Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
My former company is looking to fill my position (as I'm leaving for a new position in the Pacific NW). Looking for a mid-tier or senior IT engineer for an MSP/IT Consulting firm. GREAT place to work with a lot of interesting projects and clients.

Who We Are: MSP/IT Consulting firm

About the company:
The company started in a guy's garage, building high-end PCs for companies. Now, it has grown to about 30 employees, mostly technical, working in a variety of capacities. There's a tech department that builds custom PCs for industrial clients, a full help-desk/NOC that handles much of the MSP side of things, and a team of engineers that act as escalation for the MSP guys and also handles projects for a variety of clients and technologies. We also have a hosted cloud platform (blade servers + storage in Vegas) for hundreds of users and a hosted Exchange 2010 environment that we provide for clients as well. The company is currently the best team in town for IT consulting.

Where We Are: Santa Barbara, CA (we don't do much work in LA, but cover San Luis Obispo to Ventura)

Who We Are Looking For:
Mid-level or senior IT engineer. I am leaving a senior IT engineer position, but the opening would work for a mid-level guy that wants to learn and expand. 95% of our clients use VMWare, Microsoft (AD/Exchange), and Juniper firewalls. If you know those technologies (3-4 years experience), you'll be ready to go. ShoreTel, NetApp, Juniper switching, and Citrix are other major technologies we work with.

As an IT consultant, you'll be expected to work with clients to figure out their needs, create project plans, implement servers/network/storage, document what you did, etc. You will often be setting your own schedule by communicating with clients and setting priorities. You'll have a lot of autonomy, but need to be able to get things done on a schedule. You're not sales, so you don't have to worry about finding clients; but your job is to try to keep the clients that sales finds very happy.

You'll need to be very good technically, as you'll often be designing a complete solution (servers, networking, storage) and need to understand all of the moving parts.

The Good:
Incredibly laid-back culture, with fun office events (beer brewing, chili cook-offs, fantasy football) and a very friendly environment. You'll have a ton of autonomy to learn and research new technologies and to play with dozens of different environments and configurations. You get a nice mix of working with people (if you like that) and implementing technology. The help desk/NOC handles most of the tier 1 tickets, so you're not going to be stuck replacing keyboards or fixing Office all day. Company pays for all certification exams and learning material (books or online courses, not classroom). Very technical staff with a lot of smart people to learn from. Because it's a small company, there's not a lot of red tape or politics to deal with.

The Bad:
It's IT, so there will be OT (not a ton, maybe 4-5 hours a week), and you'll be put into a weekly on-call rotation (have to stay within 1 hour of Santa Barbara at all times during that week). Most clients are between 10 users and 1,000 users, so if you're looking for mega-scale environments, you won't find them. You'll be interfacing with several customers on a regular basis, so you'll need good people skills (introverts tend to not do well at this). Everyone is expected to be familiar with a wide variety of technologies, so you won't be able to form a niche where you're "the Exchange guy" and don't have to handle VMWare installs any more. While you'll often be managing your own schedule, you're also responsible for clocking in a certain number of hours (billable or agreement) per week, so you won't be able to browse the forums full-time.

Email me at madsushi@gmail.com or shoot me a PM

I took a clipping from our ad on CraigsList, which I didn't write (because it's awful):

Would you like to be part of a highly motivated, highly technical team? Would your peers consider you "Sharp" or say that you have "Great Server and Network Problem-Solving Skills?" After you solve a server or networking problem, do you do research to ensure you fully understand all technical aspects of the problem because you naturally want to understand everything IT? CIO Solutions looking for someone that wants to work with the multiple customers and solve the hardest IT problems with a smile. The ideal candidate has 4 years of experience in IT with technologies such as Virtualization, Citrix, Exchange Migrations, SAN Technologies and Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking Protocols.

CIO Solutions is a Managed Service Provider that also provides Private Cloud Computing Services. We have a talented team that focuses on both technical expertise as well as exceptional customer service. If you can excel in a demanding technical environment and answered yes to the questions above then you might be a great fit for our team. Attached are links to some videos.

