Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

brc64 posted:

I wish I had known that, because I got all excited when the recruiter said the estimate I gave for how much I wanted to make sounded good. I guess I should have aimed higher.

One of the questions the recruiter asked was if I had experience with Windows 2000 (my resume lists 2003 and 2008), and I said yes, so she asked if she could edit that part to say 2000-2008 instead. So I guess I can confirm this.

I'm a little bit more uneasy about this now, but it's still a job with a good company with good benefits if I land it full time, so I'm not going to lose all hope just yet. Hell, I haven't even spoken with anybody there yet, so all of this worrying may be for nothing, but at least now I have a better idea of what I'm getting into. Thanks for the replies.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Unless they are expecting you to relocate across the country for 3 months so that you might almost maybe get a full time job, just take the hourly rate, and keep looking. You can always quit if it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
We are currently looking for someone to fill a contract that will last 4-6 months and pay pretty decently, that will be mostly remote, with possibly some travel to the UK. (if you live in the UK the on-site stuff will be in London.)

What we need is someone who is super comfortable and familiar with Foundry Switches and Juniper Routers. We run an all Cisco shop in the US, so you will be our eyes for handling a few MPLS hand-offs and managing the foundry gear.

It will be basically name your own price, if you know your poo poo, you will be compensated accordingly. But again the stuff in the UK is purely Foundry, and that is what we need the expertise in. If you are also comfortable with NetApp equipment that is a plus.

So to summarize:
Network Engineer Contractor experience with Foundry & Juniper that will be mostly remote.
If you are comfortable and familiar with NetApp that is a plus.
If you live in the UK that can't hurt, if you don't its fine as pretty much everything will be remote.

If you think you fit the bill then send me an email at usedaegis at live dot com.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

brc64 posted:

Given the format I use in the first post, what should I put for location for this? It sounds like the things being supported are in the UK, but the applicant doesn't specifically need to be? Should I just list the location as Misc/Internet?

Oh yea, sorry about that. For location just put it in misc.