Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

ElGroucho posted:

Guys! We are looking for a Help Desk dude!

Who we are: A mid-size Integrated Chip manufacturer!

Where we are: Austin, TX

Who we are looking for: Entry level IT. Recent grad preferred, but not required. Be as local as possible. Bachelor's degree required, science degree preferred - 0 years of IT experience required. Are you your friends and families IT guy? Apply!

The Good: Downtown Austin, buddy. Great location, good pay, great benefits. Very rarely work outside of 8-5 block.

The Bad: Little fires all the time! Once a month, week-long pager rotation for late night emergencies. You'll have to work with me.

Contact: PM me here, or email me at jose-magallanes@live.com
I'd apply but no degree and not local. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Nibilus posted:

Who are we?
One of the largest Collision Repair companies in the Nation (US).

Where are we?
Corporate Office in the North Dallas/Frisco Area, slightly west.

What are we looking for?
I am looking for a Tier 1-3 capable helpdesk team member at our corporate office. We have a specialized helpdesk environment that is more then just basic hardware/desktop support. Its a mix of Systems Administration and helpdesk support. Pay is between 22/hr to 25/hr plus overtime and must be able to work every 4th or 5th Saturday. General phone call assistance, 90% break/fix, 10% projects. Yearly raises, "OK" benefits, and a great team.

We would like someone who has a basic understanding of prioritizing tickets and a basic understanding of Active Directory and MS Office. We say we want a Associates or 3 years equiv of work experience, but i do not care, you have to be the type of person who wants to be at this job or you will not like it. We can only make you laugh so much to enjoy it.

Position is for immediate filling or within a few weeks. This position must be filled by first week or second week of March.

If you are interested PM me, i will send you the career location to submit resume and do an application. Please Note: I may or may not do the interview, and you will not report to me. The only thing i will need to know is when you submit it and your name so i can pull it to the top of the list.
Interested, but you don't have PMs enabled.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

My Experience: retail and small shop desktop support. Family stuff, etc. Lots of knowledge, but not with heavy server stuff.

What I'm looking for: Entry level IT, be it help desk or whatever. Looking to escape California and need a solid landing zone with room to grow.

What I'm NOT looking for: temp work, part time

Where I live: California

Where I'm looking: DFW, preferably Dallas side

When I can start: 2 weeks from offer; just enough time to give notice while making arrangements and to make the move

Requirements: full time, some benefits

Email: stuart AT username dot com or PM

e: got a job. Looking for a new one, though.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 6, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

pr0digal posted:

And because HR requested that I do this have a EEO disclaimer
I'm not an English major, but that sentence is really hard to read without a comma or semicolon and proper a/an usage.

\/\/\/
Thanks, I'm now on our ITs applications mailing list and some of the resumes are making me cringe. Seriously, spellcheck. And if you are applying for a help desk position you should be capable of attaching your resume instead of a shortcut to your hard drive. :ughh:
And no person on the planet should have this line on their resume:
"Objective: To seek a position utilizing my skills"

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 12, 2014

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

JOB SEEKER

Education: Self-taught
My Experience: 2 years on-site for big box store, 2 year doing repair work at a mom-n-pop place, 2 years helpdesk at a 200 person co (half users split between 2 offices, other half remote)
What I'm looking for: Full time help-desk, growth potential
What I'm NOT looking for: [null]
Where I'm looking: Remote preferred, or Seattle/Dallas
When can I start: 2 weeks notice
Requirements: Full-time, standard benefits package
Can be reached via: PM or stuart@[username].com

I'm happy where I am but the helpdesk is overmanned, there's no growth potential in the company, and I want to escape CA. Remote/WFH would be preferred where I can move locations at my own pace, but a position in Seattle or Dallas would be acceptable as well.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

madsushi posted:

Other IT-related Job Postings:
Bungie IT Openings - We have a few other IT openings, I'd be happy to answer questions about any of them if you're interested in another posting.
Anything you can add to the associate sys admin listing? I mentioned it to the wife and she perked up about Seattle area being a possibility.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Job Seeker

My experience: 3-4 years doing helpdesk/jr sys admin work

What I'm looking for: Full time, internal/client-facing (not general public) helpdesk or jr sysadmin

What I'm NOT looking for: Public-facing

Where I live: Iowa

Where I'm looking: Remote, East Idaho (Pocatello) or Wyoming (Casper or Cheyanne)

When I can start: After giving two weeks notice.

