Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

I killed your cat, you druggie bitch.
Ruby on Rails job in Austin, TX

http://trionworld.com/career.php?jid=94

PM me for details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Senior Windows Systems Engineer, Austin, TX
http://www.trionworld.com/career.php?jid=96

We are looking for an exceptional Senior Windows Systems Engineer to help manage the infrastructure for our corporate and game environments. The Senior Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for defining and establishing system administration functions for server infrastructure including Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, deployment automation, high availability, patch management and disaster recovery. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.

RESPONSIBILITIES

* Manage DNS, DHCP, DFS and Active Directory services on Windows 2003 and 2008
* Support a multi-site Exchange 2007 environment
* Support multiple groups by engineering, deploying, and managing a distributed, fault tolerant infrastructure
* Install and configure new software and hardware as required
* Write and manage technical documentation, policies and procedures
* Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions
* Conduct disaster recovery and business continuity planning
* Help define and establish common and advanced system administration functions
* Develop project plans related to capacity management, disaster recovery and user management

REQUIREMENTS

* Extensive experience with Microsoft Server 2003/2008 and Exchange 2007
* Very strong understanding of Active Directory and GPO management in multiple forests
* Solid understanding of complex IP networks
* Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management, project management, and conflict resolution
* Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
* Experience with VMware Infrastructure and Altiris Deployment Solution a plus
* 5+ years real-world experience implementing and managing enterprise technology projects ideally in a 24/7 environment
* MSCE, MCTS, or MCITP certification
* BA/BS in any area of sciences or engineering

How do I apply for this position?

Send your resume and relevant material to: careers@trionworld.com.
Please put first name/last name: Title of position in the subject line of your email.

Please note: All job inquiries and résumés submitted to Trion World Network, Inc. will be treated in confidence, provided that Trion World Network, Inc. shall have the right to use the personal information contained therein to contact you and for internal evaluation purposes.

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Who are we? Trion World Network

Where are we? Austin, TX

Job Title Workstation Support Technician

Job Description

Says HR: "We are looking for an exceptional Workstation Support Technician to provide quality service to an expanding office of computer game developers. This employee will apply their broad technical skills to resolve end-user issues, to keep user systems running smoothly and efficiently. Ideal candidates will have a strong technical background, exceptional people and communication skills, experience with enterprise software acquisition and license management, and the ability to work independently and autonomously.

Responsibilities

* Accept incoming tickets and escalate to members of the team when necessary
* Respond to user support requests as they arrive in the IT helpdesk system to keep up with SLAs
* Install, configure, test, troubleshoot and repair workstations and computer peripherals
* Interact with vendors and peers to resolve technical problems with hardware and software
* Recommend and perform hardware and software upgrades; purchase and install new hardware, software, and computer peripherals as needed
* Perform upgrades and administration tasks such as backup and recovery, user account management, and operating system and application patch management
* Perform basic Active Directory and Exchange Server 2007 administration
* Assist in developing and implementing standards, procedures and processes for end-user support and training, hardware and software acquisition
* Work with VoIP telephony systems, WiFi Networks, video conferencing gear, and basic network infrastructure

Requirements

* At least 3 years of experience supporting workstations in a corporate environment
* The ability to work independently to proactively identify and act on tasks and projects
* The ability to enthusiastically deliver a prompt, professional response and timely resolution to all requests for service; the ability to manage conflicting priorities without compromising quality
* Strong familiarity with computer workstations running Windows XP and Microsoft Office
* Experience managing software deployments and licenses in an enterprise environment
* Some experience with Windows 2003 Server, Windows-based DNS and DHCP, Active Directory Group Policy, TCP/IP and routing concepts, and Microsoft file and print sharing
* The ability to learn quickly, document thoroughly and dispense information within the IT department
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within IT support such as general helpdesk and tracking system concepts
* The ability to proactively identify and resolve software, hardware, and network problems
* Great written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional documentation skills are an absolute requirement
* Expert knowledge of Windows XP and Windows Vista
* A+ Certified is a plus (however proven hands on experience can over-ride any certifications)
* Must have the ability to work independently, and have excellent communication skills

Additional Requirements

* Must be flexible on work hours, though most work will be done between 9:00 and 6:00
* May be assigned “on-call” status evenings and weekends for special projects as required
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds with no limitations to perform tasks such as carrying furniture and equipment and performing installations

Benefits competitive salary and a generous benefits that includes medical, dental, 401K, vision and all the soda you can drink.