Private Cloud -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lef9qNJcI6M
About Us -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5mW8_FBvx4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
JOB POSTING
Senior IT Engineer - Cloud/Linux specialty - Seattle Area

Who we are: Bungie - a video game developer. We used to make Halo, and now we're making Destiny 2. We have between 500-1000 employees, and millions of players worldwide.

Where we are: Bellevue, WA. (remote to start, but must be willing to relocate when ~this~ is over, can NOT support permanently remote employees at this time)

What we're looking for: A Senior IT Engineer, with a focus on cloud experience and Linux experience, especially at scale.

The job is this: we have been a primarily Windows-based shop (formerly owned by MS, a lot of former MS employees) but we're working on expanding into more Linux tech (general SA, automation/orchestration, containers) and more cloud tech (we have some presence in all 3 big providers). We're looking for somebody with deep experience in one or both of these areas, especially at scale. If we want to run a fleet of 1000 Linux VMs in AWS... what do we need to know? What are the tools for doing this? What are the things NOT to do? Our IT Engineering team tends to have broad general skills (e.g. we can all handle generating our own SSL certificates and you don't need to ask somebody else to make you DNS records or anything) with a couple of specialties per person (networking, or collaboration software, or AD/Windows, etc).

For a senior position, we're looking for somebody with experience running large projects, who can handle things like a budget and talking to vendors, and somebody who can help mentor and train junior engineers in their specialties. This team is responsible for both the studio and its internal operations, as well as running the external production services for our online games.

Salary/Benefits: The salaries at Bungie are competitive for the area, especially on the IT Engineering team. The benefits at Bungie are awesome, and the best I've had in my career.

Partial list of benefits cribbed from our Careers site:
  • Competitive Salaries with Performance and Profit Sharing Bonuses
  • Excellent Domestic and International Relocation Assistance
  • 401(k) Dollar for Dollar Matching up to 6% with No Vesting Period
  • Generous Paid Time Off plan for vacation, sick days, personal wellness, and floating holidays (seriously, a lot of paid time off)
  • Comprehensive Health Insurance for Employees and Dependents (seriously, good insurance)
  • Paid Parental Leave and Back-up Child Care
  • Sometimes, you get to play video games at your desk all day
  • Very casual environment and team
  • And way way more...

FILLED

I'm happy to talk about the role or the team, and answer any questions. I can also send you a direct referral link for the position.

Other IT-related Job Postings:
Bungie IT Openings - We have a few other IT openings, I'd be happy to answer questions about any of them if you're interested in another posting.

madsushi fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 23, 2020

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
JOB POSTING
Information Security Engineer - Network security specialty - Seattle Area

Who we are: Bungie - a video game developer. We used to make Halo, and now we're making Destiny 2. We have between 500-1000 employees, and millions of players worldwide.

Where we are: Bellevue, WA. (remote to start, but must be willing to relocate within a certain time period, this is NOT a permanent remote position)

What we're looking for: An Information Security Engineer, with some experience in network security. Specifically, looking for someone with experience crafting firewall policies and ACLs, configuring and tuning networking monitoring, NAC/802.1X, and the like. It's a general InfoSec position, but these are areas that the InfoSec team could use some more experience in.

Salary/Benefits: The InfoSec salaries at Bungie are competitive for the area. The benefits at Bungie are awesome, and the best I've had in my career.

Competitive Salaries with Incentive Bonuses
Excellent Domestic and International Relocation Assistance
401(k) Dollar for Dollar Matching up to 6% with No Vesting Period
Generous Paid Time Off plan for vacation, sick days, personal wellness, and floating holidays (seriously, a lot of paid time off)
Comprehensive Health Insurance for Employees and Dependents (seriously, good insurance)
Paid Parental Leave and Back-up Child Care
Sometimes, you get to play video games at your desk all day
Very casual environment and team
And way way more...

Questions?: PM or email me at madsushi /at/ gmail.com
I'm happy to talk about the role or the team, and answer any questions.

Goons hired from this thread: 1, and counting

Other IT-related Job Postings:
Bungie Careers page - We have a few other IT openings, I'd be happy to answer questions about any of them if you're interested in another posting.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
JOB POSTINGS:
Company is growing a TON, and hiring a ton of folks, over a dozen open positions, most of which are NEW/growth. NO PERMANENT REMOTE, sorry. All of these positions require obtaining WA state residency within 45 days of hire, and could be expected to work some/all days in the office in Bellevue, WA once the office reopens post-covid (current ETA is late 2022).

