Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

Anyone have much experience with GxGeo?

I have the .rc files for the appropriate roms in the correct folder. About half of the games work fine (aside from the ones that are too big to fully load), but the other half don't even show up on the list.

I'm aware it's still in the works and kind of buggy, and if it won't work I'll live. But if there's something on my end I could do to correct this, that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

Luisfe posted:

Has anyone tried the new Visual Boy Advance? The last two updates were pretty drat bad.

Have you had it since the new GUI was added? I like it tons more. It runs like the Snes9x/FCE Ultra emulators now.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

jimjob posted:

For some reason, four out of five times when I go to launch the SNES emulator, it freezes up. It's an all-black screen with alot of numbers.. no clue what the error is from. I can just hit the reset button to get back to the homebrew channel and try again, but what's causing it to not load in the first place?

Sometimes I unplug the gamecube controllers and then they'll boot on the first try. If you don't use Gamecube controllers then I don't know what to say :/

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

Sorry guys... I can't hang out tonight... I got a hot date

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

I remember hearing talk of being able to back up multiple gamecube games on a single dvd. I only own about 4 gamecube games, but having one disc to hold them all would be so much easier to keep track of. (I have no cases for these games, so they get scratched the gently caress up) Is this something that bootmii will assist in? Or am I mistaken.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

I recently got my wii online, and started playing around with the homebrew browser. I downloaded and played a few things with no problems. The next day, every time I try to download something I get "Problem checking boot dol/elf file" or "Problem deleting folder". And when I try to update a previously installed file, the application is removed from the channel list. I've searched google with no luck, and tried moving around and updating files on the sd but still no solution.

Anyone know what may be going on?

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

I have a situation. While fumbling around trying to put the SD card back on the Wii, it got sucked into the CD drive, and did not come back out. It's rattling around in the somewhere. Now we can delete the homebrew channel, no problem. But the SD card had bootmii on it. Who knows if they'll put the SD card in to test it or not, but that might cause a problem. Now, our other option is to crack it open and void its warranty. But I have not looked into how hard it would be to get to. I know about the special screw driver stuff, so I'll have to wait on it regardless.

The SD card will be missed, but can be replaced. Is there anything for me to worry about? Should I send it in, or would it be cheaper/safer to attempt it myself.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

torjus posted:

How the hell did this even happen?
Man, I never even let go of the card. It was dark, and I wasn't quite looking at the wii. It just caught the tip of the disc slot, and then it PULLED IT FROM MY OWN HANDS. The worst part is, it wasn't even my wii. Luckily my friend is understanding, and is aware that sometimes fate works against me.

Mr_Person posted:

As for the stuck SD card... have you tried sticking a pencil in shaking the Wii until it falls back out? It seems like it'd have to come out eventually.
I tried shaking it around, and I can hear it move about. But I've had no luck getting it out. I'm worried about shoving things in and prodding important parts, and most objects don't quite fit. Still, it's a new day, and I feel ready to face the challenge again.

We checked, and the warranty is still good. If we sent it in, I would just let him borrow mine in the mean time. I'm just worried about them popping the card in and finding bootmii.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

Party Boat posted:

It's not like Nintendo are the CIA and bootmii is the Anarchist's Cookbook. I'm pretty sure that even looking at the contents of that SD card, never mind blacklisting your friend's Wii based on it, would be superbad from a legal point of view.

Yeah... in retrospect, I think I was just being overly paranoid.

But it matters not. His mom worked some magic on it and pulled it out, and now everything works great. I just lost a little gamer cred is all :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

Lowclock posted:

To everyone who's got HBC, but is stuck in IOS up/down grade hell, this will help a lot.

Does this download the information off the web? My Wii can't get online here. I can take it to a friend's house to accomplish this. But before I go through the trouble, has anyone else tried this? I've always got bootmii as a backup, so I'm not terribly concerned. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this.

• Locked thread