Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Found a position. Thanks anyway!

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Found a position. Thanks anyway!

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 17, 2010

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

I'm pretty capped out at my current employer unless my boss leaves or gets hit by a bus. (I don't want my boss to get hit by a bus)

My experience: 7 years of system admin & desk-side support in Windows environments. Heathy serving of GPO experience, not as much as I want in automation. I'm also solely responsible for IT communications/documentation for a 200+ employee company.
What I'm looking for: Windows system administration
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: Syracuse, New York
Where I'm looking: Syracuse, New York, any major city
When I can start: After two-week notice for current employer.
Requirements: Full time, usual benefits.
Can be reached via: PM, drsbaitso@gmail.com

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

the spyder posted:

UPDATED- I need a Systems/Imaging Engineer STAT.

Is there a way to contact you directly about this position?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

scuz posted:

Who we are: A small to mid-size business consulting firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota going through growing pains (too many tickets, not enough techs). https://www.techgen.com (excuse the site, we're working on it).
What we want: We're looking to fill 3 positions: Remote Management Maintenance Lead (link), Tier-2 help desk, and Tier-1 help desk. We deal with a motherfuckton of tickets and phone calls and we need all hands on deck. We manage, as mentioned, small to mid-size businesses (5 to ~70 users), Windows SBS, in-house Exchange and hosted, Server standard here and there, and everything that desktop support comes with.
Compensation: based on experience. I make $14 after ~1 year in the company with zero previous experience, so if you've got a good tool belt and a decent resume, ask for what you want. Our boss is a very reasonable guy and pretty darned cool to boot.

Please email me with requests for more information (adam son of peter at gmail dot com); we need more bodies and what's more we need quality ones. He's willing to pay for quality and for people who will stick it out with us for the long term. More details if you ask; not sure what to include since I've never written a classified ad before!

As others have said, that Craigslist post is awfully combative. I'm sure you guys have been getting resumes by the boatload, but I can't help but wonder if the tone isn't turning off qualified candidates.

That position sounds right up my alley, with my absolute adoration of GPOs and all. Shame I'm stuck in Syracuse, New York for another year or two.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Reposting this because I'm still looking for a new position with some room for advancement.

My experience: Eight years of server & desktop management in Microsoft environments. Lots of GPO experience, including replacing a huge, atrocious login script and deploying smaller software packages. Moderate Exchange administration experience, mostly user-focused. I'm also the point-man for all IT documentation and user communications.

What I'm looking for: Windows system administration.

What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk.

Where I live: Syracuse, New York.

Where I'm looking: Syracuse, New York, any major city.

When I can start: After two-week notice for current employer.

Requirements: Full time, usual benefits.

Can be reached via: PM, drsbaitso@live.com

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

air- posted:

Who are we?
We are a company that develops and sells enterprise content management software.

There's nothing there that I feel highly qualified for, but we use M-Files at my office, and I've been really, really happy with it. My company is around 300 users, and M-Files handles our document load (a little north of 1.5 TB) very well. The consultant we brought in to assist with upgrades was always excellent, too.

Definitely going to be watching that careers page for something slightly less senior-level. I've been using M-Files for the past several years, and wouldn't mind doing it full-time.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Back on the market again, as a Job Seeker

Experience: Ten years managing Windows networks. Extensive AD/GPO skills, mid-level Exchange administrative experience. I also wrote almost all the customer-facing documentation for my previous position.

Looking for: Full-time/contract system administrator position.

Not looking for: Linux/webdev, helpdesk

Availability: Immediately

Contact info: PM, wizard_of_the_deep@outlook.com

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Seeking a Windows/AD job anywhere!

My experience: 16 years of supporting Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, and PowerShell. I have a little exposure to Azure and AWS, but up until this week I worked at a huge, conservative financial company. They're targeting their first application in Azure by the end of 2019. They're outsourcing the team that would be key to support that, so it'll be interesting to see how successful they are. I work really well with both technical colleagues and non-technical folks. I love that moment when the light comes on and someone just gets it.

What I'm looking for: Windows/Cloud/AD/Infrastructure support/engineering/automation/et cetera. I love taking dumb processes and automating them completely. Let me come in and solve your annoying problems with PowerShell!

What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, heavy Linux or networking. My main skill set is in the Microsoft ecosystem, but I could slip into Linux with some time.

Where I live: Syracuse, NY

Where I'm looking: Any major city. First preference would be North America, but wide open to Europe or Asian offices, too. I can and will work remotely, too.

When I can start: However long it takes me to relocate there.

Requirements: Full time

Can be reached via: PM and wizard@laboratory-17.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

Job Opening
Title - Cloud Systems Administrator
Location - St. Louis, MO (100% on-site)
Salary - 100-120k

Description:
You will be maintaining business applications for a government customer. You should be familiar with AWS architecture, networking, and hosting. You need a solid understanding of networking, common scripting languages and Linux. On-call is once every other month. Some very occasional late maintenance periods (hours are flexible). Overtime is available (if you work over 40hrs you will be compensated). There is a 5k per year allowance for tuition or certifications.

Requirements
- DOD 8570 Certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly (or able to obtain)
- Have some sysadmin experience already OR have a degree in a relevant field

Want to apply?
PM me!

If you're being honest about the "able to obtain" bit, the best case scenario is you get someone who doesn't have a clearance, works for you while the paperwork is processing, and then bounces to somewhere else for 2x-3x what you're paying because now they have skills AND a clearance.