Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

My Situation: Company just laid off a large chunk of people, to the point where those of us remaining are scared this is the beginning of the end. I am looking to see if there are any jobs that are very attractive to me before I get to the point of being desperate for a job after having been laid off.

My Experience: 10 years in Network Monitoring/Systems Administration. Background with Linux/Unix administration, Cisco administration/troubleshooting, and Perl scripting. Also have working knowledge of F5 Networks Big-IP, and Citrix Netscaler loadbalancers. My current position has me as "Senior NOC Engineer", but that entails everything from network monitoring and troubleshooting to writing Perl scripts to support junior NOC engineers with day to day tasks, as well as more involved projects like writing a whole network monitoring system in Perl.

What I'm looking for: I would like to move more into the Systems/Tools Engineering side of things. I enjoy programming much more than day to day maintenance, but I will take whatever. A job that offered any type of telecommuting options would be a big plus, as well as 4 or fewer day work weeks.

What I'm NOT looking for: Junior type positions, help desk, answering phones, tier 1 support, etc.

Where I'm looking: Massachusetts. Boston, Springfield, Worcester, wherever. I live in Worcester, which makes me central to just about everything.

Requirements: Benefits (health really), 401k would be a plus

Can be reached via: PM or david.gates at gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU