Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
:siren: Although the Homebrew Channel currently installs and runs on all versions of the Wii system software, Nintendo aren't digging the homebrew business very much, so updates from Nintendo are NOT RECOMMENDED. There are other ways to get updated. :siren:

Attention newcomers!!!!! If your console is updated to System Menu 4.3 and you still haven't homebrew-enabled the thing, use LetterBomb (usage details) to hack it!!!!! Don't waste money on lovely games when there's no need for them!!!!!

Want to do shopping? Update your Wii for playing new games? Install a backup manager? Cure severe acne? "Just Use ModMii"™

What is Wiibrew?
A contraction of Wii and homebrew, the latter meaning unofficial software for a console - in this case the Wii! There are emulators, games, region free loaders, media players, Linux distros and misc utilities.

What do I need to get started?
A SD card (non-SDHC for pre-4.0 Wiis) and a SD card reader for your PC.

Attention newcomers
I've received word that LU64 (serial number) Wiis and upwards are different (:gay:), and you run the chance of bricking your console if DOWNGRADING it. Downgrading is not necessary to use homebrew software, so just follow the instructions below to get started.

Give me some instructions on setting up this poo poo.
If you're using Windows, just download ModMii. The program itself is completely self-explanatory. Just run it on your computer and follow the instructions. It'll ask you a bunch of questions and then downloads the necessary files then pops up a custom set of instructions for each step. Put the files on your SD card and follow the instructions. If you take this approach, you can skip past the next section. Let's make sweet love to FlyingCheese as thanks for the instructions.

But I'm a Mac fag/Linux neckbeard/DIY guy.
There's an exploit called bannerbomb which doesn't require any game and works on all Wii versions prior to 4.3. Try this first!! :keke:

If your console is already updated to System Menu 4.3, you can use LetterBomb (usage details).

If it is possible on your console, DO NOT hesitate to make a backup through BootMii. It weighs in at 512MB, but you can move that over to your computer instead of having it lying on the SD card. Should something ever go wrong, you'll always have the possibility of recovering as long as BootMii is installed.

WELCOME TO WIIBREW WORLD

Okay I got through this, how do I run them programs?
Homebrew Channel is the application for loading other software off an SD card, and the Wiibrew wiki is your source for news and software. You put applications in an /apps/ folder on your SD card (create it in the root), and the channel will find them. Eventually just get the Homebrew Browser (download) and do the downloading on your Wii.

Legend of Super Mario Galaxy Brawl-troid is out, don't I have to update my System Menu to play it???
No, updating the System Menu is not required. The Wii operating system structure is modular and the System Menu itself is irrelevant, as Brett824 explains:

Brett824 posted:

First things first, the Wii System Menu version is not equal to a "Firmware" version like PSP XMB version. The Wii's firmware comes through a series of updatable IOSs (Input Output System/Internal Operating System, whatever), put into 255 slots (slots 0-254). Whenever any Wii software gets loaded, it loads a specific hardcoded IOS (obviously with the exception of some Homebrew apps), which then loads the game/channel/software. The System Menu is not even an IOS, it is a piece of software on the NAND that loads from an IOS (30, 60, 70, 80). Custom IOSes (such as the ones used to load disc/usb backups) are usually slotted into 222/223 (Hermes) or 249/250 (Waninkoko). Each IOS (unless deprecated and thus stubbed) serves a different purpose.

When a Nintendo disc launches, the first thing it does is check the version number of the IOSs you have installed. If those version numbers are lower than the ones on the "update" partition of the disc, it will prompt you for an update and refuse to run until you do. This is very easily worked around by using GeckoOS, which loads legit discs but only checks the IOS required to load the game

When Nintendo releases a new System Menu version, they usually release a whole mess of new IOSs along with it. Lately, they have also included stubs (which are essentially useless IOSs that do not function) to attempt to overwrite installed custom IOSs. Many games have a System Menu version on them, along with the mess of IOSs that came with that System Menu version. If you are a 100% confident you have an equal or greater version of the System Menu than on a disc, the only risk you really run is stubbing your cIOS (if you unstubbed them).
Or in other words: "Just Use ModMii"™.

Will this get my Wii banned?
Nintendo haven't banned people for having the Homebrew Channel installed. However, there have been reports that online cheaters get banned, which suits them. :clint:

My Wii says it has to be updated to access the Shop Channel!
"Just Use ModMii"™.
Or eventually use DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition to update the Shop Channel and IOS56 if you're a total neckbeard, that'll let you do your shopping regardless of System Menu version.

Can I update my Wii in the Wii Settings as usual?
Sure you can, if you're prepared to be raped in the butt by Nintendo. :a2m: They are constantly trying to block out homebrew and exploits in their updates, so if you want to keep all the good stuff you've installed, "Just Use ModMii"™ to download the required files and make you a guide.

I heard you can play DVDs with homebrew.
Yes we can. Using WiiMC, you can play retail DVDs as long as the Homebrew Channel has been updated to version 1.0.8 or later.

Spill the beans about that awesome USB loader I've read about everywhere!!
It's possible to play your games off of USB hard drives, and (arguably) the best loader application available is called Configurable USB Loader. Getting it working is pretty easy, if you've got a compatible hard drive/flash drive/large capacity SD card (most work, some don't). Just follows these simple steps:
  1. Choose the file system you want to use for your device. If you're going to use it with your PC and/or other Wii homebrew like emulators and media players, you might want to format it with FAT32 for maximum compatibility. NTFS works as well, see number 4 for info. Last there's the option to format the drive to the wbfs file system (only for use with USB loaders) with WBFS Manager for Windows users or linux-wbfs-manager for GNU/Linux users, but only losers do that now that we don't have to.
  2. Download d2x cIOS Installer (d2x cIOS Installer vx.x.zip), put it in your apps folder and use it to install cIOS into slot 248 with base IOS56. Follow this tutorial if you need more detailed instructions.
  3. Download Configurable USB Loader here (Cfg_USB_Loader_xx.zip) and extract the files to your SD card, then run it from the Homebrew Channel as usual.
  4. Install your games in the loader and enjoy less loading and no disc swapping. If your device is formatted to NTFS, set "ntfs_write=1" in config.txt or use CleanRip. If you have backed up ISOs to your computer, you can use the wbfs_file utility to trim them down before copying them to the hard drive. Simply extract the wbfs_file.exe executable from the archive and drag an ISO on top of it, create a folder called 'wbfs' in the root of your drive and then copy the resulting folder output by wbfs_file over there after conversion's finished.
If you for some reason don't like Configurable USB Loader, both USB Loader GX and WiiFlow are good alternatives.

I'm confused about something here, worried about my LU64+ console and I also want to do lots of cool poo poo that you haven't even mentioned!
Check out GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial, which covers almost all topics related to Wii modding. Up-to-date and easy-to-follow tutorials make this a valuable resource, thanks to Robolizard! for the link.

Recommended Homebrew Programs
brought to us by FlyingCheese

Games
Achtung Wii Kurve (Achtung Die Kurve on the Wii, great fun with a lot of friends)
Jump 'n Bump
Kobo Deluxe
Mahjongg Wii
OpenTyrianWii
Quake (needs WADs from original game/demo)
ScummVM (LucasArts and other point-and-click adventures, see the compatibility list)
WiiDoom (needs WADs from original game/demo - plays all doom wads, even custom ones... except FreeDoom for some reason)

Media Players
WiiMC - a pretty media player with DVD support

Emulators
FCE Ultra GX (NES emulator)
Genesis Plus (Genesis/Megadrive emulator)
GxGeo (NeoGeo emulator)
Snes9x GX (SNES emulator)
Visual Boy Advance GX (Game Boy Advance/Color/GB emulator)

Utilities
FTPii (simple FTP server so you can put things on the SD card without removing it from the Wii)
Gecko OS (runs games from all regions (theoretically))
Homebrew Browser (just loving install it already. download apps straight from your console)

Keito fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Keito posted:

[*]Backup your original Twilight Princess save if you've got one
If I'm not mistaken you need to have played the game at least once in order to get the hack working, so if you haven't played Twilight Princess before; load it up, save and exit before trying to copy the Twilight Hack from the SD to the Wii.

