Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
employed

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

workape posted:

Uhhh... I am a big guy with a beard and long hair, and I've had both for every job I've interviewed. I look like a cross between a bear and a hippie. Who ever told you that obviously hasn't got much experience high high level engineers. Only two guys in my group are clean shaven and that's because if they don't lose the facial hair, their wives will take their balls.

Of course, this is for network engineering. God knows what kinds of standards they have for the customer facing groups.

I've worked with plenty of guys with long hair and beards. Try not to look smelly.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CaladSigilon posted:

Another post, because the list of jobs keeps getting longer.

We are hiring for:

- Senior Software Engineers - Front-End

- Software Engineers - Front End

You may attract more people if your job requirements gave more of an idea of what the job entails. Specifically, the two jobs I quoted are for "Front-End" designers but the experience requires one of six different back end programming languages.

To me, a front end designer is someone who will be working more with HTML and Javascript, but maybe your company's definition is more along the lines of server side programming for your front end.

Either way, listing all the programming languages you will accept as valid experience doesn't tell the prospective applicant what you're using. That's something most programmers want to know before they apply for a job.