Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
My experience: Pretty much nothing; I've worked in a warehouse and behind a desk in a computer lab. I have vague experience coding in Java/VB.
What I'm looking for: Anything full time
What I'm NOT looking for: A few hours of work every once in a while
Where I live: Grayslake, IL
Where I'm looking: North suburbs of Chicago, even if it's an hour drive
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Standard benefits, full time, livable salary (relative to Bay Area)
Can be reached via: PM, mcnallysm@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

brc64 posted:

Maybe somebody (better at this than me) should throw together some sort of SH/SC Job Wiki where we can have both in one place.

That's actually a really good idea, as long as basically every page is locked to the person that made it.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

Hoborg posted:

We could do it anonymously: make this thread require you to be logged-in to view it (I don't know if unauthenticated people can read this thread), and each ad posts a unique code or some kind of password visible to everyone who's paid their tenbux. A forumgoer is then free to contact someone over LinkedIn or some other off-site resource and exchange the password. The ad-maker knows the responder is a goon, but doesn't know which goon.

You do have to be logged in to view any thread in SH/SC, and I like that idea.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
I'm still a college student, majoring in 'network administration and security' and I can't seem to get a job even remotely related to computers, so I'd take help desk (I could use the experience!). I also have a fancy-pants resume I made

My experience: 1 year in warehousing/shipping, 6 months monitoring a computer lab
What I'm looking for: Anything in IT
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything related to warehouses
Where I live: North/northwest suburbs of Chicago
Where I'm looking: North/northwest suburbs of Chicago
When I can start: A couple weeks notice for my current employer.
Requirements: Decent pay; I may not love my job but it's not minimum wage. Also I'll need to take night classes so maybe a flexible schedule or one that can change slightly every 4-5 months.
Can be reached via: Here, PM, gmail at mcnallysm

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

Comradephate posted:

a job

Passed this along to someone I know, thanks!