Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I didn't see this in the op, but on the wiibrew faq it says you can't use a card under 256, which was why I was having so many problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

FlyingCheese posted:

Where does it say that? The Compatibility Test chart shows at least one under 256 that works.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

What kind of an SD card should I use?
As long as they're formatted to FAT 16 (FAT) or FAT 32, most SD cards should work for you. All SD cards smaller than 256mb will not work for you because they are too small to be formatted properly. If you are still unsure which type of card to use, this page may help you: SD/SDHC Card Compatibility Tests

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiBrew:FAQ

9th one down.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

treat posted:

Moving back from all the USB loader talk - I just downloaded a new version of VBA GX and suddenly I have another VBA loader in my homebrew channel which looks and feels exactly the same. Has anyone been able to spot a dicernable difference in the two versions or find a changelog floating around somewhere? Improved framerate maybe? That would be tits, but I can't seem to figure out what they've improved. :/

Changelog

1.0.9 - April 7, 2009
Gamecube controller should no longer rumble constantly
1.0.8 - April 6, 2009
"Match Wii Game" controls option! Games that have a Wii equivalent can be played using the controls for that Wii game. For example all Zelda games can be played with Twilight Princess controls.
Rotation/Tilt sensor games all work
Solar sensors (Boktai 1/2/3)
Rumble (except for games that rely on Gameboy Player)
Keyboard
PAL support, finally!
New scaling options, choose how much stretching you want
Colourised games now partially work but still have distortion
"Corvette" no longer has a screwed up palette (but still crashes)
Triggers net reconnection on SMB failure
Source code refactored, and project file added

from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Visual_Boy_Advance_GX

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I've been following this since it came out, but finally got a hd to work with. I got the usb loader to install, but I get this error:

[+]ERROR: Custom IOS could not be loaded!
(ret=-4100)

I'm on version 3.4U, with wiibrew on ios36 v12.18 which is the latest from what I understand. I followed the tutorial to the t, with my ios in the root folder and everything. Any ideas what the error code is trying to tell me to do? So far google isn't helping me out too much.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Couple of questions:

1) Finally got the downgrader to work, and subsequently the usb loader to work. Now can I delete all the downgrader crap from my memory card? All I need to leave is the emulators, usb loader, and homebrew channel right?

2) How do I safely update my firmware so I can play current games? Is going through Nintendo ok now since I have the hbc installed?

Sorry if the questions are stupid, the only other console I've modded was a psp, and you can't get the update from sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Do not uninstall any cios, write over them.

• Locked thread