Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
Directly ask the hiring manager how long the position is currently funded for and what type of increments his funding comes in: annually, quarterly or bi-annually (sounds like quarterly). Also ask the hiring manager if there is a finite amount of time that you can be a contractor at their company because some companies place a limit on how long they can keep a contractor. I found this out the hard way after I passed on a full time position and was let go for no reason in an at will state, but later my old boss told me it was due to the limit and not my performance. And just to be clear, ask these questions to the hiring manager and not to the agency.

Manage your life and finances as if the job will end in 3 months. If it doesn't great, and if it does you will be ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
For Christmas and in anticipation of the 2012 thread here's some good news:

2012 IT Budgets, Salaries on the Rise
Entry-level IT Jobs Will be Plentiful in 2012 Experts Predict
Dice December 2011 Hiring Survey
Can You Keep Your IT Staff in 2012?
2012 Looking Ripe for Disgruntled IT Pros to Switch Jobs

For now, let's declare The Year of the Job to be an annual event.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
Job seekers and job seek'ees might also want to check out the LinkedIn thread over in Business, Finance, and Careers. We have a LinkedIn group that's a bit over 260 members and all professions are welcome - join us and link up!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531540

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
Is it true that Amazon is an "up or out" environment? I've heard from several sources that it is.