Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takes No Damage posted:

Trying to paying this forward, way back in 2012 I contacted the OP and begged for a job, he forwarded my resume to his supervisor and I'm still here. We've recently been bought up by a larger company and organizationally we're still in a bit of flux, but overall I think this is still a pretty good place to work.

We're an internet security company that does PKI, transaction verification, smart credential IDs, etc. These current openings are more for our hosted services so not exactly what I do, but a neighboring department. We also have another office in Ottawa but I don't see any Support jobs listed there right now.

Tech support in Dallas
Two, actually

Overall I'd say the pay and benefits are decent and management (at least on the Entrust side) are reasonable. These positions are more like server admins than what I do, but occasionally our teams do coordinate, and we keep losing people out of support who transfer over to this team so they must be doing something right...

Did I catch this post too late, or am I in time to try my luck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takes No Damage posted:

Sorry for the super late reply on this. The 2 positions I originally posted about are gone, but we are down one tech support agent as of this Monday which they claim to be backfilling ASAP (still for the Dallas office). This would be for the same position that I am so I could answer any questions, I'll post again once HR formally makes the position available.

Thanks! Ill keep an eye out!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takes No Damage posted:

OK backfill for Tech Support in our Dallas office just went up:
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/sr-techical-support-agent-1190

Looks like they're also hiring a similar position for the other products we support:
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/technical-support-agent-1189
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/tech-support-agent-1185

1190 should be more focused on our Authentication line, so 2-factor authentication stuff (enter your token code, what's your mother's maiden name etc).

1189 and 1185 are for our PKI side, which is more server and cert security.

If anyone ends up completing a submission and wants to pass me your name I can ask HR to keep an eye out for your resume. I don't check this email often but I'll keep an eye on the inbox for the next few days: 77777thatsfivesevens at gmail

Thank you, Ill take a look now!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Seeker

My experience: Application Analyst - Troubleshooting proprietary applications, evaluating requirements (and writing requirements, on a limited basis), recreating issues in UAT environment. I can do desktop / network troubleshooting as well.

What I'm looking for: Business Analyst / QA positions

What I'm NOT looking for: I'm open to anything at the moment, but the above is what I'm leaning toward.

Where I live: Dallas / Fort Worth

Where I'm looking: Dallas / Fort Worth

When I can start: 2 week notice

Requirements: No requirements, I'd like to have some nice coworkers though.

Can be reached via: PM or quote me and let me know!

eonwe fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 5, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Job Seeker

My experience: 5 years experience in IT, two of which are as a Junior sysadmin. Pretty comfortable around exchange (on prem and cloud), Skype, Teams, ADFS, Azure, etc.

What I'm looking for: Junior Sysadmin role

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk

Where I live: DFW

Where I'm looking: DFW m

When I can start: I just need to give a 2 weeks notice

Requirements: I don't have any particular major requirements.

Can be reached via: forums PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kaludan posted:

Who we are: Major Global Bank, featured in the Shadowrun tabletop as one of the hot AA corps of 2078

Where are we looking: Tampa, Florida

Position: Data Protection, DLP DAR Operations team engineer. You'll be helping manage the tool that scours Citi storage for inappropriately stored sensitive data and chase the end-users that don't respond to the automated messages or don't know how to computer. Fantastic jump into Citigroup for a professional with a security background and some office tools/scripting exp. Experience building ServiceNow automation would be a fun helpful bonus, but not expected. Would love a former MSP IT Admin or someone who knows a little bit of everything (which is where I was when I joined). Sec+ or god forbid give me someone with a proper CISSP would be fantastic too.

DM me here or Discord @ Kaludan#3601

Dang, that sounds dope except I'm in Dallas.