Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

My experience: Graduated from Louisiana State University in December 2007 with a B.S in Computer Science, Got a job right out of college as a software engineer at Antares Technology Solutions. Worked there for about 7 months but left to return to graduate school. Currently enrolled as a Graduate Student at the University of Oregon, going for my CS Masters. I have college experience working with Java, Python, Django, C/C++, MySQL... a lot of stuff. I have professional experience with the big .NET languages (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET), and T-SQL, along with the suite of Microsoft developer software (Visual Studio, SQL Manager, blah blah blah). I also did the computer repair game for awhile in college so I know how to fix software/hardware problems.

What I'm looking for: To be honest anything at this point... Part time is almost definitely a must though, its gotta work around my grad student schedule (though I only plan on doing school part time, a lot of classes are in the middle of the day). Computer repair, software engineering... he'll I'd even do an intern thing at a software company if it was paid.

What I'm NOT looking for: Full time developer positions, sorry even if they were willing to let me go to classes in the day for a few hours, I don't think I could swing programming that long every day :(

Where I live: Eugene Oregon

Where I'm looking: Eugene Oregon

When I can start: June 2009

Requirements: A salary, benefits would be nice but I just need some money coming in :(

Can be reached via: claytonc *at* cs *dot* uoregon *dot* edu or FFu 0 k on aim (yes its an embarrassing screen name I've had it for like 8 years shut up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Who we are: Geocent is a software developer/IT support contracting company. They mainly do contracts for federal and state government.

Where we are: Mainly in New Orleans Louisiana, but there are positions in Covington, Baton Rouge, and Slidell LA. There are also a variety of positions scattered about, DC, Rhode Island... check the careers page.

Who we're looking for: drat near everyone. Geocent is desperate for new people (not due to the turnover, they're just expanding), they want 50 new developers by the end of the year. I'm one of those recent hires :)

They offer competitive salaries, good benefits (healthcare + vision and dental), a decent amount of time off... Too much to summarize here, so I'd suggest anyone interested go to http://www.geocent.com/Pages/Default.aspx

If you want to apply do it on their website and then probably give them a call the next day, I'm sure they'll be happy to hear from you. I get cash money for referring people if they stay on for 90 days so if you're applying please shoot me a pm AIM message (FFu 0 k). I currently live in New Orleans and would be happy to help anyone interested in relocating find an apartment, offer advise on where to live, etc.

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 7, 2010

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

couldcareless posted:

Definitely interested here. Is there anymore info you can give me regarding the positions available?

Edit: I am dumb, reading them on the site now, thanks much! Also, what's up fellow NOLA goon!

Sure thing. I've actually only recently moved back to New Orleans, I was in Eugene getting my Master's in Computer Science. Its good to be back :)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

trotski posted:

Am I just dumb or do you not have PMs? Tried shooting you one, but no luck. Very interested in this and I have a couple questions for you, can you email me at: itinker88 (at)gmail(dot)com ?

Thanks!

Oh I guess I did say PM... I meant AIM (FFu 0 k). But yeah lemme know if you have any questions