Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devians
Sep 25, 2007
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation.

volkadav posted:

I work for the nytimes.com as a senior software engineer. We're currently looking to hire a good dozen or so people in front and back end engineering positions at a variety of levels.

Would i be completely insane to apply, coming from australia? A seachange sounds good and this sounds like a nice change from the stress of working for an advertising agency where everythings so short notice and disorganised its a wonder im still sane. ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devians
Sep 25, 2007
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation.
What the hey, lets see if anything comes of this:

My experience: 6 Years of Professional development, mostly in PHP. I'm currently the lead technical for australia's largest independant advertising agency, and before that I helped build online games for TV shows. Work of mine has won big awards like BAFTA's and Emmy's. Considering the standard caliber of php 'coders' I typically interview, I'm some kind of super genius. (My point being I'm a programmer proper, not your average backyard php idiot)
What I'm looking for: A position in a company that knows the meaning of employee retention incentives, rather than 'why do you not work unpaid overtime, you terrible employee'. Alternatively, I do a lot of freelance. If you need it coded, I can help you out.
What I'm NOT looking for: Soulless cubicle farm work.
Where I live: Fortitude Valley, Brisbane.
Where I'm looking: Primarily around where I live, but I could be convinced to work elsewhere / telecommute.
When I can start: After notice to current employer for fulltime, immediately (pending) on freelance.
Can be reached via: PM

My Resume is available, just ask.