Requirements: Full-time, health insurance.

Can be reached via: Forums PM or jobs@username.com

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

Hello!

I get to hire another minion into my team!! :dance:
PM me or email me with questions. Emails probably preferred right now so I can properly document poo poo. You can reach out to k d e v i t a (at) nethealth.com with your questions.
Is this internal support or customer support?

I'll probably shoot you an email later today.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

It's internal support only -- I've only had to deal with external clients a couple of times, and it was in a really really unusual emergency sort of situation.

I guess the possibility exists that we would end up working with an external client's IT team to troubleshoot some sort of communications email (e.g. email not reaching recipients, issues with web meetings), but that's not come up for the almost four years I've been with the company.

If they don't hear back from me within a day of them contacting me, let me know, as our Exchange filter is a little overzealous at times.
Sounds good. Shot you an email.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

My baby IT position is now posted for applications: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...bf-274b3e5ae24d

Let me know if you have any questions. Salary range is $40 - 45k.
Got another offer coming within the next couple working days, but applied anyway because goons. Put you as the referral too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

My current opening has been filled by an internal candidate, but I really hope your brother can catch a break and land on his feet sooner rather than later. I so feel for him. :smith:

Couple of other openings at the company:

Software Engineer II
Software Engineer III

Let me know if I can answer any questions about these roles. Happy to harass recruiting on your behalf!
If anything pops up on the infra team LMK. I liked what I read about the company.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Remote?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Nulldevice posted:

We have two days on site, but it's flexible. We have strict covid policies if that's a concern.
But you still need to be local to the area, is what he is asking.
Id be asking the same, as those sound interesting.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

madsushi posted:

JOB POSTINGS:
Company is growing a TON, and hiring a ton of folks, over a dozen open positions, most of which are NEW/growth. NO PERMANENT REMOTE,
Associate Systems Admin - mostly system support + light tier 3 helpdesk
---
I'd apply if it was full remote. No interest in Seattle after the BS last summer. Would could do CDA/Spokane...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

My MSP is looking for additional helpdesk or T2 level people. Pay is mediocre at best, but its full remote and a good group of people (except myself, obviously). Helpdesk is phones and triage (you won't be bored), t2 avoids any on-call. Send a PM if interested.

Yes, 'Im looking for a better-paying position elsewhere, but the company is solid.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

No remote, right?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

DigitalMocking posted:

or full-time remote work in all US states except for: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia.
That's an interesting list. Why those states?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

It's early yet as the job description hasn't even come together, but my team (internal IT service desk) will soon be looking for a new manager. I'm stepping down from the role because it's been 2.5 years of slowly driving me crazy, but if you love responsibility and being the "face" of IT -- and have some interest in really shaping the future of the service desk -- then this might be your role.

Team is small at just the 4 of us. I am likely to stick around as your team lead, so you will probably have a fairly easy time with this crew. Two of us are goons.

The CIO you'd report to is legitimately a great guy.

It'll be fully remote and pay >$80k...please PM if you'd like to know more.

Regardless, I'll share the posting here for anybody who might be interested once it goes live.
I swear you just keep reading me with these, but I might throw my hat in the ring again.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

DigitalMocking posted:

Who we are: Columbia Sportswear.
Where we are: Portland Oregon, but both of these jobs are available fully remote in most states in the US. The follow states aren't eligible for remote work: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
I have two positions open.

---

Job title: Systems Engineer II (Windows/VMWare/Generalist)
Brief Job Description: The primary goal of this position is to maximize reliability, availability, and performance of the business' infrastructure, both on-premises and in various cloud providers. This is a mostly technical and operations (maintenance and break/fix) based role, you will work with various teams on both short- and long-term improvement projects.
Compensation: ~110k base +5% bonus and the usual large corporation compensation bonuses (401k match, medical, dental etc)
Job listing should be up within a week.
Why not Iowa?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

sixth and maimed posted:

My company is looking for a Network & Systems Engineer in the US to help support our growing team and customers there. The position is fully remote. Our company is a niche market leader for MIS systems for the label and folding carton printing business.

