Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Yeah, I've been looking for a version that plays videos off a Data DVD. One of them claims to, but damned if it works at all. I guess I shouldn't expect too much when stuff is just now coming online but it sure is annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I still can't get any of my Data DVDs to work with that MPlayer, but whatever, perhaps that's something do to the way I organize or something. But that smb stuff is working great, so it's just a minute to drag the files over. Color me pleased Wiibrew community, I achieve a lot onto DVDs and it's nice to get stuff on my TV.

I gather that smb has actually worked for a little while, but the instructions in the read-me were the first time I've seen it explained so cleanly what to do. I guess that's what I find frustrating so far, the wiki and a lot of other sites assume that one knows jargon and what to do way too much. I suppose I'm not the target demographic for soft modding the Nintendo Wii, but it wouldn't hurt for someone to just say "OK, at the end of the day this is what this program does."
OK, rant over

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 17, 2009

• Locked thread