Who we are: Bungie - a video game developer. We used to make Halo, and now we're making Destiny 2 (and other projects). We have over 1000 employees, and millions of players worldwide.

Where we are: Bellevue, WA. (remote to start, but must be willing to establish WA residency within 45 days, these are NOT permanent remote positions)

What we're looking for, in order of experience/seniority:
Support Team: (this is our helpdesk + basic support department)
Product Support Technician - roughly tier 2 helpdesk, multiple spots open
Associate Systems Admin - mostly system support + light tier 3 helpdesk
---
Sys Admins Team: (this is admin/maintenance/project-focused, most of these are available as either sys admin or senior sys admin levels)
Sys Admin (Networking focus) - this is working on switch configs, new switch deployments, firewall policy updates, etc
Sys Admin (Atlassian focus) - this is helping with JIRA and Confluence expansions and migrations and configurations
Sys Admin (Virtualization focus) - this is mostly VMware (migrating from HyperV), making VMs, doing migrations, tracking capacity
Sys Admin (Source control) - working with Linux and VCS systems (Perforce and Git) and their day-to-day stuff
Sys Admin (General focus) - no specific focus area, just general IT knowledge
---
IT Engineering Team: (this is design/project-focused, currently only senior-level positions available)
Senior IT Engineer (Networking/Storage focus) - this is designing network layouts, writing configs for new sites, working with IPSEC, OSPF and some light BGP, etc, also some storage infrastructure (both for storage networking and the SAN/NAS themselves)
Senior IT Engineer (Endpoint/Microsoft focus) - this is focused on endpoint management, like Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Intune, etc

Salary/Benefits: The IT salaries at Bungie are competitive for the area. The benefits at Bungie are awesome, and the best I've had in my career.

• Competitive salaries with other robust cash incentives
  • No WA State Income Tax
  • Excellent Domestic and International Relocation Assistance
  • 401(k) Dollar for Dollar Matching up to 6% with No Vesting Period
  • Generous Paid Time Off plan for vacation, sick days, personal wellness, and floating holidays (seriously, a lot of paid time off)
  • Comprehensive Health Insurance for Employees and Dependents (seriously, good insurance)
  • Paid Parental Leave and Back-up Child Care
  • Sometimes, you get to play video games at your desk all day
  • Very casual environment and team
  • And way way more...

I'm happy to talk about the roles or the teams, and answer any questions.

Goons hired from this thread: 1, and counting

madsushi fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 17, 2021

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
JOB POSTINGS:

Who we are: Bungie - a video game developer. We used to make Halo, and now we're making Destiny 2 (and other projects). We have over 1000 employees, and millions of players worldwide.

Where we are: Bellevue, WA. (for this position, hybrid/flex would be strongly preferred. Full remote could be considered, but would require some travel and on-site work a couple of times per year)

What we're looking for:
Storage Administrator

We're looking for someone to help admin our storage systems. We have a lot of SMB storage appliances (NetApp, etc), with lots of various use cases. The posting talks about a variety of storage tech (block, file, NFS, etc), but the main skill we're looking for is proficiency with SMB in a Windows environment (we can teach/train the rest). If you're familiar with SMB, NTFS permissions, DFS, Kerberos (have you ever typed in `klist` before?), etc, then you would be a good fit for this job. Obviously would be cool if you have specific storage experience too (NetApp, RAID protection, block, etc).

Salary/Benefits:
Bellevue Pay Range
$88,000—$101,000 USD
(from the job posting page)

Competitive salaries and robust incentives (salary posted in the listing)
Medical, dental, and vision plans (the best I've ever seen, personally)
Paid parental leave and back-up child care
Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
Sometimes, you get to play video games at your desk all day
Very casual environment and team
And way more...

I'm happy to talk about the roles or the teams, and answer any questions. I am happy to send over a referral link and/or talk directly to the hiring manager if you're interested.

Goons hired: 3, and counting