Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Looking for someone who knows how to build a website good, to build me a webcomic site with a (hopefully) fairly simple feature.

Happy to pay as long as its cheapish. (again, hopefully its not a lot of work.)

Need a quote basically. PM if your interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

H110Hawk posted:

What you are looking for is a WordPress skin. It's going to be several hundred to start and at least a thousand if you need a logo done. You might want to take your creative side to a WordPress skin building tutorial and see if you can hack it yourself. Otherwise there are threads in samart where I believe you can buy this sort of thing.

I cannot do it myself.

Ah nah I have put together a wordpress site myself before with a comic skin over the top. That poo poo aint hard and Im not looking for anything as indepth as that. Or maybe a need a feature added to the the webcomic wordpress skin. As for design Im all about that so I dont need any help with logos and poo poo. I really need a quote on a feature.

And the feature is I need the next few (3 to 5) pages preloaded so they are ready to go when the reader clicks next. It sounds pretty simple but I actually have no idea if it is or not.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

H110Hawk posted:

In that case check out "WordPress prefetch plugin" and see what you get. Most of what you want though is to cache your pages server side though so that there is nothing dynamic happening per page load. That is what makes a website snappy.

Ah dope, thanks dude.

I did put the comic up on a quick Tumblr comic skin.

https://testcomiclala.tumblr.com

The style of comic I have made makes it painful to read without near instant click through.

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 17, 2017