Also, are you going to add recommended homebrew in the OP?
I nominate ScummVM and Quake for starters.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

torjus posted:

If I'm not mistaken you need to have played the game at least once in order to get the hack working, so if you haven't played Twilight Princess before; load it up, save and exit before trying to copy the Twilight Hack from the SD to the Wii.

This is not my experience, it should work as long as you copy the file into the correct directory.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Keito posted:

WHY is this OP so scarce compared to the previous one?????
I thought the last one contained a bit more than what was really needed. Regarding DVD playback, I thought it was poo poo, and HackMii doesn't even host their DVDX archive anymore. I guess I'll add a section on it if someone provides dvdx.zip, as it can be useful together with the emulators.

Yes they do, it can be found on the wiibrew page:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/DVDX
(http://static.hackmii.com/dvdx.zip)

and for the player:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer
(http://static.hackmii.com/mplayer-r27458.zip)

Careful though, it wont work on system menu 3.4.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

zandert33 posted:

This is not my experience, it should work as long as you copy the file into the correct directory.
OK, I took it from the Twilight Hack Wiki and from what friends have told me, but I can't verify this first hand as I had already played the game before running the hack. So I guess your mileage may vary, but still something worth noting.

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

Once again, Alex gets the jitters.
Out of nowhere, when I start up an emulator with the homebrew channel, one of my wii remotes shuts and I can get it to turn on again except if I'm in the main wii menu.

I've tried syncing, but that doesn't seem like it's the issue. I've tried reconnecting in a different order so one remote is p.1 and the other is p.2. P.2 always shuts off. Batteries are fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

helium muppet posted:

Out of nowhere, when I start up an emulator with the homebrew channel, one of my wii remotes shuts and I can get it to turn on again except if I'm in the main wii menu.

I've tried syncing, but that doesn't seem like it's the issue. I've tried reconnecting in a different order so one remote is p.1 and the other is p.2. P.2 always shuts off. Batteries are fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

What emulator? It's most likely the program that is doing it.

Axle Gatin
Jul 5, 2005

"But, doctor...
I am Pagliacci."
Your resident problem-whiner here.

Upon installation of the actual channel:
"ES_addticket failed -2011
Installation failed"

And then it takes me back to the wii menu.

FlyingCheese posted:

and for the player:

Careful though, it wont work on system menu 3.4.
Are you serious? That was pretty much the only reason I wanted to do this. Argh

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

FlyingCheese posted:

Yes they do, it can be found on the wiibrew page:
I swear I was getting 404 or 403 messages from the server when attempting to access those files earlier today.

zandert33 posted:

I think you have to launch the game at least once, or at least put the disc into the tray before being able to copy over the save. Wii doesn't let you transfer saves for games it doesn't know.

torjus posted:

Also, are you going to add recommended homebrew in the OP?
I nominate ScummVM and Quake for starters.
It's a good idea.

Axle Gatin posted:

Are you serious? That was pretty much the only reason I wanted to do this. Argh
DVDX was blocked away after 3.3, yeah. There are ways to downgrade the firmware - a link to some guide was posted in the last thread, and I used it to get back to 3.2, but I'd say it's pretty risky...

Sucker Punch
Jan 24, 2008
Goddammit, I just spent half an hour trying to get the Wii to play DVDs, before finding out it doesn't work on 3.4 Any other way to get that working?

