ya? :) " They're the only company that didn't give me a reason.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I have to run out, but I will post a reply to that Google ad later. :)

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Rastor posted:

Google Post

I sent you an e-mail yesterday. Hope to hear from you soon.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Rastor posted:

Google stuff

By chance, you wouldn't have the phone number for the person hiring at the Google DC location, would you? It's been a little while and I like to follow up with places I'm interested in.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
But you're a god, glowing eyes and all. Why wouldn't they hire you?

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Walked posted:

Okay; update:
1x helpdesk position available (up to 50k, 1yr experience required)
2x Administration positions available. You'd be working for me as I'm moving up to the team lead position.

PM sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I live in Fairfax, but moving to Arlington. You wouldn't have any IT positions available that aren't help desk or programmer, would you?