Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Experience: BS in mechanical/aerospace engineering.
Work experience consists of managing team of field consultants that help users with Internet connectivity issues (job was essentially on-campus network support). 3 years experience as supervisor as well as advanced troubleshooting networking issues, desktop support. Proficient in Windows and Mac operating systems, MS Office, MATLAB, Pro/E, AutoCAD, Routers, switches (Cisco 2948/2950/5000 series). Familiar with C++, C, Unix, Linux, PHP. I'm a ridiculously fast learner when it comes to computers so if there is a concept or program you require I'm willing to learn.

What I'm looking for: Network/Desktop Support, Network technician, Tier II or III tech support

What I'm NOT looking for: Programming, Systems Admin

Where I live: Central New Jersey

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the US but prefer to be closer to NJ (Willing to relocate)

When I can start: Immediately.

Requirements: Salaried job, decent benefits

Can be reached via: Message me on the forums and I can provide you with more information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf

Wulfeh posted:

Sorry but I had to comment, BS in Aerospace/Mechanical and you are looking for a tech support job?

In this economy I have to be open to other career paths aside from my major, so I'm looking for an engineering or tech-related job. My major was in engineering, but all my work experience is in tech support.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Let's try this again.

My experience: 5 years Desktop Support, network maintenance, helpdesk, server/network administration for small businesses. PC installs, printer troubleshooting, home router setups for residentials.
What I'm looking for: An in-house job or a job with VERY little travel involved.
What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk, phone support.
Where I live: NJ
Where I'm looking: PA, NJ, NYC, Delaware, anywhere really. Preferred in NJ.
When I can start: After I give my 2 weeks notice.
Requirements: No travel.
Can be reached via: PM

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Full Time Position as Tech Support

Job Description: Field tech support for small businesses and residential clients. You support servers, workstations, smartphones, printers...anything technology related (jack-of-all-trades). It is desktop support and network/server administration for the most part. Support both hardware and software issues. 95% Windows, on occasion we support Macs. This is a great entry-level position but you have to be really good at learning on your own.

Requirements: BS degree, availability to work weekends (we have rotating shifts) and in general a lot of time during the week. This is not a 9-5 job there will be some late night work as well.

Outdated, I do not work for this employer anymore.

Weaponized Autism fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 13, 2012

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Looking for full-time Tier 1 support analyst for an enterprise software company.

Where: Mercer County, NJ

What: The job is primarily handling phone calls and emails, supporting our software. This is not a typical tier 1 helpdesk job. You will be responsible for troubleshooting complex issues, escalating tickets effectively, and providing constant updates to the people that need it.

Requirements: Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008, some Oracle/SQL database experience, great troubleshooting and communication skills. Previous work experience in tech support preferred. Need to be flexible in your work hours.

Contact: PM me your resume or if you want more specific information.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
I'll try this again since my company is still looking to fill a few open positions.

Job Title
Customer Support Engineer

What We Do
We are an enterprise software company that builds quality management software for the pharma, biotech, and medical device industries. Most of the top companies in the world use our product. We are a very fast growing company and are looking to fill a lot of different positions. We also just moved into a new, modern looking building.

Who We Are Looking For
4 year degree.
Someone who knows how to troubleshoot on Windows servers, databases (Oracle/SQL Server), and Java-based web applications. You need to be a fast learner and willing to learn new concepts. A broad skillset is expected, meaning we don't expect you to be an Exchange guru but at least know basic concepts of networking and how email works. Helpdesk experience is a plus.

Job Details
Take phone calls, respond to emails, remote support our customer-base that use our software. This is not a typical helpdesk job where you're only doing Tier 1. You are also responsible for technical investigations and managing customer relationships throughout a support case.

Contact
PM me and I will be happy to provide more details.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Hook me up, NY goons.

