Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Can I get a link in the OP? Web development gig, great shop.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3138927

This is for a GREAT company, Washingtonian magazine's "top 50 places to work in the washington area" something like five or six times in the last decade?

quote:

The ideal candidate will have a background in web application development accompanied with solid .Net Development experience. The individual we hire must be interested in using industry best practices and enjoy working in a team environment to produce creative solutions.

Responsibilities

* Play an essential role in the design of new applications and integration with our existing solutions.
* Create, maintain and optimize software applications for large web based .Net solutions using Microsoft .Net, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Silverlight, Azure, and Web Services.
* Work with the business analyst following User Centered Design processes to create UML artifacts representing the design of the necessary application modules.
* Work within an agile development team following test driven development processes as they develop software to solve the business requirements.
* Work with the project manager to ensure project deliverables are met.

Qualifications

* Four (4) or more years of web based development experience and three (3) or more years of experience with ASP.NET, C#, .Net Framework is required.
* Four (4) or more years of experience with OOD, C#, Java and SQL Server and experience using User Centric design techniques are required.
* Experience in object oriented analysis, design of complex systems using UML is preferred, and familiarity with automated testing process is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and strong organizational time management skills are required.
* The ability to work on variety of projects concurrently is required, as well as the ability to learn quickly and independently and to work in a technically complex environment.
* Knowledge of higher education systems a plus.

This position is based in Buffalo, NY or Fairfax, VA. Relocation assistance may be considered for this position and remote status is not an option.

PM or post questions for details or just email your resume to blackirish01 at yahoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Hi everyone - I see that my old posting has been archived and I don't have archives, so I don't remember what jobs I posted, but we have more. A lot more!

What I'm looking for: People that want jobs
What I'm NOT looking for: People that don't want jobs
Where I live: Fairfax, VA area
Where I'm looking: Same
When I can start: Now
Requirements: Varies by position
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, pr0k_job@yahoo.com

Listing is below. Most of 'em are techical and sales and require a degree, but a few don't.

Listings attached. Please post here, and email resumes to pr0k_job at yahoo and I will link you to online apps. I'm just in it for the referral bonus, but I work at a really nice place to work. I hired a goon once for a kind of crappy job but I told him it was a crappy place upfront. He got his foot in the door in programming and now works for a major contractor. (I'm not going to out you, but feel free to post if you're looking!) Anyway, I'm at a different place now that has great benefits, good pay, and lots of security. Please feel free to ask general questions but I won't name the place on SA because I don't like work people knowing my online handle unless they are goons.

Yes I left enough clues that you could get my company's name pretty easily. Please don't, ok? Or at least don't post it. Thanks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pr0k fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 26, 2010

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Sorry, no, if it ain't in the list I ain't got it.

Our products are locally implemented, so we don't have a huge server farm to maintain, just our dev boxes and webservers and such. (One of the few companies I can think of that hasn't transitioned its "software product" offering into a "service.")

So our IT staff is pretty small.