Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Searching for a job:

Experience: 2.5+ years, primarily in C and C++, two years of that in low level, the rest in server development. Also can use Bash, familiar with Linux. Know a handful of other languages somewhat well, including Python. Familiar with the I2C and SPI data buses. Somewhat familiar with SQLs.
Desired: Embedded/low-level (close to the CPU) development. Possibly server back end.
Not Desired: Front end and web development.
Education: BS in Computer Science, (soon to have) Associates in Electrical Engineering Technology
Where I'm Looking: Milwaukee metro area, willing to commute though non-trivial distances, comparatively (if it's an hour or so away, I might do it). Madison, WI, is also an option.
When can I start: ASAP on a part time basis (still in school), full time in June 2018

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Some of us here are watching this thread for job postings relevant to their education/interests, could we please take this discussion elsewhere? Thanks.

On that note, I am still looking for a job in embedded land!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

Searching for a job:

Experience: 2.5+ years, primarily in C and C++, two years of that in low level, the rest in server development. Also can use Bash, familiar with Linux. Know a handful of other languages somewhat well, including Python. Familiar with the I2C and SPI data buses. Somewhat familiar with SQLs.
Desired: Embedded/low-level (close to the CPU) development. Possibly server back end.
Not Desired: Front end and web development.
Education: BS in Computer Science, Associates in Electrical Engineering Technology
Where I'm Looking: Milwaukee metro area, willing to commute though non-trivial distances, comparatively (if it's an hour or so away, I might do it). Madison, WI, is also an option. Relocation is ok.
When can I start: ASAP, except if relocation is needed. In that case, the earliest I can start is August

Updated!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poopernickel posted:

Who we are: Universal Audio

Available Jobs: Embedded Linux Developer

Job location: Boulder, CO

What we're looking for: UA is growing its engineering team, and we're looking for a new hire or two for our embedded Linux group. A good candidate doesn't need to have shipped embedded Linux before (although it's a big plus), but they do need solid Linux chops. Other skills that are a plus: FPGA programming, microcontrollers, Linux kernel work, board bring-ups.

We don't have job postings written up just yet, but I'm scouting in advance. UA is a great company and our Boulder office is awesome - send me a PM if you think you might be a good fit.

Check PMs