Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Looking for some contract or temp work...

Education:
B.A. in something related to media

Experience:
2 Years as a sysadmin for a small business
3 Years for a startup in a variety of roles, mostly network engineering and sysadmin
Cisco, HP, Aerohive, Ubiquit, Dell routers/firewalls/switches.
macOS, Windows 7-10, Fedora, centOS deployment/configuration/administration.
Active Directory, freePBX, Exchange, various MDM, VMWare.
HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, Wordpress, Apache.
Also, my startup just got bought out, so I have experience navigating the waters of a corporate takeover and technology integration.

Where:
Chicago or remote

What I'm looking for:
Some temp/contract gigs to help squash some debt. Startup/small business would be fantastic. If there is something unpleasant that you really don't want to do, I'm your man. I am very resourceful and thrifty, so I would also be a good tech consultant.

Maybe you are a small business who needs to get a VPN up, or a basic AD domain. Maybe you just purchased 150 new laptops and need them imaged and configured. Maybe a simple website for your restaurant.

Or heck, maybe you need someone to set up solid WiFi in your Lincoln Park mansion.

What I'm not:
I would prefer nothing related to the finance industry

When:
Whenever

Reqs:
Temp or contract outside of normal 9-5 since I have a full time job

PM please

a_pineapple fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Position filled FINALLY

a_pineapple fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 17, 2017

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Sup. It's time.

Job Seeker

My experience: 3 years generalist sysadmin, 3 years network engineer with heavy focus on automation/IaC

What I'm looking for: Full time position in an industry that contributes positively to the world (Renewables, health, arts, tech. No finance.) Looking for a title containing buzzwords such as "Senior Network Engineer", "Architect", "Cloud", "DevOps" or possibly even "Director".

Where I live: Chicago, IL

Where I'm looking: Local or remote

When can I start: Standard 2-4 weeks notice.

Requirements: I need an environment that operates efficiently and allows me enough freedom to work hard and fast. I need the freedom to improve things without getting caught in miles of red tape. Process/policy are 100% necessary, but if they slow the improvement of the business, they should be streamlined. My ideal company is somewhere in between post-startup and pre-buyout. I have a lot to offer and so I will ask for a deece 6 figgies (or thereabouts) depending on title, great benefits, and at least 25 days PTO.

a_pineapple fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 4, 2020