And gently caress nintendo for not including simple dvd playback support. That's retarded.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Sucker Punch posted:

Goddammit, I just spent half an hour trying to get the Wii to play DVDs, before finding out it doesn't work on 3.4 Any other way to get that working?

And gently caress nintendo for not including simple dvd playback support. That's retarded.

Downgrade and install the DVDX stub, but be warned, it kind of sucks.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Keito posted:

I think you have to launch the game at least once, or at least put the disc into the tray before being able to copy over the save. Wii doesn't let you transfer saves for games it doesn't know.

This could be correct, but I know that I put the Twilight Hack on two different machines that Zelda was never played on without launching the game prior.

I don't want to turn the thread into a stupid discussion so we'll just leave it at that.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
Okay so I used the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel with no problems. However, I'm not having much luck with the programs that are meant to make the Wii region free. Has anyone had any success running PAL games on a US Wii, especially GC games?

If I activate the region free Starfall patches, PAL Wii games still won't boot directly (just get the usual "disc cannot be read" message). GC games will but all I get is audio and a black screen.

If I use Gecko Region Free, I get a "This is not valid Wii software" error for PAL games (I've tried Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy so far, and I know this copy of TP works because I used it via Freeloader to install the HBC in the first place). If I use GCBooter to run a GC game I get the same black screen deal. This is regardless of whether the Starfall patches are installed or not I've tried installing and removing them several times. The Starfall patch to remove the health/safety screen did work and I've got no way of testing the others.

If I use Menu Loader, it does let me run PAL Wii games but it's kind of a pain starting HBC, choosing Menu Loader, setting the Region Free Discs option and running it every time I want to play (seeing as just using the Freeloader was less effort). I was hoping I'd just be able to boot them directly after patching with Starfall but no such luck. Menu Loader makes no difference to the GC black screen issue. My system software is version 3.2U.

Help?

edit: Japanese GC games do work but I have like, two of those

Xythar fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 11, 2009

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Upgraded Gecko Region Free to the current version of GeckoOS with all those extra features and tried again.

It did launch PAL Twilight Princess, but it was in 576i (no progressive scan) and didn't quit back to the menu gracefully (froze at black screen). Still, playable at least.

Wasn't able to launch PAL Super Mario Sunshine with any combination of options. Force PAL50 and PAL60 gave me the same black screen as usual, Force NTSC and the Vid Fix or whatever it was called made it crash spectacularly before the game even booted.

:(

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Ok, so I've installed the Homebrew Channel and grabbed some things from the Homebrew Browser, only when I try to open the Wii Shop Channel my Wii hangs on a black screen and drops the wiiremote.

This is bad. How can I fix it?

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

Mister Bung posted:

Ok, so I've installed the Homebrew Channel and grabbed some things from the Homebrew Browser, only when I try to open the Wii Shop Channel my Wii hangs on a black screen and drops the wiiremote.

I've noticed this happen on a few Wii's, even without homebrew installed. The common answer is reboot the Wii and try again. It should work the second time.

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
OP, can you update the erm, OP, with the latest versions of all the emulators, and the respective links?

Cynnik
Nov 19, 2002

this seems all too familiar
Now I have an excuse to plug in the wii! Hopefully I can borrow someone's Twilight Princess.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

ChaosTheory posted:

OP, can you update the erm, OP, with the latest versions of all the emulators, and the respective links?

Just grab them from the homebrew browser. It's much easier and is already constantly updated. Updated versions usually show up in the homebrew browser within a day or so of release.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
I'm thinking I will give up on the Wiibrew stuff.

Me and my family do too much with the other built-in stuff on the Wii.

We tried to load one channel, and it said we couldn't until we got an update from the Shop channel. We couldn't get the update from the Shop channel until we did a system update to download the Shop update.

I wasn't going to tell my daughter "hold on while daddy goes and looks up some hacks or alternative download locations for the channels."
I just updated my Wii's firmware, went to the Shop and downloaded the channel updates, and loaded up the thing my daughter wanted to see.