My experience: 5+ years in technical support and application support. In college I focused on networking (switch management, VLAN configuration, network troubleshooting). Jack-of-all trades work for a few years after that professionally, then moved on to application support (Oracle, MS SQL backend, Java front-end application support). My experience covers working for all sorts of small to medium businesses doing all types of software and hardware support, and recently has been more focuses on application support for large corporations.
What I'm looking for: An in-house position where I can provide technical/desktop/application support or Windows server administration.
What I'm NOT looking for: Travel, Helpdesk Tier 0/1.
Where I live: Central NJ.
Where I'm looking: A job in Manhattan or close to it in NJ, such as Jersey City or Hoboken.
When I can start: I would like to give 2 weeks notice at my current employer, but anytime after mid-January would be preferred.
Requirements: Health, dental, 401k.
Can be reached via: PM

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
NYC Job Seeker

Education: BS 4-year degree in mechanical engineering

Experience: ~9 years total professional experience. In Windows-space primarily for the past 2.5 years, basically doing escalated application support for IIS/SQL backend sites. Using a lot of PowerShell to manage IIS across a large amount of web servers (Windows 2008/2012 R2). I'm working on Wall Street currently, supporting some of the biggest investment banks in the world. Before that did a few years in the pharma space, same thing really but more so with Oracle and Tomcat. Again, I was the primary engineer for some of the biggest pharma and biotech companies in the US. Before that was an IT generalist and did a lot of network-focused work as well.

What I'm looking for : A non-customer facing role where I can be a systems administrator. I would prefer to get into Linux, but understand if it's Windows or even a hybrid environment. Web application support is fine, but really any type of work that requires the day-to-day management of servers is preferred. DevOps would be nice as I've done some project work with that as well.

What I'm NOT looking for : Helpdesk, Management (not looking for a TAM role or project management), Windows-only (I want to transition into Linux, and I'm in it for the long haul, so no Windows-only environments). Flexible with some of this stuff depending on the role.

Where I live : NYC area

Where I'm looking : NYC area, Manhattan preferred but not Long Island. Just know I don't own a car.

When I can start : Would give 2 weeks to my current employer.

Requirements : Full time, Permanent role with benefits, etc.

Can be reached via: PM me here please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
My Experience:
  • Senior level Windows systems administrator, been in IT 12 years. SQL, IIS, installing and supporting propriety applications. I can build servers on Hyper-V and VMWare. I can manage AD, DNS, DHCP. I've built physical servers and managed them in a datacenter. I've done so much it'd be a lot to post here, but in general I've been supporting Windows Servers and environments starting around Server 2003.
  • I manage my current employer's Azure subscription. I build servers, manage networking, CDNs, help developers with web apps and troubleshoot issues. I've been in Azure every day for the past 5 years and I've migrated 50 on-premise VMs into the cloud in the past 2 years.
  • I can read code but I'm not a programmer. I'm pretty good with PowerShell, T-SQL, and scripting in general. Haven't done anything with automation aside from a little Azure DevOps.
What I'm Looking For:
  • Focus & Specialty. I'm doing 5 jobs in 1 right now and I'm just looking to focus on being a systems engineer/administrator. I don't want to be a master of none anymore.
  • I want to do more Linux administration. Professionally I'd be considered an entry/junior level Linux guy (I've run Linux at home for the past 10 years but don't get to work on it in a professional/corporate environment).
  • Windows and Azure are my bread and butter, but honestly I'm open to just about anything as long as I have focus. Every job I've taken in my career, the technical requirements and industries have been very different so I have no problem adapting to your company's technology and processes.
What I'm NOT Looking For:
  • No Helpdesk, No Tier 1 Support
  • No micro-management. I'm currently micro-managed so a manager who understands boundaries would be a huge plus.
  • No Desktop Support or phone support (MDM). I'm not really interested in Intune, Office365, and that field of support.
  • No interest in SCCM or server patching. I spend way too many nights dealing with this now.
Where I Live:
  • Northwest New Jersey
Where I'm Looking:
  • 100% Remote Only, USA
When I can Start:
3 weeks after offer accepted

Requirements:
  • Minimum $140K + benefits (good PTO is a must)
  • An environment with a modern-thinking IT culture.
  • Great work/life balance. I understand the nature of IT requires the occasional evening and weekend work which I'm fine with.
Can Be Reached via:
PM