Why work for us? Casual work environment, and you'll be rubbing elbows with some of the best and brightest people in the gaming industry. You run the show in Austin, supporting roughly 60 users and 100+ high end workstations. The last job posting I made on SH/SC we ended up hiring from.

JOB FILLED. THANKS FOR PLAYING.

brent78 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 14, 2009

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Who are we? Trion World Network

Where are we? Austin, TX

Job Title Ruby on Rails Developer

Job Description

Says HR: "The RoR Developer will build, test, de-bug, and troubleshoot Web applications for a wide range of projects on the Ruby on Rails platform.

Will Relocate!

Responsibilities

* Design and implement RoR applications
* Work with QA and Operations to test and publish those applications, including creating functional tests and documentation
* Facilitate integration with other software systems
* Use problem solving skills to find solutions and drive a project forward
* Follow best practices for rails development
* Assist with special projects as assigned
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor

Requirements

* 2+ years of experience creating web applications
* 1+ year experience with the Ruby language and the Rails framework; must have a mastery of the entire Ruby on Rails stack
* Strong experience designing and optimizing databases
* Must have excellent problem solving, time management, and detail oriented skills
* Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with normal levels of supervision
* Solid written and oral communication skills
* Must have a strong foundation in object oriented programming and practices
* Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience

Benefits competitive salary and a generous benefits that includes medical, dental, 401K, vision and all the soda you can drink.

Why work for us? Casual work environment, and you'll be rubbing elbows with some of the best and brightest people in the gaming industry.

Send your resume to me, brent@trionworld.com

brent78 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 15, 2009

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

draccio posted:

Do you offer relocation assistance?
Yes, we do.

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Hiring in: Austin, TX

Who we are: Video game developer / publisher. http://www.trionworlds.com/

Looking For:

This position just opened up and will be on our website next week. If you have data center experience your resume immediately moves to the top of my pile.

SENIOR WINDOWS SYSTEMS ENGINEER

We are looking for an exceptional Senior Windows Systems Engineer to help manage the infrastructure for our corporate and game environments. The Senior Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for defining and establishing system administration functions for server infrastructure including Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, deployment automation, high availability, patch management and disaster recovery. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.

RESPONSIBILITIES

- Manage DNS, DHCP, DFS and Active Directory services on Windows 2003 and 2008.
- Support a multi-site Exchange 2007 environment.
- Support multiple groups by engineering, deploying, and managing a distributed, fault tolerant infrastructure.
- Install and configure new software and hardware as required.
- Write and manage technical documentation, policies and procedures.
- Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions.
- Conduct disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Help define and establish common and advanced system administration functions.
- Develop project plans related to capacity management, disaster recovery and user management.
- Provide after hours and on-call support.
- Completing work requests received through the help desk ticketing system.

REQUIREMENTS

- Extensive experience with Microsoft Server 2003/2008 and Exchange 2007
- Very strong understanding of Active Directory and GPO management in multiple forests
- Demonstrated expertise of TCP/IP, subnets and routing
- Proven success in deploying and managing enterprise-class hardware in a 7x24 environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management, project management, and conflict resolution
- Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
- Experience with Perforce, VMware, 10GbE networks, HP Proliant servers and blades a plus
- 5+ years real-world experience implementing and managing enterprise technology projects ideally in a 24/7 environment
- Proven ability to develop architecture and provide design oversight that incorporates high availability, operations supportability and scalability to a high volume, rapidly growing IT organization
- MSCE, MCTS, or MCITP certification
- BA/BS in any area of sciences or engineering

Benefits: Cushy work environment. Medical, Dental, 401k, Paid Vacation, etc..

Opening Date: ASAP, send your resume to me, brent@trionworlds.com

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Who we are: Video game developer & publisher. http://www.trionworlds.com/

Looking For Linux nerd:

SENIOR LINUX ENGINEER

Trion Worlds is searching for an exceptional Senior Linux Systems Engineer to help manage the infrastructure for our corporate and game environments. The Senior Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for defining and establishing system-administration functions for server infrastructure, including Linux, deployment automation, high availability, and disaster recovery. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.

