Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Xythar posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a method to just install the SD channel without upgrading the system menu, yeah. They did it for the shop channel already.

Important question - is copying to the SD card less crippingly slow now? A while back I tried to copy LostWinds to my SD card and gave up after waiting for like 20 minutes.

Yes, it only took 30 seconds to copy the Internet Channel off my SD card back to the Wii. And then only 30 seconds to copy Super Mario 64 to the SD card from the hard-drive.

Yeah, I know it's bad to update blindly, but the new features are too useful. At least unlike the PSP, you can still use homebrew after installing the offical update.

[edit] My card used to take a long time to copy before the update, and the results above are what I get now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
SNES9X-GX

A new version of SNES9X-GX is out, and it is very sleek looking. Besides the new design, it also has a lot of new features included too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno if I need to take this to the Brawl thread, but how do I get Cheats Manager to get the Moveswap codes to work. I tried replacing the hex with one of the entries from the master list and saved, but nothing happened when I started the game.

Yet the cheat program is working, as 99 lives was on.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a reason why SDHC cards have trouble reading the Homebrew Channel. I have firmware 4.0, but 2/3 of the time if I use the SDHC card when booting up the channel, I just get the stupid bubble background.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sizzlechest posted:

Some class 6 cards don't seem to be compatible. See of yours is on this list:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

EDIT: Oh, and if you are using HBC 1.02, there's a bug that prevents SDHC cards from working.

drat, my Kingston is on the list. Guess it will be only used for backing up my Shop Channel purchases while my old 1 gb card will do the homebrew stuff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

elf help book posted:

I bought a Wavebird off of eBay for $13, it was cheap because it was missing the battery cover. I then bought a battery cover direct from Nintendo for $1.

Where did you find this on the Nintendo Store. I lost my Wavebird Battery cover, but I'm unable to locate it on their website.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How do you uninstall the HBC and any system changes it did. Could you format the system or you will lose any shop channel data?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

F. Lobot posted:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ohneswanzenegger-wii-entry-pc-software.279750/page-2
You can create a new NAND image that is specific to your Wii, use Bootmii to install it, then remove Bootmii from boot2 if you have it. If you loose power during that last step, it could be an unrecoverable brick.

This is the only way to fool Nintendo if you send in for repairs, but you also loose your friend code and VC/Wiiware games. However if you have a previous NAND dump you can restore to get everything back, provided Nintendo doesn't go nuts during repairs and swap your Wii's NAND.

As far as WiiU transfers go, we'll have to wait to see. I'm guessing that since there haven't been any anti-piracy measures in over 2 years, they're not fretting the Wii homebrew (see: DS flashcarts on 3DS).

Yeah, I don't think flashing the NAND image is what I will do. I just play it by ear and hopefully the transfer doesn't have issues. I will delete the HBC through to be on the safe side.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now that the Wii U and update to moving files over, has anyone tried transferring to the Wii U with a homebrew system?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Robolizard! posted:

Pretty sure its not out for another 5 hours

I know, but there are some goons who already got the system and are reporting the day 1 firmware update is out. I can't check myself since my store doesn't have a midnight launch.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Haven't been following the Homebrew scene for a while, but whatever became of the emulators for the PS1, Saturn, and N64? Did they finally get off the ground and became great emulators or just vaporware?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

F. Lobot posted:

They've done better than that.

More stages from Melee and even Smash Bros for the N64 are included, among other changes.

The best part about this mod? No hacking required. Just put it on a 2GB SD card and load it from Brawl's stage builder (you must delete all other custom stages for it to work). It's nothing permanent so Brawl will revert to normal when you remove the SD card, and it will never brick your Wii.

Does that mean it can be played on the Wii U?

• Locked thread