Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
That job would have been perfect, too bad I have classes everyday right in that block of time. :(

BeefofAges posted:

WD hires a lot of new grads (and even hires students as interns). Send your resume in, maybe Greg can find you a position.
Maybe I'll try that instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I guess this is worth a shot seeing as how my college isn't an offering internships or jobs currently.

I'm looking for a basic helpdesk position or any entry level IT job. I live close to Los Angeles. I have my A+ and network+ certifications. My strongest skill set is windows desktop and network troubleshooting. I've worked as a dispatcher in the past so I have experience handling angry callers. I'll also accept any offers of internship as I'm really trying to build my experience and in particular I want to work more with servers.

I'll include my resume with my address and name removed as well.

I can be PMed right here or at dropsysa at gmail dot com

Thank you,

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 7, 2012

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

rover1223 posted:

A place a few friends work at has some IT openings they're looking to fill in the very near future:

Jobs: IT Associate (entry-level Helpdesk) and a Sr. Windows Admin

See the links below for more info. Small IT team supporting end users at a software development company with 500+ person user base.

http://www.crd.com/Company/Careers/IT-Associate.aspx
http://www.crd.com/Company/Careers/Senior-Windows-Administrator.aspx

If you're interested, reply to the email listed on the above pages with your resume.

drat it, exactly what I'm looking for but I live in CA. If I wasn't going to be finished with college by early June I'd definitely be willing to apply for jobs out of state. Anyone happen to know of a helpdesk position in the Los Angeles area?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
My experience: I worked a few months as general tier 1 help desk for an online law school. I have my CCNA, and some CompTIA certs for what that's worth. I'm working on an IT degree at WGU.

What I'm looking for: I'll happy take a Tier 1 help desk position or any other entry level IT position. IT work is the only thing I'm any good at and I do miss it. Any help would really be appreciated.

What I'm NOT looking for: Telemarketing/sales

Where I live: Los Angeles, CA

Where I'm looking: The greater Los Angeles area, including Irvine, and Orange County.

When I can start: Immediately

Can be reached via: dropsysa@gmail.com or PM

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 19, 2013

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Do you like help desk? Some people just want to stay in help desk for the rest of their lives. If that makes you happy then that's great.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
So are you the hiring manager or close to the hiring manager? Will you be able to act as a reference for a good candidate or did you just post a job ad for Disney that you have no control over?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

KillHour posted:

Who we are: Up and coming player in the entertainment industry, with yearly sales of 10,000+ kilos.

Where we're located: Miami

What we're looking for: Sales, marketing, security. Must be able to pass a background check and entrance exam. Military or law enforcement experience highly desired. Must be willing to sign a non-compete. Pay is commission based.

Will payment be in cash or kilos? I've watched the Wire, Breaking Bad and Scarface multiple times so I'm definitely more than qualified to be your marketing director for this legal and completely legitimate business.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Make sure to post the regular network engineer position when that opens up too.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

bus hustler posted:

I can get the full job spec now if anyone is interested. I realize "high end support, VIPs, in person" isnt necessarily anyone's favorite role these days but I think the salary is likely to end up at $150k USD, maybe higher. Good way to make a leap & also develop other skills - my experience with Sharepoint, azure, etc. has already shot up enough that I could probably just swing into a f/t gig for one of those.

It's busy but very not abusive & appreciative of your time / value. Since april I really havent worked more than 45 hours in any one week which is square enough to me on a contract/salary gig.

What state/city in the US will this be located?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

wargames posted:

I talked with sushi and applied for teir 3 helldesk and the network admin, i am going to try and push hard for the network admin.

I would have applied too but I have family to take care of and couldn't just move. Good luck!