Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heathkit
May 1, 2009
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
Company: HTC, Innovation
Qualifications: Unix/Linux experience, knowledge of Java build system, not being a Dickhole

I work in HTCs Connected Services division. Basically, we make web services for HTC phones in order to provide features that other phone manufacturers, like Samsung, may not be able to offer. Also, I heard from a guy that Samsung phones give you cancer. I don't know if it's true, that's just what I heard.

Anyway, we're looking for people with good unix skills to join our team. This means someone who can handle deploying and running software on RHEL or Ubuntu systems. We develop automated testing and build infrastructure for our other teams, so knowledge of Java build systems (ant, gradle, ivy, etc) and some degree of java programming ability is a real plus. We do have some former microsoft stack people on our team and that's fine - you just need to be willing to learn and self-motivated enough to train yourself to a certain extent. We're willing to help guide and train people, we're just really understaffed now and don't have time to hold anyone's hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU