Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Square Pair posted:

A Goon looking to freelance and I don't care where they live. They have to know Sharepoint 2011 though - that's the only requirement.

Square Pair posted:

Sharepoint 2011

Buh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

vty posted:

Texas isn't too far, and it's been booming. It's where I wound up, although I'm tired as hell of the heat.

This summer has been a bit of an outlier in terms of the heat though:

We're all tired of it :sigh:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

What I'm not looking for: Jobs in Texas
That's oddly specific and actually cuts out a not-insignificant portion of jobs if you're truly looking everywhere else.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm obviously not sure but I don't think that forums username @aol.com is anything other than a throwaway account for use on here. I could be wrong.

Using aol for a throwaway doesn't make it any better, and may in fact make it worse.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

JOB POSTING
We've had some attrition for personal reasons within our already-small team at my company, so we're switching from passive recruiting to more active recruiting

Who are we?
Small startup that has closed a decent-sized round of Series A funding already (so we're not that new at this point), we've got a number of possible pivot points in the retail and fueling industries but for now our main selling platform is mobile integration with fueling and convenience stores (can't get into too much more detail here unfortunately). This is actually our founder's second startup, he was with his first one for over a decade before it was acquired.

Where are we?
Houston, TX , specifically the Westchase area (no remote, sorry)

What are we looking for?
C#/.NET developers, any experience level really. We've also got mobile apps on iOS , Android, and Windows Phone (yes, seriously), and some web-facing assets, but the bulk of our stuff is C#/.NET bits running either in the cloud (Azure) or on an appliance. Experience with any of those platforms is a plus, but not a must. If you have experience in the consumer retail or fueling industry, that's a mega-plus.

Mainly we need someone who's not married to "just web" or "just X" or anything and is interested in building cool stuff. We use frameworks where they make sense of course, but a lot of what we've built is pretty customized so there'll be a fair amount of learn-as-you-go. If you're not interested in learning I'd say this is not for you.

How do I apply?
PM me, or if you don't have PMs or prefer email then ddipaolo at that gmail thing

What else?
Remember that this is a startup so many of the traditional caveats apply. We're still pursuing a fair number of different opportunities so we could (and sometimes do) shift focus rapidly. There are occasional delivery crunches. You do get equity but it's already diluted since we're further along (though our salaries aren't depressed to compensate or anything). All that said, I like the core team we have in place and genuinely enjoy working with them. We're fairly meritocratic so if you build something cool or come up with a good way of doing something, it goes. Egos are generally low, which is very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Super Dude posted:

Can anyone give advice on whether a cover letter is a good idea? Some people say it is, others say it is not. What's the general opinion here?

I personally think it's worth the 30-40 minutes it should take to write, assuming you have ever written one and have done a cursory amount of research on the place you're applying to.

Just make sure you at least spell/grammar check it. But yeah, it's not likely to help greatly and may be ignored completely. At best, as 22 Eargesplitten said, it just shows you're putting forth some effort, and I'm constantly surprised at how little effort some folks put into their applications.