We spend a ton of time on the Everybody Votes Channel, Check Mii Out Channel, Nintendo Channel, etc.
I think I've used the Homebrew channel once since installing it.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

Games
OpenTyrianWii
Quake (needs WADS from original game/demo)
Doom (needs WADS from original game/demo - plays all doom wads, even custom ones... except FreeDoom for some reason)
Jump 'n Bump
Kobo Deluxe
Mahjongg Wii

Media Players
DragonMedia Player
GeeXboX
MplayerWii
DVDLib Mplayer (plays most DVD's - needs DVDLIB)

Emulators
Snes9x GX (snes emulator)
FCE Ultra GX (nes emulator)
GxGeo (neo geo emulator)
I don't use any emulators other than these so maybe someone else could fill in their recommendations for other systems.

Utilities
FTPii (simple FTP server so you can put things on the SD card without removing it from the Wii)
Homebrew Browser (just loving install it already.)
Gecko OS (runs games from all regions (theoretically))
Wii Shop Updater (allows you to update the Wii Shop Channel without doing a full system update)

Edit: OP, feel free to throw this in the OP.

FlyingCheese fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 11, 2009

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

quote:

Homebrew Browser (just loving install it already.)

I never knew about this but it looks awesome, thanks for posting it with bold letters since I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Mister Bung posted:

You have the latest version of the Wii Shop channel, right?

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007

FlyingCheese posted:

Wii Shop Updater (allows you to update the Wii Shop Channel without doing a full system update)

Any chance someone could explain how to get this to work with the homebrew channel loaded from a front SD card?

edit: Ugh. Nevermind. You just have to rename the dol file to boot.dol.

Largejaroalmonds fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 11, 2009

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

FlyingCheese posted:

plays all doom wads, even custom ones... except FreeDoom for some reason

I know that if I ever made a Doom port I would purposefully make sure that it wasn't able to play FreeDoom.

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.

Xythar posted:

Okay so I used the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel with no problems. However, I'm not having much luck with the programs that are meant to make the Wii region free. Has anyone had any success running PAL games on a US Wii, especially GC games?

If I activate the region free Starfall patches, PAL Wii games still won't boot directly (just get the usual "disc cannot be read" message). GC games will but all I get is audio and a black screen.

If I use Gecko Region Free, I get a "This is not valid Wii software" error for PAL games (I've tried Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy so far, and I know this copy of TP works because I used it via Freeloader to install the HBC in the first place). If I use GCBooter to run a GC game I get the same black screen deal. This is regardless of whether the Starfall patches are installed or not I've tried installing and removing them several times. The Starfall patch to remove the health/safety screen did work and I've got no way of testing the others.

If I use Menu Loader, it does let me run PAL Wii games but it's kind of a pain starting HBC, choosing Menu Loader, setting the Region Free Discs option and running it every time I want to play (seeing as just using the Freeloader was less effort). I was hoping I'd just be able to boot them directly after patching with Starfall but no such luck. Menu Loader makes no difference to the GC black screen issue. My system software is version 3.2U.

Help?

edit: Japanese GC games do work but I have like, two of those

I think I am in the same boat as you. I can load PAL Wii games (I have tried Link's Crossbow Training and Disaster: DoC) through GeckoOS, but not through the regular disc channel (I've set it to region free with Starfall). I can load it through the disc channel if I set region free in GeckoOS and then reboot - but this is kind of pointless as it's quicker to load the game straight from GeckoOS.

As far as GameCube games go, Japanese games run fine from the disc channel. I did try a PAL game quite a long time ago and couldn't get it working, but that was with the old Gecko Loader or GCBooter I think. I should get another PAL game tomorrow to test out... but it sounds like it won't work.

UxP
Aug 27, 2007

FlyingCheese posted:

...snip...