RESPONSIBILITIES

- Support Linux servers in the corporate and datacenter environments
- Support multiple groups by designing, deploying, and managing a distributed, fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Install and configure new software and hardware as required
- Write and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures
- Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions
- Conduct disaster-recovery and business-continuity planning
- Help define and establish common and advanced system-administration functions
- Develop project plans related to capacity management, disaster recovery and user management
- Provide after hours and on-call support
- Complete work requests received through the help-desk ticketing system

REQUIREMENTS

- Experience with Redhat Enterprise based Linux Distributions
- Strong understanding of Kerberos, LDAP, DNS, Apache, RPM / YUM
- Familiarity with Storage Area Networks, iSCSI protocol and multipath in Linux
- Familiarity with GSLB and SLB concepts
- Solid understanding of complex IP networks
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management, project management, and conflict resolution
- Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
- Experience with VMware Infrastructure, 10 GbE, HP Proliant Blades and Windows server a plus
- 5+ years real-world experience implementing and managing enterprise technology projects ideally in a 24/7 environment
- BA/BS in any area of sciences or engineering

Benefits: We're a video game company, do I really need to say more?

Opening Date: Send your resume to careers@trionworlds.com

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Who we are: Video game developer & publisher. http://www.trionworlds.com/

We have a whole lot of jobs open right now, many of these are in my department.
Ruby On Rails Software Developer
Senior Systems Engineer
NOC Manager
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Systems Administrator
SQL Server Database Administrator
Senior Network Engineer

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

brc64 posted:

Any idea if it's worth applying from out of town. I'm just north of Dallas, but I'd be willing to consider relocating for the right job (and I've heard Austin is pretty awesome).
I have no problem relocating someone.

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Deviant posted:

Applied as a NOC Computer Operator, and Technical Systems Analyst.

PM me your name, so I can find your resume. Thanks

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

dustgun posted:

Would you provide travel for interviews if it came to that? I'm seriously thinking about applying for the rails position, but wouldn't want to waste anyone's time.
If you make it that far in the interview process, we will fly you here all expenses paid.

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

Want to work for a video game company?

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/careers/austin/Senior-Production-Support-Engineer.php

Senior Production Support Engineer

All jobs posted are located in the United States of America. If you are not a United States citizen, you will need a work visa to work in the United States.

Trion Worlds is seeking a Production Support Engineer with knowledge and experience in many areas of information technology to help manage infrastructure for our online games. The Production Support Engineer will provide expert consultation for the design, development, and implementation of technical products and systems, and will be a top-level contributor in the operations support center. In addition, they will enjoy a wide degree of creativity and latitude on a number of complex projects and tasks. The ideal candidate is a recognized leader with eight or more years of information technology experience, and four or more years supporting online games or services.

RESPONSIBILITIES

* Provide Tier 2/3 support for one or more channels
* Act as subject-matter expert for one or more channels
* Gather, analyze, and report important channel data
* Provide summarized feedback to channel stakeholders regarding the status of a channel
* Develop and manage channel-related IT procedures
* Research, review, analyze, troubleshoot, and document channel-related IT systems
* Provide channel-related IT training

Requirements

* Minimum eight years’ related IT experience, and minimum four years’ experience supporting online games or services
* Proficient with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures
* Able to plan and successfully complete IT projects and goals
* Proficient in multiple IT disciplines
* Excellent programming and scripting skills
* Able to present ideas clearly to executives and personnel on levels of the development process
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* On-call, 24/7 availability
* Available to travel approximately four weeks every year
* BA/BS in a related field

It says 4 years of online games experience, but really 4 years of supporting any production, customer facing online services is sufficient. Send me your resumes, brent@trionworlds.com. We have lots of other jobs open, anything in Austin I have influence over, so cruise around on our careers page a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

We are going to be posting a job for a vBulletin nija in Austin, TX. Wanted to get it out there in advance in case any of you are interested. Email me, brent@trionworlds.com