Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
See my latest post for an open position.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Apr 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The helpdesk position that was posted here has now been filled.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 8, 2012

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The technical support positions that were posted here have been filled.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 8, 2012

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Cross-posting this from the Goons for Hire thread:

Developer Wanted

Location: Bothell, WA -- about twenty minutes northeast of Seattle.
Languages: The LAMP stack -- Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP.
Contact: Drop a mail to my username at pleh dot net and I'll get you the full job description and application instructions. Have a PDF copy of your resume available, but do not mail it to me.

What you'll be doing: Maintenance on our home-grown ERP/CRM/CMS, 50% of which is actually extracting requirements from people. People skills and organizational skills are just as important as coding skills. You don't have to have a great deal of experience with PHP itself if you've worked in comperable scripting languages.

It's mostly back-end work, with a bit of front-end. No design skills needed. The codebase is very "legacy" but improving that is a priority.

You'll be the junior of a two member dev team. The senior member has some offbeat development ideologies, but is a skilled developer. You'll be working with him, me (sysadmin & sometimes dev) and our awesome pop-culture fountain of a helpdesk tech. Our boss is the best damned manager I've ever worked for, with amazing people skills and some of the worst puns that have ever been created.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
JOB SEEKER

Education: On the job and self-taught, with various classes & conferences, and a sysadmin certificate.

Experience: I've been building web applications for twenty years, and chances are that you and your friends have used my code at some point or another during your travels on the internet. For the past decade I worked for a server hardware manufacturer, and built & maintained their internal ERP/CRM/CMS package as well as their IT infrastructure. Previous job titles have included "Senior Developer," "Lead Developer," and "IT Manager." I've found over the years that getting the specification and work plan sorted out is the hardest part of software development, and is where most problems come into being.

I have two years of experience performing full-time remote development and sysadmin work.

What I'm looking for: Software dev wise, I prefer working with modern PHP (PHP7), MySQL/PostgreSQL, and frameworks and libraries like Zend Framework & Symfony. I use modern development practices, like using ORM (Doctrine) where it makes sense, using caching (memcached, redis) where appropriate, and using asyncronous background work (message & job queues) when practical. I follow the practice of separation of concerns (leading to MVC) religiously, and am familiar and comfortable with dependency injection and automated testing.

All of that being said, I am also comfortable working with and getting the opportunity to modernize legacy codebases. I work in PHP, working with weird legacy code is part of the job description.

I am familiar with the software development lifecycle, and have used a variety of techniques and methods to manage it. I've worked solo, as a member of a team, and as a team lead.

Sysadmin wise, I'm a jack of most trades, and have worked with moderately advanced networking concepts, SANs, virtualization (libvirt / KVM), security cameras, door systems, integration with Google Apps for Business, and more. I work best with the RHEL family. As IT manager, I coordinated vendor relationships, made purchasing decisions, etc.

What I'm NOT looking for: I'm not looking for helpdesk or standard CJ roles. I'm also not a designer, so some kinds of front-end work aren't really my thing. I don't mind startups, but I'm not looking for "startup culture."

Where I live: I'm currently in Eugene, Oregon. I'm moving to the Portland metro area before the end of October.

Where I'm looking: I'd vastly prefer completely remote work, but otherwise I'm looking in Portland, Oregon.

Requirements: I'm looking for anything, including small contracts, temp work, full time, and everything in between. Flexibility in scheduling work hours is important, as is "work-life balance."

Contact Info: PM me here or email at my username at my username dot com.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 9, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

bad news bareback posted:

JOB POSTING

The position can pay $140K + (full time) – we are open to someone working 1 week in office a month and remote the other weeks during the month.

Additionally, we are open to going higher on the comp range.

Ecommerce Back End Web Developer – PHP
[...]
Please apply online at the following link: https://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=26281&siteid=6660&AReq=144BR

Are travel expenses included in the week spent on-site?

Also, the description on the site includes this great bullet point:

quote:

Strong initiative, commitment, and a positive, “whatever” it takes attitude.

If that's intentional humor, I love you guys already. If it's not intentional then you should probably fix those quotes.

I'll be putting in my application tomorrow evening soon, as this description is exactly what I do (see my post earlier on this page)

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 28, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Classical Muzak posted:

Who we are: Teamworks. We make a communication and collaborations platform for athletic organizations. Our website is at https://www.teamworks.com .

You need to have a chat with WP Engine about your SSL configuration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Captain Pike posted:

JOB POSTING - Dallas, TX - Full Stack Developer

PM me for more details!

PM sent!