Emulators
Snes9x GX (snes emulator)
FCE Ultra GX (nes emulator)
GxGeo (neo geo emulator)
I don't use any emulators other than these so maybe someone else could fill in their recommendations for other systems.

...snip...

Edit: OP, feel free to throw this in the OP.

Genesis Plus is a great (and the only?) Sega Genesis emu.
I'm personally looking forward to Wii64, but the developers said they needed to rewrite an engine which will basically translate the byte-code of the ROMs into assembly back in April. There hasnt been a binary release since. Though, the SVN over at Google Code is being updated.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

Anyone have much experience with GxGeo?

I have the .rc files for the appropriate roms in the correct folder. About half of the games work fine (aside from the ones that are too big to fully load), but the other half don't even show up on the list.

I'm aware it's still in the works and kind of buggy, and if it won't work I'll live. But if there's something on my end I could do to correct this, that would be awesome.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

BattleMaster posted:

I know that if I ever made a Doom port I would purposefully make sure that it wasn't able to play FreeDoom.

It's strange because the first version of the program plays it (albeit very slowly), the newest wont play it at all.

Desrever posted:

Anyone have much experience with GxGeo?

I have the .rc files for the appropriate roms in the correct folder. About half of the games work fine (aside from the ones that are too big to fully load), but the other half don't even show up on the list.

I'm aware it's still in the works and kind of buggy, and if it won't work I'll live. But if there's something on my end I could do to correct this, that would be awesome.

Yeah, chalk it up to being an alpha program. Only a few games work.

cLin
Apr 21, 2003
lat3nt.net
Regarding the list of media players posted above, do any of them allow smooth dvd movie playback yet?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

cLin posted:

Regarding the list of media players posted above, do any of them allow smooth dvd movie playback yet?

Not really, I don't think there's been any improvement since the initial implimentation of the DVDX thing. There are a million different versions of MPlayer, 90% of which are useless.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Yeah, I've been looking for a version that plays videos off a Data DVD. One of them claims to, but damned if it works at all. I guess I shouldn't expect too much when stuff is just now coming online but it sure is annoying

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Are there any media players yet that can play content from a network share?

cLin
Apr 21, 2003
lat3nt.net

Maxwell Adams posted:

I think geexbox can but don't take my word.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

cLin posted:

Mplayer DVDLib version does if you don't care about menus and junk. You just select which rendering engine to use, normal (skip to the main movie) or with menus. Normal works without skipping but not the other.

Maxwell Adams posted:

Regular Mplayer can but it doesn't have a file browser yet, you have to modify a config file with the direct path of the file you want to play. The next major release should have a real file browser.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

Keito posted:

I swear I was getting 404 or 403 messages from the server when attempting to access those files earlier today.

Sorry to dreg this up again but I found the reason why you were getting 404 messages:

http://hackmii.com/2009/02/wiibrew-server-down/

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Do these utilities exist? I think they probably don't yet but I figured I'd make sure

1) A working method of directly booting out-of-region Wii games from the channel screen without having to run another program first during that boot cycle (Starfall's patch doesn't work for me and I'm not too thrilled with Preloader yet since removing it basically involves reinstalling the System Menu)

2) A program that will run PAL Gamecube games on an NTSC console and have them display in NTSC, like how Starfall makes NTSC Gamecube games display in PAL (currently I can get them to run but I don't get any video)

3) Failing that, a program that lets me set my console's video mode to PAL but only temporarily until the next reboot (AnyRegion Changer will do it permanently but I don't really want to try that straight off in case it gives me a black screen even on the system menu)

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
got it to work

Fight! For your kite! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 13, 2009

blowingupcasinos
Feb 21, 2006
I just booted The Homebrew Channel for the first time in a long time, and the auto-update fails every time. I don't know what to do - I don't even have Zelda to reinstall it anymore. Anyone have any idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
You can install the new homebrew channel from inside the old homebrew channel.

• Locked thread