Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

My experience: I have an A.S. in IT security which boils down to some security classes, Cisco classes, and some VM classes.

What I'm looking for: Entry Level, Jr. Sysadmin

What I'm NOT looking for: N/A

Where I live: Jacksonville, FL

Where I'm looking: I am willing to move anywhere

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Full-time

Can be reached via: email - HightowerZT@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

I'm running super low on my savings, and my current job is giving me no hours so I need to find a new job.
Job Seeker

Area of Expertise: General I.T. and networking with security.

Education: A.S in I.T. Security from FSCJ with a ton of cisco networking classes.

Experience: I have about a year of experience being a PC janitor and working on windows servers.

Looking for: Full time work. Relocate me for a job if needed.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Who we are:RGH Entertainment

What we do:We are a small entertainment company, our main divisions are an animation studio, themed entertainment, and themed entertainment media production.

Opening: Entry level computer janitor.

Who we want: Able to resolve issues independently. Customer service oriented people looking start start a career in IT.

Who we don't want: Supergoons who are unable to work with executives and artists.

When we want you: ASAP

Why you want us: Casual atmosphere. Near the end of the day we might play some BF4 or TF2. If you are looking to get into animation or themed entertainment it is a great environment to network and form relationships with a lot of the most talented people in the business.

How to apply: Clicky

filled out the resume thing for this job.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Reposting this because I am still unemployed.

Job Seeker

Area of Expertise: General I.T. and networking with security.

Education: A.S in I.T. Security from FSCJ with a ton of cisco networking classes.

Experience: I have about a year of experience being a PC janitor and working on windows servers.

Looking for: Full time work. Relocate me for a job if needed.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Education: B.A.S. in Computer Technology and Management.

Experience:
1 Year working for a local MSP doing servers, desktops, wifi, and break fix.
2 Years working at the schools computer lab basically being a tutor.

Where: Currently in Florida. Willing to move to wherever you need me.

What I'm looking for: Jr Sysadmin, or Helpdesk, Anything really.

What I'm not: programming, as much as I would like to learn I currently don't have that skill set.

When: Anytime after the solar eclipse

Reqs: Full time.

wargames fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 15, 2017

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

MJP posted:

That's a bit of a red herring/strawman/etc., but if you can hook me up with some legit job postings for a line cook in the mid $40k range, please do link them to me - it'll give me all the more ammo to push the baseline higher. "Boss, do you really expect us to get someone with experience when as a line cook they get a heck of a lot more free food?"

Quick search of indeed for IT

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=9...8iu6hk&from=web

http://theprincetongroup.com/jobs/h...campaign=Indeed

http://bowmanwilliams.com/jobs/it-n...campaign=Indeed

For Line cook

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=...ook+%2450%2C000

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Everyone has at least a bachelors where i work, but that is mainly from the fact we get all of our I.T. interns from the local college and if you are good at your job you get hired.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Posting here because it might be time to move on

Job Seeker

My experience: B.A.S. in computer networking and management, help desk for 3 years, some networking for the past year. I do have a CCNA.

What I'm looking for: Full time position help desk and junior positions.

Where I live: Jacksonville, Fl

Where I'm looking: Local or Willing to move

When can I start: I don't want to burn any bridges at my current job so will need to give them a heads up

Requirements: Full-time, benefits

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

KillHour posted:

Why would you leave a help desk job with 3 years of experience aiming for another help desk job? Don't you have a career path in mind by now?

because i am tired of of making sub 40k and getting 1% raises. I do have a career path in mind and that is networking i just know jr networking roles aren't that common.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Hadlock posted:

I think he is primarily focused on the fact that you already have a junior level job that you're grossly over qualified for, and you're looking to transition into another junior level role. Help desk is not a career, it's barely a holding pattern

You know in Rick and Morty S2E2 where Rick is "Jesus, you survived cancer and you went back to working at the carpet store?" Help desk is your carpet store. See also my comment about Raymond K Hessel

Go find some CCNA meetups in the next city over and start networking

Talk to recruiters, kill yourself, anything but slide horizontally into another help desk job

Ok don't kill yourself but at least apply for a non junior role

look man sometimes a man just wants to turn himself into a pickle.

but i understand your concerns, current employment can be exhausting.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

ilkhan posted:

Anything you can add to the associate sys admin listing? I mentioned it to the wife and she perked up about Seattle area being a possibility.

according to madsushi when i asked him and sent in my terrible resume for that job

madsushi:
The ASA position is actually a level above what I usually consider normal help desk duties.

General ladder:
Helpdesk Support Tech - you're helping end-users and doing tickets 100% of the time

Product Support Tech - you're helping end-users and also fixing some application stuff 100% of the time

Associate Sys Admin - you're helping end-users sometimes (20-30%), usually via escalation, fixing some application stuff (20-30%), and working 40-50% on projects (solo or as an assist), Active Directory stuff, etc. You're not checking the queue, tickets would come to you as escalation.

Sys Admin - the only tickets you get are escalations from ASAs, you're working on internal systems and services for the majority of your job

Senior Sys Admin - you're the last line of escalation before it goes to engineering, working on larger projects, especially acting as an assist for engineering, etc.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

What's the range on the IT Infrastructure Engineer I ?

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...49-b75935e9a719

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Job Seeker

My experience: 3-4 years doing helpdesk, jr network admin work

What I'm looking for: Full time, jr network admin

What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk

Where I live: Florida

Where I'm looking: Remote, Florida

When I can start: After giving two weeks notice.

Requirements: Full-time, health insurance.

Can be reached via: Forums PM