Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Why are all the Texas goons with job openings in Austin or Dallas? You bums :argh:

My experience: 5+ years of PHP & Javascript (less of Python and Perl), ~4 of Linux server admining
What I'm looking for: Pref. a programming job, otherwise server admin/combo of both
What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk type work
Where I live: San Antonio, TX
Where I'm looking: San Antonio, TX
When I can start: Whenever
Requirements: Salaried with benefits
Can be reached via: ben@dq5studios.com
Resume available on request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

dolicf posted:

Have you looked at Rackspace at all? They're based in SA and are constantly hiring.

Eventually, since they're always hiring, unless I had a referral, I was going to hold off a bit until I tried a few other places first.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Reposting since Rackspace finally said no. Hoping there's goons at other places.

My experience: 5+ years of PHP & Javascript (less of Python and Perl), ~4 of Linux server admining
What I'm looking for: Pref. a programming job, otherwise server admin/combo of both
What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk type work
Where I live: San Antonio, TX
Where I'm looking: San Antonio, TX
When I can start: Whenever
Requirements: Salaried with benefits
Can be reached via: ben@dq5studios.com
Resume available on request

duz
Jul 11, 2005

bort posted:

what the hell. How do they not need someone like you?

I made it through three interviews and a breakfix. I guess I must not have done how they wanted on the breakfix. Oddly, judging from HR's email subjects, the position they were interviewing me for changed three times.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

skipdogg posted:

You looking for PHP/Javascript programming? Any other languages? How familiar are you with RedHat based systems? (RHEL/CentOS).

We might have some opportunities in Austin.. We just have a call center here in San Antonio, we could really use a good PHP guy on our internal team, but I don't think there's any openings.

fakedit: There's a lot more San Antonio goons than I thought...

PHP/JS are what I feel I'm qualified to be paid for, I'm still working on learning other languages. Most of my server experience is on Debian based systems but I've used RH enough that it's not a mystery or anything. Unfortunately I'm not really in a position to take a job in Austin at the moment unless it was mostly telecommuting or really amazingly awesome.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

duz fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 7, 2013

duz
Jul 11, 2005

duz fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 7, 2013

duz
Jul 11, 2005

duz fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 7, 2013

duz
Jul 11, 2005

duz fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 7, 2013

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Unless it's for a position involving money, it's probably not something they'd weigh heavily.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sab669 posted:

^I mean, student debt doesn't mean you have poor credit. Not paying your loans means you have poor credit.

Yes yes economy is poop and the job market is hard, but whats stopping you from working some minimum wage poo poo job(s) full time to pay your poo poo off until you find a real job.

The until-recently-record-high unemployment?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

duz fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 16, 2015

duz
Jul 11, 2005

kloa posted:

Dang I was excited since I live in SA but then saw the requirements of 5 years of C programming :(

Yeah, sorry, it looks like the C position is currently for senior level. It changes depending on what the bossman needs and didn't think to check this time. The number's not a strict requirement, but you do have to be senior level.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Hadlock posted:

My question is, how do I log stuff like this, so I can regurgitate it to a manager at another company during an interview, or provide proof that I actually did what I said I did, without "taking the code home with me" or some other ethics violation?

I feel like I am growing out of the bounds and skill set of my original job title and I'm looking for a concrete way to show this to potential employers.

You "prove it" by describing what you did and then answering questions pertaining to it accurately. Sometimes they'll ask for a sample program, but you'll never supply propriatery code. Personally I ask for sourceforge/guthub accounts and check out any code contributions they've made.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Gynovore posted:

Just a heads-up, putting your email behind spoiler tags does not hide it from spambots.

He's using gmail. That should be stopping spambots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dameius posted:

Job Seeker:

Education: BA in unrelated field, have a cPanel cert as well.

My experience: 3.5 years Linux Systems Administration with a six month rotation as a trainer for our Linux Admins. My life is on a command line. If anyone gets interested from this posting, I can go into way more depth once I'm contacted.

What I'm looking for: Mid-level/career Linux SysAdmin or related kind of work.

What I'm NOT looking for: DevOps or anything that touches a Windows OS or any kind of helpdesk work.

Where I live: Texas

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the US near a major metro; diverse population a bonus. If someone in Canada wanted me bad enough to sponsor, I'd do that too.

When I can start: Immediately or within a few months; right now I'm mostly just seeing what could happen.

Requirements: Full time.

Can be reached via: PM

Where in Texas? If you're in SATX, we might have something for you.

Also we need C and PHP people. As well as other stuff that's not under my purview.