Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
My experience: 4 years personal and professional supporting mixed networks, including Windows servers and clients, Mac OS X clients, Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) servers and clients, FreeBSD and Solaris servers.

Varying amounts (up to 4 years) of experience, mostly personal and academic, in PHP, C#, Python, and C++; along with standard frameworks for each of those platforms (Windows Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Qt, etc). Also experience with SQLite, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.

I also have experience in IT and engineering for TV broadcast systems (Avid Media Composer, studio technology, etc), so if you're in broadcast or content creation I wouldn't be coming in blind.
What I'm looking for: Software development (web backend, desktop, you name it) or most IT. I've generally been "the IT guy" so I've never really specialized. At the moment, most likely I'd be looking for contract positions.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level IT, web design (I can do backend development but I can't design worth a poo poo)
Where I live: Southern CT.
Where I'm looking: Southern CT (Stamford/Greenwich/Bridgeport area), NYC. Willing to commute or relocate.
When I can start: Nothing is definite yet, but I'm putting my name out here to see what pops up.
Requirements: Full-time or contract, any typical benefits. If you want me to relocate, livable wage for the area.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, niteice at brownieinmotion dot net.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Hey you! Do you write software? Are you in the New York City area? Do you want an intern this summer?

My experience: Varying amounts (up to 5 years) of experience, mostly personal and academic, in C#, Python, C++, and PHP; along with standard frameworks for each of those platforms (Windows Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Qt, etc). Also experience with the major database systems (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, and SQLite). Currently pursuing a BS in computer science (also have some EE coursework...long story).

What I'm looking for: An internship this summer in software development. I like embedded systems, interesting problems, and Unixy platforms.

What I'm NOT looking for: IT work that's not related to development (e.g. CJing).

Where I'm looking: Southern CT (Stamford/Greenwich/Bridgeport area), NYC. Preferably NYC. Willing to commute or relocate.

When I can start: Mid-to-late May. I'd like to know by mid-April if I have the position.

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, derpes at brownieinmotion dot net.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 20, 2011

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Cortel posted:

That's actually a really good idea, as long as basically every page is locked to the person that made it.

I think something like that can be put together with Wikispaces. A LinkedIn group is also a way to accomplish this but I personally don't want to associate my real LinkedIn profile with SomethingAwful and I imagine most people here don't either.

...I wonder if there would be interest in making it a more general goon job fair? Or just limit it to SH/SC and subforums for now?

e: now that I think about it, a wiki is probably not the right format.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 20, 2011

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Hey you! Do you write software? Are you in the New York City area? Do you want an intern this summer? I might be your guy.

My experience: Varying amounts (up to 5-6 years) of experience, mostly personal and academic, in C#, Python, C++, and PHP; along with standard frameworks for each of those platforms (Windows Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Qt, etc). Also experience with the major database systems (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, and SQLite). Currently pursuing a BS in computer science.

What I'm looking for: An internship this summer in software development. I like embedded systems, interesting problems, and Unixy platforms. I also have a decent amount of web programming experience (primarily but not entirely ASP.NET).

What I'm NOT looking for: IT work that's not related to development (e.g. CJing). I do have sysadmin experience but I'm not all that interested in doing it.

Where I'm looking: NYC metro area (including southern CT, i.e. Stamford/Greenwich area). Willing to commute or relocate.

When I can start: Mid-to-late May.

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, me at brownieinmotion dot net.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
My experience: About 5-6 years (varying amounts) experience as a developer, sysadmin, network dude, broadcast engineer, etc. Development is mainly .NET and SQL Server but I've touched JavaScript, Java, Python, and C++ as well along with Oracle and Postgres.On the sysadmin side of things I've led several major upgrades and migrations and dealt with Windows, Solaris, Linux, VMware, and more stuff I probably can't think of. Flip side is that the only focused thing I've really done is .NET, every role before my current one has demanded being a jack of all trades. If you name a technology I may very well know something about it.

What I'm looking for: Something which makes use of my past experience and knowledge. Development or maybe not depending on the role and opportunities. Devops could be cool too.

What I'm not looking for: Front-end web development, entry level support/tech stuff.

Where I live: New Haven, CT.

Where I'm looking: New York City.

When I can start: Two weeks' notice plus relocation time.

Requirements: Competitive salary, insurance. Relocation assistance is appreciated but not mandatory.