Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Edit: I've moved and gotten more desperate.
My experience: Graduated from Truman State University in May 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. Knowledge in C/C++, Python, ADA '95, SQL, LISP, CSS, HTML, and Java. Most confident with C++, Java, and Python and am currently working on improving my skills in C++ even further, but I could get up to speed with any language, especially those listed, fairly quickly. Worked at my school's help desk for 2 years, had a brief internship before that where the project involving spyware research was bought by Symantec and I was let go. My online resume can be viewed here, and a normal one is available upon request.

What I'm looking for: A job

What I'm NOT looking for: Not a job

Where I live: Fort Worth, TX

Where I'm looking: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, kind of prefer to remain in Ft. Worth for a while.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Standard benefits, decent salary

Can be reached via: brianchristophermurray at gmail dot com, or PM

Also: Since I've moved 600 miles away from all my friends I have nothing to do here, so I can work weekends and without much distraction at least until I make some new friends.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Hawzy posted:

heh.

I had a roommate get 52 with just a BS, so I don't think he's being too unrealistic, especially since he'll relocate anywhere.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

covener posted:

55 sounds perfectly reasonable for a totally fresh-out-of-college developer/tester/support, much less one with good pre-professional and graduate work (even here in North Carolina)

So I should move to NC? Because I'm not finding anything here.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I'm also still looking for a job and I've moved and gotten more desperate.

My experience: Graduated from Truman State University in May 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. Knowledge in C/C++, Python, ADA '95, SQL, LISP, CSS, HTML, and Java. Most confident with C++, Java, and Python and am currently working on improving my skills in C++ even further, but I could get up to speed with any language, especially those listed, fairly quickly. Worked at my school's help desk for 2 years, had a brief internship before that where the project involving spyware research was bought by Symantec and I was let go. My online resume can be viewed here, and a normal one is available upon request.

What I'm looking for: A job

What I'm NOT looking for: Not a job

Where I live: Fort Worth, TX

Where I'm looking: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, kind of prefer to remain in Ft. Worth for a while.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Standard benefits, fair salary

Can be reached via: brianchristophermurray at gmail dot com, or PM

Also: Since I've moved 600 miles away from all my friends I have nothing to do here, so I can work weekends and without much distraction at least until I make some new friends.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Nukelear v.2 posted:

I actually will, but I'm not sure when it's going to open up. Could be a month or two or three. Send me a resume if you'd like.

But seriously I think Austin has a goon bias, we should have way more jobs in Dallas.

Also have a Sr. Java developer position open and will soon have a QA position open as well. But I'm too lazy to write those up at the moment.

I sent you my resume for either the IT or the QA positions. I don't know C# yet, but I'm learning it.