Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Re-posted with updated information on Feb 9, 2010.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
My experience: Over 10 years experience in desktop and service desk support roles in large scale corporate environments, including private and public sector IT support. I also have some experience managing an NT4 network and backup operation and with a little bit of coaching I'm confident I can take on server side roles as well.

Education/Certifications: A two year college diploma in CS. ITIL Foundations 4 certification.

What I'm looking for: In house IT support in a corporate environment. Public or private sector is fine. I'm willing to do some travel to satellite offices but I don't want to be on the road constantly.

What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk support or short term contract positions. I'm looking for full time, long term employment with benefits.

Where I live: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the GTA, preferably somewhere I can get to via transit. I'd prefer to not have to buy another vehicle but if the job is right I will.

When I can start: Now.

What is Unique About Me: I'm the desktop support tech you call when things go weird. I can usually find a way to fix what other people would consider un fixable, diagnose the weird hardware problem that's stumped the vendors for the past three months and tell your application developer why their in house software just won't deploy properly. I like to find the one thing that'll salvage your high profile user's desktop quickly and without data loss, recover that lost e-mail or get that quirky piece of unique software they need working. I'm not the kind of guy that just wants to re image the thing at the first sign of trouble just to be done with it. Truth be told, as much as people rag on 'computer janitors' I love the job, I'm good at the job and if you need a good desktop tech, you should hire me before someone else does.

Can be reached via: This thread, PM or j_joven at hotmail.com

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Depending on the details, I might actually consider moving to Whitehorse. I've spent the past 10 years in IT doing desktop support work and I'm damned good at it. I haven't done that much server support but I'm a quick study. PM me the details.

Only problem is my wife and I are in Toronto right now and we'd have to relocate. It'd have to be a decent job for us to make this kind of move. Any work for her by any chance? She's got her Bachelors of Mathematics from UW, did 3 semesters of IT Support for her college co-op credits and now she does construction, which she'd want to keep doing during the summers.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gilok posted:

What I'm looking for: Some kind of PC repair/support position that actually pays more than $8.00/hr and maybe has some kind of benefits or something.

This right here is why IT workers need to stand up for themselves and start demanding better wages. Society as a whole has accepted the fact we rely extensively on desktop PCs to make our daily lives function yet in the past decade, being a desktop repair tech has gone from being at least a decent working class living to poverty level wages.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
21st_Century_Employment.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Welcome to the 21st century, where "entry level" means "we still expect you to be certified and experienced, we just won't pay you well".

Anyone looking for someone to do client facing it support in Winnipeg, Manitoba? I'm moving out there in the next week and I'm looking for a new position. I have 12 years of experience in the private and public sectors. I'll even take help desk as long as it's an internal service desk and utilizes remote workstation management tools.

What I really want is a desktop support position that I can expand to a hybrid desktop support and back end support position.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 5, 2013