Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
Job Seeker

Experience: 8 years in IT, the last 6 have been loaned out to a joint venture as the sole on-site IT contact. From getting sites setup with networking, server admin, user setup, application deployment and web development to day to day support of both minor and major problems. Experienced in Powershell, Cisco, Microsoft. Good with the customers, better when hunting down a solution to someone's problem.

Education: Some college, never graduated. Had some certifications, they expired.

What I'm looking for: Mid-level or higher IT, technical or administrative. Something that I can have a more narrow focus than everything to everyone.

Where: Los Angeles CA, but relocation possible

When can I start: ASAP, given reasonable time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
Job Seeker, Los Angeles CA

Experience: 9 years in IT, covering mostly Microsoft domain environments covering Windows, Exchange, SharePoint, Powershell -- the greatest hits. Have a little Linux experience, but not enough to do primary. Experienced with networking, site build-out and design. ERP implementation.

What I'm looking for: Implementation, engineering or administration on a technical side, preferably not user-facing. Small-team management.

What I'm NOT looking for: Help-Desk, web development, call-center environment. Definitely not one-man-show type situations.

Where I live: South bay area, LA

Where I'm looking: Los Angeles area

When I can start: March 1

Requirements: Health insurance, full time.

Can be reached: Either PM or username at Gmail

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
Agrikk, sent an email.

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
Job Seeker

My experience: I've been in Systems Admin/Engineering roles for the past few years, with experience/focus in virtualization, automation and scripting. Experienced in Hyper-V and VMware, as well as on the networking side where I have experience with Cisco networking gear.

What I'm looking for: System engineering/administration role with a team, preferably not customer facing

Where I live: Los Angeles, CA

Where I'm looking: Los Angeles, from downtown to Santa Monica down to Orange County. Would consider relocation for the right offer.

When can I start: Immediately

Requirements: Full-time, health

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
I'm tired of MSPs.

My experience: 15 years in IT, last three as senior engineer at a national MSP. Handled everything from pre-sales technical writing, network, cloud and systems architecture, project implementation. Also escalations. So many escalations. Last few years have been doing mentorship and defining the engineer role company wide.
What I'm looking for: A job focusing on automation and DevOps / Infrastructure engineering, cloud or on-prem. I'd consider a management role.
What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk, MSP, or something with a lot of driving local driving.
Where I live: Los Angeles area
Where I'm looking: Los Angeles area, or remote
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.
Can be reached via: PM, on gmail.com at username