Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
Currently looking for a job

Experience: About 3 years of desktop support stuff. I'm familiar with Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, some virtualization stuff, networking, scripting, and automation. I've got a CCNA and should be done with a CCNA Security in the next few months, hopefully.

What I'm looking for: Something that isn't entry level desktop support. I'd like to move into a junior admin/engineering role, preferably networking focused but I am flexible.

Where I am: About an hour north of Charlotte, NC. I am looking to relocate to pretty much any major city, though. Living in the country sucks.

You can reach me at nickoutlaw@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

high six
Feb 6, 2010
Job seeker:

Education: Associates in CIS, B.Sc in unrelated field.
My experience: Most recently a Jr. network admin. I've got a CCNA, Windows admin experience, Powershell, Python. I've been doing this for about 3 years now.
What I'm looking for: Pretty much anything. Preferably system administration or networking focused jobs.
Where I'm looking: Pretty much anywhere. I'm open to relocating. No kids and not married, so, I can move quickly.
When can I start: Immediately.
Requirements: I am not picky. I'm willing to do contract or contract to hiree.
Can be reached by: email nickoutlaw (at) gmail (dot) com

Basically, I got let go after a merger fell through, so, am looking for something else.

high six fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 25, 2016

high six
Feb 6, 2010
I'm back on the market as I've gotten bored and don't want to stagnate in my current position.

Experience: I've got broad experience over IT, having been a sysadmin (Both Windows and Linux), done networking, I do development on the side sometimes and a fair amount of code debugging for our devs at my current job, and a lot of scripting (Python, Powershell, C#). Currently I work at Microsoft in Azure support.

What I'm looking for: Looking for something that lets me get further into automation. I'd like to get to work with stuff like Ansible, Terraform, containers, and put my scripting/development skills to work. I've done some of this on my own but want to develop those skills further. Normally I've been interested in jobs titled something like "Site Reliability Engineer" or in the general "Devops" area. Would also be interested in a security-focused position, too.

Where I live: Western North Carolina

Where I'm looking: Would prefer remote, but open to relocating pretty much anywhere for the right job.

When can I start: Two weeks, if it's remote. Longer if I'd have to relocate.

What I really want: Not likely to switch jobs unless there's a decent bump in pay or the position is REALLY awesome

Email: noasdfghj12345678@gmail.com

high six fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 13, 2020