Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
My experience: 10 years of experience in technical support on Mac and PC platforms, as well as some experience in Windows system administration. Currently working at HP in support for xw and Z series workstations; seeking other opportunities due to a lack of advancement opportunities and no option to telecommute.
Education/Certifications: MCSE and MCSA; Used to be CCNA but it has expired. A+.
What I'm looking for: Advanced technical support in either software or hardware as well as light system administration. Telecommuting would be a major plus for me.
What I'm NOT looking for: Basic help desk or call center type positions. Small companies are fine but I'm not looking to join a sinking ship; I have gotten burned twice before with companies that failed/laid me off due to financial problems.
Where I live: Atlanta metro west.
Where I'm looking: Atlanta metro area plus telecommuting jobs from anywhere.
When I can start: I would need two weeks notice but otherwise, right away.
Requirements: At least $20 an hour 1099 or W2.
What is Unique About Me: I have excellent problem solving skills and I learn new systems and software quickly. I also have very good customer service "soft skills" and I frequently receive very positive feedback from my customers.
Can be reached via: email at quantumfoam at gmail dot com; resume and references are available upon request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Job Seeker

My Experience: I have been in the IT field since 2000. Over the past decade or so I have gained experience with a wide variety of hardware and software. My strengths are in Windows Server/Active Directory administration and broadly, problem solving. I enjoy digging into difficult technical problems and figuring things out. I enjoy learning new things. I also have extensive TCP/IP networking experience, as well as Cisco experience (I was CCNA certified but it expired a while back). I have some exposure to Linux administration, primarily with Debian. Recently I have also picked up Powershell scripting. I also have basic DBA skills including SQL2005/2008. I also have specialized skills and several years of experience with IT as it relates to dentistry, including practice management and digital x-ray imaging.

Education/Certifications: I do not have a degree, and this has never held me back. I have MCSE and MCSA certifications.

What I'm looking for: Junior sysadmin, primarily Windows/AD. The range I'm looking for is $25/hour+ equivalent. Exposure to new things that I want to learn, such as SANs and virtualization.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helldesk. I've done my time on the phone, and I am so through with it. Never again.

Where I live: Metro Atlanta, GA.

Where I'm looking: Within the Metro Atlanta area, but with a few exceptions due to the way traffic works around here. Telecommuting would also be fine if the job is not local. I am not in a position to relocate anywhere else at this time.

When I can start: Offer date + 2 weeks

Requirements: Permanent, full time, decent medical benefits, at least $25/hr equivalent, preferably non-exempt. Opportunities for learning and advancement are extremely important to me. They are completely lacking at my current job and that is why I'm looking.

Can be reached via: PM