Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

Israel is a modern-day Gordian Knot. But instead of an Alexander to cut it apart we will need a Martha Washington, to weave it into a flag composed of millions of tiny knots and two peaceful states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kungfubar
Aug 24, 2002

then one morning i woke up and i thought oedipus oedipus oedipus oedipus

heh

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

*wipes coffee from mustache*

Lamestream Media
Dec 2, 2007

by angerbotSD

It’s OK to throw out your steering wheel, as long as you remember you’re driving without one.

Lamestream Media
Dec 2, 2007

by angerbotSD

The first rule of holes is when you’re in one, stop digging.When you’re in three, bring a lot of shovels.

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

I think the next six months is a very crucial period for Iraq, where we'll really see whether it's winnable or not

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

can i be milton friedman instead

Lamestream Media
Dec 2, 2007

by angerbotSD

The fighting, death and destruction in Gaza is painful to watch. But it’s all too familiar. It’s the latest version of the longest-running play in the modern Middle East, which, if I were to give it a title, would be called: “Who owns this hotel? Can the Jews have a room? And shouldn’t we blow up the bar and replace it with a mosque?”

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

The way the bailout bill is running now, we've got the Crips vs the Bloods, and the Crips have the majority in congress, sure, but the Bloods have got organization. And you can bet that unless we get capital flow to the banks to reinvest in investment, the LAPD is going to sweep in and pretty soon it'll be West Side Story - but this time, the only Jet is the one attached to your pension.

TangerineDream
Aug 1, 2006

White people did this

I have this new theory see, It's called brown-collared Jobs. Brown-collar jobs will be picking up all over the US, because someone needs to clean up all the poo poo that comes from my books.

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

The new economy is the endgame of a hole of golf: Globalization was the long drive and now that we are on the green - the green tech - we will need to be very careful with how we line up our shot to sink the ball into the hole of economic stability.

Goatstein fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 11, 2009

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

medio de fonte leporum surgo amariter

*kills myself*

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain

*is at IHOP*

*is talking to waitress*

hey these pancakes seem different since past historic events, they're a bit hotter and flatter than they used to be, eh?? :smug:

Lamestream Media
Dec 2, 2007

by angerbotSD

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

For now, though, they want to address this problem without having to change the basic ruling system of the Communist Party. They want to be green and red, not green and orange. I could feel it the minute I arrived.*

*actual quote

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

Have you ever folded a napkin in Bangalore? Of course not. Because napkins and you don't exist in Bangalore at the same time. But our corporations do. Our businesses are in Bangalore and so are our brains and our wallets, but when it comes time to clean up, well, then we're back at home, folding napkins. I can only hope President Obama learns the writing on the wall soon and writes it down himself - on a napkin.

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

Iraq was a crapshoot. And any Vegas gambler will tell you that the first thing you must know about any game of craps is that when you're playing with dictators you better buy a a lot of drinks.

TangerineDream
Aug 1, 2006

White people did this

Two countries that have a McDonalds will never fight each other in a war

TangerineDream
Aug 1, 2006

White people did this

TangerineDream posted:

Two countries that have a McDonalds will never fight each other in a war

Except Georgia and Russia

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

btw i think using actual friedman quotes or paraphrases is kinda cheating, i dunno!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

medio de fonte leporum surgo amariter

We all have to realize you can't teach a three-legged dog to run down a flight of stairs and keep track of how this applies to the American public.

Lamestream Media
Dec 2, 2007

by angerbotSD

TangerineDream posted:

Except Georgia and Russia

actually there's like a dozen goddamn instances of it happening

TangerineDream
Aug 1, 2006

White people did this

HI MY NAME IS TOM FRIEDMAN AND I HAVE AN UNLIMITED EXPENSE ACCOUNT FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES TO TRAVEL ALL AROUND THE WORLD SO I CAN WRITE WITTY COLUMNS AND BEST SELLING BOOKS.

Panic at the Costco
Aug 14, 2000

*an extremely loud "BOOYA" comes thundering from beyond the hills breaking windows all around u*

*pulls metaphors out of guantanamo bay*

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

free-trade economics is like an orange you peel off the thick rind and eat the juicy center

Butt Cord
Jan 28, 2005

The State was not formed in progressive stages; it appears fully armed, a master stroke executed all at once; the primordial Urstaat, the eternal model of everything the State wants to be and desires; the basic formation, on the horizon throughout history.

*tries waxing moustache and turning the ends upward*

ehh looks too french

*sighs, goes back to combing hair*

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

As Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah once told me while sharing brunch at the Istana Nurul Iman palace: The Blackberries had already been dug up, making the round world even flatter.

*fartz*

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

the problem with global warming isn't that we're getting too hot. it's that we're not "hot" enough - that is, passionate for radical change. that's why I think president obama should be like central heating at the ventilation industry fair that is the realm of global politics.

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

Beef BEEF posted:

*pulls metaphors out of guantanamo bay*

Guantanamo Bay has been called a "black hole" and scientists tell us that when dealing with black holes it is best to observe indirectly. In an age of Black Berries we cannot afford to look at Black Holes.

ShakeyDog
May 27, 2008

hey commies, guess what...

The historical debate is over. The answer is free-market capitalism.:smug:

ANGRY TEEN
Aug 27, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Home! posted:

*wipes coffee from mustache*

*takes cosmetic scissors to stray hairs*

Panic at the Costco
Aug 14, 2000

*an extremely loud "BOOYA" comes thundering from beyond the hills breaking windows all around u*

The health care debate in America is in its 5th inning. The HMO outfielders have got themselves in position, and the short stop (doctors) are ready to pitch. What we need is a home run, and a hot dog.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I support a country to use interrogation techniques that will cause physical and emotional distress and a modest amount of suffering on suspected terrorists.

I don't believe in torture.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

If Obama's victory has the effect of creating a new archetype of Americans around the new flat world, then the entire plot of the game needs to be changed according to the new rules. No longer is the archetype of America white, that is not something that works in a flat world. But neither can we paint the stripes of our flag black. Rather, we must convert America into a hybrid car, just as Obama himself is a hybrid. The new green American hybrid car driven by Obama will get up to a very high speed on the straightaways of the flat world.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

I live in a 50000 square foot mansion but you need to go green and my wife just lost her millions of inheritance money oh noes buy my books I know everything just look at how right I was about Iraq

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006

the really sad thing about this thread is that i can't tell the joke friedman quotes from the real ones

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

I'm pretty sure this thread is gonna turn around in the next six to eight months.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

*a shitload of mustache jokes*

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Police Academy 6 posted:

the really sad thing about this thread is that i can't tell the joke friedman quotes from the real ones

no one can, not even friedman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fist of Fury
Dec 3, 2004

THIS TITLE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE AS OBNOXIOUS AS MY POSTS

*grows nose hairs out to make mustache fuller and improve overall mustache capacity*

"Carmakers should improve fuel efficiency."
"Terrorism is a threat in the Middle East."

*says a bunch of other delightfully non-controversial, milquetoast things*