Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Donuts
Oct 3, 2003

You know what time it is.

Tigren posted:

Got a listing for the junior position? What kind of requirements are you guys looking for?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=382296560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Donuts
Oct 3, 2003

I'm a sysadmin at a small-ish company, but my company is being purchased by a much larger firm on Jan 1 and I'm being slotted back into a Desktop Support position. The pay is perfectly acceptable (read: more), but as I was promoted out of Desktop Support a year ago, I'd really rather not go back. That means it's time to test the job market waters, so here we go!

My experience: 11+ years of Desktop Support, plus varying degrees of systems administration. For the past year I've been the systems administrator for a small-ish company (~250 people, 20 servers). My certs are A+, Network+, MCSE, and I'm currently working on my CCNA and Security+.
What I'm looking for: System/Network Admin (Junior level would be perfectly fine).
What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk, or a solely Desktop Support role at a large company (However I would be more than happy being an all-in-one IT guy at a smaller company).
Where I live: San Diego. However I'm originally from New Jersey and have been seriously considering moving back East to NYC. A job would seal the deal!
Where I'm looking: San Diego, New York City
When I can start: I'd like to give 2 weeks notice at my current job.
Requirements: Health Insurance, Benefits.
Can be reached via: A PM, or punkindonuts at gmail dot com

Punkin Donuts
Oct 3, 2003

wwb posted:

We are hiring a Systems Administrator in Washington, DC for a major industry trade association. You have seen our ads. This is frankly a wet dream of an operating environment -- we have a very, very well funded department with very, very minimal red tape. You get the chance to work on some interesting, cutting-edge projects [raise your hand if you have IPv6 in your office?]. The management team -- my boss and I -- are both jaded, dyed in the wool IT types who will keep the suits off your back and will never sell you down the river. Now, we do work very hard here, but you get to see the results first hand. Etc, etc.

Here be the job description:

Interested? Email me at wyatt dot barnett at gmail

Email sent!