Details can be found here: https://www.cerm.net/jobs.
Interested, but the pay would be a question mark. Duties seem pretty mixed between triage and admin.

What can you tell me about working for them?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Happiness Commando posted:

I haven't looked at those jobs in a while but surely you could make 60k as t2/ Jr sysadmin?
That was my first thought too. $40k seems awfully low for that experience.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

LionYeti posted:

My Experience: 10 years of some kind of technical support, 6 years of that being Desktop Service/help desk and then 2 of that being Jr Systems Admin work on top of Help Desk. Was A+ Certified and could probably easily get it again. I did a bunch of Active Directory support, on boarding and off boarding. I spun up a Microsoft Intune instance at my old job. I have dealt with Microsoft 365 , Slack Administration, Azure AD and Google Workspace in the cloud space. I coordinated 2 office moves and 2 windows 7 to 10 transitions at other jobs. Took care of everyone from new hires to CEO at all previous jobs. Been promoted multiple times throughout my career and love to fix stuff.

What I'm looking for: The opportunity to learn the server and virtualization stuff that I haven't gotten to round out my skill set. The opportunity to fix problems.
What I'm NOT looking for: Not looking for 1099 contract work or any contract below 1 year in length
Where I live: Denver Colorado fine to commute anywhere in the metro area
When I can start: Today just got laid off so its a little more urgent.
Requirements: 401k Medical Dental Decent PTO 70k or above for w2 90 for 1099 contract
Can be reached PM's or corbin.greene21@gmail.com
I've a similar history so let me know if you find something interesting, remote or Loveland/Greelee/FoCo. Not there yet but looking to make the jump at some point.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Interesting posting, but I've never touched kubernetes and don't live local. You can round trip non-stop same day DEN-SEA for $400 though...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Walked posted:

really surprised

I'm an Engineering Manager

One of the screening questions we ask is (via zoom, it gets sent in text too):
"Is 146.289.22.155" a valid IP address? Why or why not?

I'd say about 50% get the first half, and maybe 10% can get close to answering (and maybe all the way there with a little probing/small help), and less than 5% actually can answer with some actual depth. These are applicants for senior roles that specifically ask for cloud and networking experience.

you just might be surprised.

No, 255 max per octet (8 bits, 0-255).

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Moey posted:

Rat farts.

If you were up i70 some I could pitch you a position or two.

You don't happen to already have a place (or access to) up in Summit, do ya? Housing market has murdered most folks chances to relocate here.
Post what ya got. I'm trying to relocate to CO, location anywhere from Foco down to CO springs but could go west some easily. Same general experience and wants.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Hotel Kpro posted:

I can DM some stuff, though it would be with a large hospital group
I'm at a health adjacent place now. I'd at least look at it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Hotel Kpro posted:

St Anthony's Lakewood, St Anthony North, St Elizabeth, and Longmont.
Applying for a couple spots with them (I think, the name isn't quite a match). We'll see if anything pops.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

I might just apply to this, hope you aren't offended Branch
Good luck. They sent a nicely worded "no" to me this morning.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

DeathSandwich posted:

The bigger problem is that there was only about 3-4 positions that were both in that pocket and didn't require DoD clearance level - there's an air force base here and a lot of the work is military IT contractors of various stripes - from Boeing / Raytheon manufacturing to various groups that work directly on-base.
My wife is gung ho on Colorado springs and it's the same thing, money would be decent but there's 5 military bases in the city, all the IT jobs need clearance that I don't have and they don't want to pay for when there is such a giant supply of pre-cleared personnel around for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

skipdogg posted:

My org is starting to hire a bit now, but I would say we're looking for more midlevel folks instead of senior, and we're holding to the 4 days a week in office requirement. So things are a little different, but we are starting to hire again. Last year we did a small rif and froze most hiring. I'm in the insurance/financial services sector, so still doing ok
Wouldn't turn down mid-level if it's got some WFH flexibility and is Denver/CO springs area.