Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
** EDIT: This got pulled last year for budget and re-org reasons forgot to pull it from this list**

JOB POSTING
Manager, Content Services

Who are we?
The Walt Disney Company, maybe you have heard of us? Specifically this position is within the Corporate Enterprise Technology team.

Where are we?
Everywhere

Where is the job?
Celebration, Florida is our first choice since this role’s manager and direct reports are in Celebration.
Second choice is Burbank, CA.

When: ASAP
Remote? No for starters but established employees have been able to work remote.
Relocation? No.

Job Description
The JD is pretty lengthy, go read it here https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/burbank/manager-content-services/391/8728401

What we actually need:
• A Service Manager for the enterprise SharePoint platform, used for custom developed applications. SharePoint gets a bad rap but we do some really cools stuff with it and it is a critical part of our portfolio, as a result it is well funded.
• Expectation is that the role could expand over time to cover other services like Jive or be swapped out for other collaboration platforms.
• This is a corporate shared service so experience with charge backs and internal clients is a must.
• Manage the outsourced vendor support team.
• Manage a team of 3 staff developers with varying levels of experience and contactor developers as needed for projects.

What's it like to work here?
Great team, supportive management, demanding but not unreasonable or unappreciative clients.
Great benefits, (free park passes!) flexible schedule.

The bad
We are a traditional, big, corporate entity so it may take time to get through the recruiting process

How to apply
Apply here: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/burbank/manager-content-services/391/8728401

PM me with any questions, this is the backfill for my current position.

tomapot fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
JOB POSTING
Service Delivery Manager

Who are we?
The Walt Disney Company, maybe you have heard of us? Specifically this position is within the Corporate Enterprise Technology team.

Where is the job?
Celebration, Florida is our first choice, second choice is Burbank, CA.

When: Recruiting now.

Remote? No for starters but established employees have been able to work remote a few days a week.
Relocation? No.

Job Description:
The JD is pretty lengthy, go read it here http://bit.ly/2tFM3jg and check with me if you have any questions.

What we really need:
Someone who is super organized and detailed orientated to relieve the Senior Manager and Service Managers of some of the back office duties so they can focus on the tech and clients.

What's it like to work here?
Great team, supportive management, demanding but not unreasonable or unappreciative clients.
Great benefits, (free park passes!) flexible schedule.

The bad
We are a traditional, big, corporate entity so it may take time to get through the recruiting process

How to apply
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2tFM3jg

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

H110Hawk posted:

Is this contract to hire?

Have they removed your holiday party? How few park passes is your team down to or did they just swap it for a year of disney+? Sign in ability gone?

What's the COLA difference between the swamp and burbank?

Sorry I have friends who work or worked at Disney. I hold them in negative regard. It's better than unemployment, but they're a poo poo employer.

Sorry that you have that impression, however Disney is a large company with different businesses which have different work cultures and business practices. I've worked for both Media Networks and Corporate and have not had any of those experiences. This is a Corporate Enterprise Technology position.

- Is this contract to hire?
--- No, this is a Full Time position

-Have they removed your holiday party?
--- That is a Parks thing, Corp will have occasional office parties, gatherings, etc.

-How few park passes is your team down to? Sign in ability gone?
---We can self admit almost anytime except on certain blackout dates. They also give us comp passes every year which are exempt from the blackout that we can use or give to friends. I know that some people in FL or CA hit their yearly self-admin limit but I don't work in either of those locations so I'm not sure of those details off the top of my head and I've never had that problem.

-Did they just swap it for a year of disney+?
---This year they gave everyone the option of park passes or Disney+ which makes sense if you don't like the parks or if you're in a location in the middle of the country and can't make the trip to a Park. You can change the option each year so you can swap back and forth depending on what you think you might use that year.

-What's the COLA difference between the swamp and burbank?
---Compensation is based on the market location for the position however I do not know the formula that they use.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

DropsySufferer posted:

So are you the hiring manager or close to the hiring manager? Will you be able to act as a reference for a good candidate or did you just post a job ad for Disney that you have no control over?

Yes, this is in my department, I'll be one of the screeners and interviewers. Pending some other org changes this role will be supporting my position maybe even my direct report.

I won't post any positions other than the ones inside my team, however if someone sees one posted and wants to DM me I'll see if I can answer any questions.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Welp, if anyone is still interested after H110Hawk’s critique of my employer feel free to PM me.